Chapter 31: Help Us

Once the bit of anxiety from the both of them seemed to calm them selves down just a bit, the hunting trip ended up going okay for us. I had noticed that the both of them still seemed to be off, but it was still for sure enjoyable to me at the very least, as after the both of them had seemed to calm down, they then finally had a bunch of smiles on their faces, as we caught 2 squirrels and 2 mice whilst we had been on the hunting trip. Of course, I was the one that caught both of the mice, as it felt like that was the only animal that I was any good at hunting.
I felt like I should ask some one for some help to teach me how to hunt other sorts of animals a bit better, but I felt like I should not be asking all of the cats here all of that, as I really did not even want to get close to them, as they always had quite nasty looks on their faces when ever I was to get near them, such as when it was that I went to get some prey from the prey pile, or I dropped off some that I had caught during the day, as it was clear to me that they did not trust me, or they did not like me.
Perhaps both... I felt like I should not get all too worried about that how ever, as I had got my focus on what it was that was a bit more important, which was of course the fact that I still was going out and hunting for prey for the tribe, and I had made at least a few friends at the very least. I was sure that Oister was right with what she had said by the fact that she had told me that they would 'come around' at some point in the future, as I knew that it was true for Oister at the very least never the less as well.
She at first had not liked me, and she had not trusted me like the rest of the cats in the tribe, but when Stoneteller had told her that she was going to be the cat that was going to show me around the territory, she surprisingly had not complained about it at all, and she happily did teach me about every thing that was in the territory, and all of the best places that were to go and hunt for stuff. She was a very good cat, and I did feel some thing a bit different about her, that I did not feel for any of the other cats, not even Storm.
I knew what it was as well, as it was clear that I was in love with the she cat, but I did not want to admit it to my self how ever, as I felt like I kind of just wanted to keep it to my self for the time being, as I had a bit of some fear as to the fact that I might be denied of her love for me, so I just kept it to my self for now. I let out a bit of a rough sigh all at the exact same time as well, as I then nodded to my self never the less, as I did my best to get my focus on just what it was that was even going on right now in the very first place any ways.
That was of course the fact that I was with my 2 friends, one of those being Storm, and the other cat being Oister, who was the cat that I had just been thinking about not all too long ago. I squinted my eyes at Storm at the same time too, for some odd reason or another, which I was not all too sure as to why I had done so my self, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I then saw Storm all of the sudden tilt his head at me a little bit, as it was clear that he was a bit lost as to just what it was that I was doing at this very moment in time at the same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then let out a bit of a soft sigh all at once, as I had seen Storm nod to me, as it was clear that he thought that I had some thing to say to him, but that was not the case at all how ever, as I then looked down at the ground instead, not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on with me at this very moment in time any ways. I began to breath in just a bit, as I did my best to get my focus back on to a normal train of thoughts, as I then lifted my head up just a bit.
Storm was no longer looking at me at all for some odd reason or another, which I was quite a bit grateful for never the less, as I then began to breath in a bit once again, as I was quite a bit relieved that it was the case any ways, as I then nodded a bit to my self this time, as I kept on walking forward a little bit, taking the lead for the both of them, as I saw that the both of them were staring at each other for some odd reason, which I was not all too sure as to why that was even the case in the very first place any ways.
I didn't get my focus on it how ever, as I just kept on going ahead, as I looked up at the cave that was quite a bit of some ways away from us right now, as we had gone quite a bit of some fair ways out to go hunting to day, in a place that most cats usually did not go, which was a lot of the reason that it was so easy for us to catch some prey at the exact same time too, as I knew that the area was fresh, and there was rarely any thing that ever hunted for prey unless it was an eagle or a hawk, which was for sure some thing you had to look out for if you were a young kit.
I sighed, as I continued to go on ahead, until I then realized that neither one of them were following me for some odd reason or another, which made me turn my head around, and squint my eyes at the both of them, due to the fact that I had not a clue as to what it was that either one of them were even doing in the very first place any ways. I looked at the both of them for quite a bit of some time, until I then noticed that Oister had all of the sudden lifted her head up at me, as she then nodded to me at the same time as well, not all too much longer after all of that.
I was a bit lost as to what it was that was even going on with the both of my friends, in the very first place any ways, but I did in fact nod right back to Oister how ever, to let her know that she had my full attention on her, which I did in fact have my full attention on her of course, as I could tell that it made her feel a bit better at the very least never the less. That was good for her I suppose, but it did not make me feel any sort of better, due to the fact that I was worried for my friends, as it seemed like they had got back to the way that they were not all too long before now.
