Chapter 24: A Place To Hide

I woke up, as I was quite a bit freaked out as to what it was that was going on with me right at this very moment in time, as I was having quite a bit of some quick and heavy breathing at once, as if I had been under the water for a bit of some time, and had not been able to breath whilst I had been under the water, for how ever long that I had in fact been down there.
I stood there for just a few moments of time, as I continued to do my best to get a bit of some grip on my breathing, as I then began to open my eyes all at once, as I felt like it was safe enough for me to do so, and I had breathed in enough to make me strong enough to do such a thing. As I opened my eyes all at once, I saw that it was still a bit dark out, but it was bright enough to at least tell me that it was early in the morning.
I blinked my eyes just a few times, as I began to lift my self up all at once, as I realized that I was soaked as well. I wondered I had in fact been under the water, as I realized that there was water all in the leaves that I had slept in last night, as it seemed like it had rained last night, and all of the rain had come over to the spot that I had decided to sleep in just last night.
I sighed, as I cursed my self all at once as to the fact that I had such bad luck. Perhaps I should have just decided to sleep up on a branch, even if it was not nearly as comfortable as how I had been last night. I did not feel awful, but I knew that I smelt nasty, and I also knew at the exact same time too, that it was going to take a while to get all of the nasty water that was off of me right now.
If I had to hope right now, than I would hope that I would find a river or a creek at some point today, so that I could clean my self up with some nice water. I knew that this was going to be a long, hard, and nasty journey, but I did not expect my self to get to the nasty part so soon. I was glad that no one was near me at this very moment in time, as I felt like quite a bit of an embarrassment on my self right now.
I sighed to my self all at once as well, as I knew that I was going to be fine, as the worst part was yet to come if I had to make a bit of an assumption. I breathed in heavily at all of those thoughts, as I was just glad that I was at the very least able to breath right now, as it really had not felt like I had been able to do as such not all too long ago, when I had just first woken my self up, to see that I was still in this place that I had fallen asleep in last night.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once as well, as I knew that though I was drenched in nasty water right now, the best way to get the water off of me was to go out side, shake it off, and let the sun do the rest for me. The more that I stayed in this place, the more I felt like it would got worse for me, as I then sighed a bit to my self all at once, and I then began to walk out of the ditch that I had fallen asleep in last night.
I knew that even if the water got off of me, it did not mean that the smell would get off of me, as I knew that I was going to have to deal with that all day, as I groaned a bit to my self at the exact same time too, as I felt like I did not want to think all too much on it, as I then just began to head out of the ditch that I was still in right now, doing my best to try to not get to upset at what ever cat had thought that it would be a good idea to go on this journey.
I knew that I had made the decision to do so in the end, but I had always wanted to live out in the wild. I was not the cat that had kept telling my self to follow the sun trail how ever, as I almost wanted to curse that old hag for him making me go down this path. I just wanted to go back to my two leg place right now, and get some more rest up on my cat tower, if I was going to be completely honest with my self.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once at the exact same time too, as soon as I got out of the ditch that I had my self stuck in just the night before. I blinked my eyes all at once, as I could see that the sun was going right over the trees that were right in front of me at this very moment in time. Seeing the beautiful sight that was in front of my eyes, I then felt like a bit of an idiot for even thinking on the fact that I would ever want to head back over to that old two leg nest.
I smiled just a bit to my self, as I stared at the beautiful scene that was in front of my eyes for a little while longer, as I then all of the sudden nodded to my self as well, as I jumped just a bit at the exact same time too, due to the fact that I had heard a lot of loud noises flying past me right now, as I saw a bunch of stuff go by me really fast. I was a bit afraid of it at first, as I was not all too sure as to what it was, until I got a full view on where it was that I was at right now, as I then remembered just where it was that I had slept on last night at the same time too.
It was a two leg path, that had a lot of monsters above me. I was kind of a bit amazed as to the fact that I had some how managed to fall asleep with all of the noise in the first place, as it felt like a bit of a miracle to me, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I blinked my eyes just a few times, and I then shook off all of those thoughts all at the exact same time too, as I also knew that all of that was besides the point as well, as it then hit me as to where it was that I was at in the first place.
In the distance, I saw that there in front of me was the sun, as that was the sun trail that I knew that I must follow, but at the exact same time too, I also knew that in front of me, was a huge two leg path, and there were a bunch of monsters flying past it right now. I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do if I was going to be honest with my self, as I was quite a bit afraid none the less, as I moved back, cowering away from all of it, in quite a bit of some fear.