I was tempted to dip my head a bit low to the ground at the same time too, but I did not do such a thing at all in fact, as I instead just kept my eyes on Oister, as I saw that she had a bit of a blank look on her face, as if she had just forgot as to what it was that she was even doing in the very first place any ways. I then all of the sudden saw Oister then shake her head, as she was more just shaking her head to her self, which did not bother me all too much, as Oister then all of the sudden did in fact finally begin to speak to me, as I let out a bit of a sigh of relief to my self, and I then did in fact begin to listen as to what it was that she even had to say to me in the very first place as well.
"I am going to take those 2 mice over to the prey pile... I've got some stuff I need to do, and some cats that I need to talk to..." She said to the both of us, though it seemed like she was mainly talking to me how ever, just based off of the fact that she had her eyes on me right now, and it did not even seem like she was paying Storm any sort of attention, not even from the corner of her own eyes. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was quite a bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on in the very first place any ways, but I sighed a bit to my self, as I did in fact nod back to her after a little while longer, to let her know that I had in fact heard as to what it was that she had just said to me in the very first place any ways, which I could tell did in fact make her feel quite a bit better at the same time too, as I saw a bit of a grin pop on her face, as if she was happy with all that was going on right at this very moment in time, which I knew was not the case, as I could tell that she was still quite a bit lost in her own head still. I felt a bit bad for her, but I felt like there was no use in trying to say any thing about it how ever, as I knew as to what it was that she was thinking about, and I felt like there was nothing that I could do to get her to feel any better. I felt a bit bad about it never the less, as I was about to dip my head a bit low to the ground once again, until I then heard her voice, as she then began to speak to me once again, and I instead lifted my head up, and then nodded to her, to let her know that I was listening as to what it was that she had to say in the very first place any ways, which I was in fact, of course doing. "I'll see you tonight Kettle..."
I looked at her, as I saw a big smile on her face, which this time I could in fact tell that it was a real smile, which did in fact make me feel quite a bit better about all of this, as I felt a little bit relieved that it seemed like things were going a little bit back to normal, as I then smiled right back over to her. She then nodded to me, still holding that smile on her face, to let me know that she was about to leave me behind, as not too much longer after all of that had happened, she then all of the sudden lifted the tails of the mice up in to her mouth, and she began to walk back over to the big cave that was quite a bit of some ways away from us still.
Before she turned her head away from me how ever, I at least nodded back to her, which made me feel just a slight bit better at the very least, as I let out quite a bit of a rough and heavy sigh, as I then began to watch her head away from both me and Storm, as I was quite a bit sad for it at the exact same time as well, as I then dipped my head down low to the ground, which was what it was that I had been planning on doing in the very first place any ways, until I had heard Oister in fact beginning to speak to me.
This only seemed to make it feel a whole lot worse how ever, as it now felt like I was alone. I was not all too sure as to why I was acting the way that I was right now, as I knew that my life did not need to rely on one single she cat, as I knew that I had to keep my focus on my normal life. I just could not help it at all how ever, as I had noticed from the moment that I had seen her, and before I had even got to know her at all, that she was going to be some thing special to me, as I was quite a bit amazed as to the fact that she some how had not even had a mate her self just yet, as I felt like, if I was a tom cat, which I was of course, I would have been quick to hop on all of that.
How ever, once again, I knew that it was not the case at all though, as I knew that it had just been pure luck to me, as to the fact that Stoneteller had for some reason decided that she was going to be the cat that was going to show me around the territory. That was what had really gotten the both of us so close to one another, as we had got to know each other quite a bit well during that time that we had a bit privately with one another. I smiled a bit to my self at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I really should not even have my focus on all of those thoughts right at this very moment in time.
There was some thing that had been very important to me, as it had been some thing that I had been trying to plan on doing for quite a bit of some time during the day, but I was a bit lost as to what it even was in the very first place any ways. I gulped just a bit to my self never the less, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that was going on with me right now, as I was not all too sure as to how it was that I had so easily forgot some thing of that kind of sorts, as I could feel in my head some where, that it had been some thing very important to me.
I stared down at the ground for just some time, as I did my best to try to think on what it was that it could be in the very first place as well, but it just seemed to be a bit of a blur in my mind right now. Perhaps I might remember it once me and Storm got back to the cave with one another, and we dropped our squirrels at the prey pile. I turned my head over to Storm, at what seemed to be the perfect time, as I then all of the sudden began to hear my friend start to speak to me, crazily enough, as I blinked my eyes just a few times, due to the fact that I was still quite a bit lost never the less.
I gulped, as I felt like I was going a bit crazy right now, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh, and I then all of the sudden nodded to Storm, to let him know that I was listening as to what it was that he had to say to me at the exact same time as well. He did not seem to be all too bothered by that at all how ever, which confused me, as well as the fact that I was a bit lost my self. I shook off all of those thoughts how ever, as I felt like I might get the answers that I needed to hear, if I was to listen in on what it was that he had to say to me, which I did in fact do such a thing.