I did not want to be here, and I just wanted to go back. Even if I knew that the sun trail was ahead of me, surely there was no way that I could get past this big two leg path, right? I felt a bit sick, as well as the fact that I was quite a bit afraid as well, as I was starting to tell my self, to not do this, and to just go back home. I knew it was a bad idea to try to cross the two leg path and keep on going.
I looked all around me in the hopes that I might be able to venture off of the side of it, and keep on going, but sadly that was not the case at all how ever, as I saw that the two leg path seemed to go on for ever, as I saw a bunch of monsters seeming to stare me down at the exact same time too, as I gulped a bit as well, not all too certain as to what it was that I should try to do at this very moment in time.
It felt like this was the end, and there was no way through, to get to the other side, as it seemed like there were now starting to be more and more monsters, and they seemed to be going faster and faster the longer that I stayed there as well. I turned my head back behind me, as I knew that I could find my way back to the barn if I decided to, as I knew that it was very tempting as well, as I stared back at the woods that were in that direction right now.
I looked at it for a little while longer, until I saw a bit of a flicker of light in that direction. I turned my head over to where it was that I had seen it come from, as I then all of the sudden noticed that it was a cat. A smile popped up on my face all at once, as I could tell that the cats fur was clean, meaning that it could not be a rogue at all, and if it some how was in fact a rogue, than it could not be a bad cat, surely right?
I blinked my eyes at it, as I was just about to walk over to the cat, until I noticed the fur, as soon as I looked over at it, as it was the fur of my father Frank, as I too then began to get a little bit excited as well, as I was about to sprint over to him, ready to fall in to his paws all at once. I smiled at him, as I was just about to do that, until all at once, I then began to hear a voice, as it seemed like it was all around me.
I looked at my father, for just a few more moments, as I saw him shake his head at me all at once, which confused me quite a bit, as I could tell that he was trying to tell me no, for some odd reason or another, which did in fact confuse me quite a bit, if I was not going to lie to my self. I was a bit disappointed by it, as I then dipped my head a bit low to the ground all at once.
I then remembered how ever, that there were voices all around me right now, as I was a little bit lost on what it was that was going on right now, as I was not all too certain as to what it was that they were trying to say to me at this very moment in time. I looked all around me, but I did not see as to where the voice was coming from, as it startled me quite a bit, as I was a bit afraid as to what it was that was going on at this very moment in time.
I turned my head back over to Frank, as if I expected to get all of the answers that I needed, from him right now, but that was not the case at all sadly enough, as I noticed that he was not in the same place that I had last seen him, as it seemed like he had all of the sudden disappeared. I was about to dip my head a bit low to the ground once again, but it seemed like the voices that I heard all around me at this very moment in time were trying to tell me other wise.
I was a little bit lost by all of it if I was not going to lie, but I then began to breath in a bit heavily, to regain a little bit of my consciousness. I shook off all of those thoughts all at once, as I could still hear all of the voices speaking to me. I felt like I should just give up, and give in to all of it all at once, as it seemed to be a bit pointless, and a bit hopeless right now. I sighed, as I then all of the sudden, all at once, then began to listen as to what it was that all of the voices had to say to me in the very first place any ways.
"Follow the sun trail Kettle! The sun trail will take you home!" I heard the voices say to me, as they seemed to repeat it for quite a bit of some time at the exact same time as well, as it was starting to get on my nerves as well, as it still did scare me quite a bit too, as to where it was that all of those voices were coming from right now. What really annoyed me, was the fact that I had heard those same words said to me nearly a hundred times at this point.
I was tempted to get in to a little bit of a rebellious nature, and fight back against all of it, by deciding not to do it at all. I under stood it the first time, and it was only starting to piss me off at this point, as to the fact that they just kept coming to me and telling me the same thing. Maybe that was due to the fact that I knew that I had thought about just deciding to go back home, if I was going to be honest with my self.
The more I began to think on it, the more that I realized just how much it made sense, as to the fact that they came to me all of the time in the very first place any ways, as I dipped my head a bit low to the ground, which did not last all that long, as I heard a huge monster fly right by me, as it scared me to death, as I jumped back, not all too sure as to why it had scared me all too much in the first place, as I knew that they were not going to leave the two leg path that was there for them.
I breathed in a bit of a heavy sigh of relief all at once, as I stared at the two leg path for quite a bit of some time at the same time too, not all too sure as to just what it was that I was doing at this very moment in time, if I was not going to lie to my self. I groaned just a little bit, as I then looked back behind me at the same time too, thinking back of the thoughts of going back to the amazing and beautiful barn.
Those thoughts really did not seem to feel all too enticing to me any more, as I let out a bit of a sigh. What did in fact feel quite a bit interesting to me right now, if I was not going to lie to my self, was the fact that I had been told of the sun trail, once again, which was not a surprise at all to me, as I was not all too sure as to why those thoughts were on that right now. I squinted my eyes at the area that was in front of me all at once as well.
I did in fact see the sun, as that was the trail that I knew that I was supposed to follow right now. I saw a huge two leg path in the way how ever, that was filled with a whole bunch of giant monsters that would tear me apart if I even tried to get any where near them. There was not a doubt in my mind as to the fact that they would. They were so much bigger and stronger than I was.
There was also the fact that there were so many of them, and they were going a lot faster than I had ever seen a cat go in my life, by far. It was not even worth trying to fight back against them. I was not all too certain as to what it was that I should do right now, if I was going to be completely honest with my self once again, as I kind of just wanted to lay my self down, and just cry my self to sleep.
This felt like it was the end of my own path, as I felt like there was no possible way that I could ever go through this two leg path that was in front of me. I looked up at the sky, as to where I saw all of the stars shine during the night. The stars did not want to seem to help me right now how ever, as I knew that it was quite a bit of a disappointment, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I groaned loudly to my self, in quite a bit of some annoyance.
It seemed like they had cursed me, and that they had doomed me in to this life that I had got my self stuck in right now, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that they wanted me to do. What happened if I said no? Did I just die? I was going to die if I tried to cross this two leg path, which I was fairly certain of right now, as I then stared up at the sky at the exact same time too, and I then began to yell and screech at it all at once as well.
"What do you want me to do? Do you want me to just die? Is that the home that you want me to go to?" I said, as I knew that I kind of wanted to go down the path, and follow the sun trail that I saw ahead of me, but at the same time too, I also felt like if I was to even try to get across this two leg path, than it would for certain lead to the death of me. Was that really what the whole point of my life was for?
I wanted to cry, as I just wanted to give up at this point, if I was going to be completely honest with my self. I had my head quite a bit low to the ground, as I was not all too certain as to what it was that I should do right now. I knew that if I tried to cross that two leg path, that was seeming the scream in my ear, than I was fairly certain that I was going to die. It was so long, and there were so many monsters going past it at this very moment in time.
As I kept my eyes closed, and gave my self to focus in on all of my thoughts all at once, I suddenly began to realize that there was some thing that was a bit off with what it was that was going on at this very moment in time as well, as I then opened my eyes all at once, a bit freaked out, due to the fact that I did not have a clue as to what was going on right now. I blinked my eyes, as I began to breath in quite a bit heavily, not all too sure as to what it was that I was supposed to be doing.
It seemed like there was some thing calling me to the other side of the two leg path but... I looked all around me all at once, as I was about to say, 'the monsters' were all over the place, just as I had seen it be not all too long before now. As I looked all over the place how ever, I then realized that it was silent, and it was dead empty at this very moment in time, besides the monsters that I could see a fair bit in the distance, away from me.
I blinked my eyes just a few times, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that was going on, nor what it was that I should do right now. I saw that the monsters that were in the distance at this very moment in time, were starting to get closer and closer to me. I looked at them for a little while longer, until it all of the sudden hit me, as to what it was that I should be doing right now, as I seemed to stop every thing that I was doing.
There was a completely open lane in the two leg path, where I could run through it quickly. The lane that was open how ever, was not going to be open for all too much longer how ever, as I could see that the monster was starting to get closer and closer to me, and also, the closer it seemed to get, the faster that it seemed to be going, as I then began to realize, as to just what it was that I should be doing right now.
This time, for once, I did not hesitate at all to fly right in to the two leg path, which would be quite a bit stupid it felt like, in any situation besides the one that I was in right now. The path was quite a bit strong and sturdy, as it did not feel comfortable at all to walk on, much less to run on, such as I was doing at this very moment in time, as it kind of was scratching my paws up quite a bit.
I just kept on going how ever, as I could see that the monsters were drawing closer and closer to me, as I saw that I was about half way through the path right at this moment. I knew that I could not stop now, as I seemed to go even faster than before, not all too sure as to how all of those monsters could hand the path on their own paws. It was besides the point how ever, as I then jumped as soon as I got to the end of the other side, as I landed on the ground below me, realized that I had made it to safety.
Just as I had heard just a few moments ago, I then began to hear a whole bunch of the monsters flying past me once again, as it seemed like a miracle that I had got an open lane to the other side, as I could tell that it was very busy once again. I was tempted to look back over to it, but I stopped my self from doing so, as I knew that it would only scare me more. I was just glad that I did not have to worry about that at all, hopefully again.
I shook my head, as I then did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts from my head all at the exact same time too, a I kept my eyes on what it was that I saw in front of me right now as well, as I saw that there it was, of course, it was the sun, as I remembered that it was the place that I was supposed to follow, at least, I hope that I had it right, as I was fairly certain that they would have told me other wise at this point, at least I hoped.
I stared at the sun trail for a little while longer, as I then gulped to my self at the exact same time too, not all too certain as to what it was that I should do, as I shivered just a little bit, even though the sun was warming me up quite a bit, as I saw that it was now fully above the trees that were in front of me right now. I closed my eyes for a bit longer, moving further away from the two leg path, as I just enjoyed the warmth of the sun all over me, for just a little while longer.
I smiled just a bit to my self, as I was not going to lie to my self. It was in fact quite a beautiful world that I lived in, and there was nothing to complain about it at all. I could not wait for the path that laid ahead of me at this point, as finally it seemed like my thoughts got off of what it was that I had left behind me. I was glad for it, as though I felt a bit of some regret, I knew that this was where I had to go... It was my new home.
I nodded a bit to my self, as I all of the sudden opened my eyes all at once, and I then locked my eyes on to where it was that I saw in front of me. I looked at it for just a few moments, as I breathed in heavily as well, not all too sure as to what it was that I should do. I knew that what it was that I saw in front of me right now, was the way too my new home, but for some odd reason or another, I still felt a bit of some fear to head over to it.
I was not all too sure as to what it was that it could be. I felt like I had always been like this, as I never had felt like I was strong enough to go and look at what the wild was like. Now was my chance, so what was going on with me right now? I felt like quite a bit of an idiot, as I squinted my eyes at some thing, even though I knew that there was nothing in front of me to be looking at right now.
I had a blank look on my face, as well as a bit of a blank mind set. But maybe that was what I needed right now how ever, as I knew that I did not want to have any thoughts of regret right now, nor did I want to have any thoughts of pain. I just felt like every thing would be a whole lot better, if I just did not think of any thing at all, and I just kept on going down the sun trail, such as I had been told to do.
I nodded to my self all at once, as I felt a lot stronger now, now that I was able to tell my self that was what it was that I needed to do, and that was what it was that I was going to do none the less, as I then began to head over to the woods that were in front of me, which was of course, exactly where it was that the sun trail was trying to take me to right now, as I dipped my head low to the ground, knowing that this was going to be a long day.

It turned out, that I was right with what it was that I had thought about the day, as it did in fact turn out to be a long one. I was so worn out, as I felt like I was more tired that I had been when I had fallen asleep just last night. That was not a bad thing though, as the day before, I had just been worn out all day, and it felt like I had not gained all too much ground at all, that I had needed to get. That was the opposite of what it was that could be said about today how ever, as I felt quite a bit proud of all of the ground that I had gained tonight, if I was not going to lie to my self.
I smiled a bit to my self, as I felt a lot better with all of those thoughts going on through my head right now. How ever at the exact same time too, I also knew that those were not the thoughts that I should have my focus on at all right now, as I then nodded and began to lift my head up, as I had my head a bit low to the ground most of the day. I was not worried at all about the fact that I would lose my track on the sun trail, as I had just walked on a straight line the whole day, though I had turned my head around a few times, just to make sure.
Luckily enough for me, that was not the case at all how ever, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh, and I looked up at the sky as I saw that the sun was no where to be seen at this point. At first, I was a bit freaked out, as I was worried that I had some how lost the sun, but that was of course until I realized that what it was that I saw above me, was a whole bunch of stars. I breathed in a bit of a heavy sigh of relief all at once, as I felt a whole lot better now that I knew that it was the case as well.
I smiled a bit to my self, as it felt like for some odd reason or another, that the stars made me feel oddly safe, which I was not all too certain as to why that was the case at all, if I was going to be honest with my self. I sighed just a little bit, as I then shook off all of those thoughts all at once as well, as I then just kept on going, though I knew that it was quite a bit dark out right now, and I should soon stop.
I knew what came out at dark as well, as I was quite a bit afraid of it, as the memory of what had happened to my father, Frank, all of the sudden came back to my head all at once. I knew that at some point soon, no matter where it was that I was at, that they were going to come after me, just as they had done to my father, as I felt quite a bit sick, not wanting to have the same thing happen to me.
I looked all around me for a little bit of some time, as I did not see any strong of sturdy branches that I might be able to hold on to. I was quite a bit afraid if I was not going to lie to my self, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do right now. I breathed in just a little bit to my self all at once, as I then all of the sudden looked up at the sky, and at the stars all at once, as for some idiotic reason as well, I then began to speak to the stars.
"Please... I just want a place to hide..."