"So... When are you going to break the news to her?" He said to me, as I looked at my friend right in to his eyes, as I was a little bit lost as to what it was that he had just said, as well as the fact that I was a bit lost on the fact that it was clear that he was getting at some thing, but I did not have a single clue as to what it was that it could be in the very first place any ways. I tilted my head at him, as I felt like what it was that he was in fact trying to say to me, was some thing very obvious, and I was not only a stupid cat, but I was also a blind cat for not some how getting at to what it was that he was talking about. Storm looked right in to my eyes, with his own eyes squinted for just a little while longer, as it seemed like he felt like I was an idiot, which I felt like could in fact be the case as well, as it seemed like it was obvious as to what it was that he was saying, but I some how did not under stand it. I sighed a bit to my self, as I then saw Storm all of the sudden roll his eyes at me, as it was clear that he too felt like I was dumb, as he then shook his head at me, which confused me even more, as to what it was that he was doing right now. After just a few more moments seemed to pass how ever, Storm did in fact begin to speak to me once again how ever, as I gulped just a bit to my self, for some odd reason or another, and I then began to listen as to what it was that my good friend had to say to me at the exact same time too. "Come on... I am not stupid... I know that you like Oister..."
I looked at him for just a few moments longer, as I then blinked my eyes at him once again. I was not all too sure as to what it was that I had been thinking, but I was in fact quite a bit shocked as to what it was that he had even said to me in the very first place any ways. I had not thought that I had been making it all too obvious, but perhaps I had, as I did know that I often liked to look at her in quite some awe, as she seemed to be the most beautiful cat that I had ever seen with my own 2 eyes, as well as the fact, that as I had come to find out, she was quite a good a nice cat.
I would not even say it the way that Storm had said it to me either, as to the fact that he had said I had liked her. Yes of course, perhaps I had in fact liked her for a bit of some time, but that was no longer the case at all any more, as the like that I had for her not all too long before now, had seemed to turn in to a bit of some love, which was such a weird word to say to my self at the exact same time too. I knew as to why that was in fact the case as well never the less, as I knew that not only had I not fallen in love with a cat before in my entire life, but I had also thought that I never would either, as much as Ben had told me that 'some day, you will find the one'.
I felt like I needed to listen to my old friend a lot more, because as it had turned out so far, each and every thing that he had told me, had in fact ended up coming to fruition, and it had in fact become a reality. I let out a bit of a rough and a soft sigh at the exact same time as well how ever, as I also knew that I could never get to listen to him ever again, due to the fact that I had left him behind. I just wish that he could have been with me, and he could have helped me in this journey.
Perhaps things would have ended up being a lot better for me, if that was the case, but sadly, that was not the case at all, and I felt it best to not dwell on it for all too long, as it felt like I dwelled on a lot of mistakes that I had made in the past, far too much, and I wasted a lot of time hurting my self over that as well. I knew that life was a lot better when I was a happy cat, and I had a positive train of thought, than life was when I was always sad, and I was always miserable, thinking that some thing bad was going to happen every single day.
I had gotten a lot better about that, at least as far as I could tell at the same time too how ever, as I knew that I was not at all bothered by the fact that some thing seemed to be a bit off with the weather today, to not only Storm, but also to Oister. I kind of shivered on those thoughts at the same time as well, since they had come back to me, as I knew that those were not the types of thoughts that I really wanted to be thinking on at all right now, as I then blinked my eyes a few times, as I also got my focus in on what it was that was even going on right now in the very first place any ways.
I lifted my head up, as I blinked my eyes a few times as well, looking at Storm right in to his eyes, as he had a bit of a blank look on his face, as if he had not just spoken to me not all too long ago. It then hit me all of the sudden as well, as to the fact that he had in fact just spoken to me not all that long ago, as I then began to think back on what it was that he had even said to me in the very first place any ways, as I looked at Storm right in to his eyes, for just a little while longer, as I carried a bit of a blank look on my own face at the same time too.
It was a bit of a surprise to me still, as to the fact that he had known that I was in love with Oister, or at the very least I liked her, as that was what it was that he had said to me in the very first place any ways, as it made sense that he would not dare use the word love just yet. You could not use that word until you actually got with some one, as I was starting to realize, so I felt like I could not say that I was in love with Oister just yet at all. I, at the very least really did like the cat a lot, and perhaps in the near future, I could in fact call it love.
It was not the near future at all just yet how ever, and I felt like I was being a little bit too over the top never the less, at the exact same time as well, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, once again, as it was not the first time that I had done that today. I then looked at Storm right in to his eyes, as I still had a bit of a blank look on my face, but as I then began to realize as to just what it was that was even going on in the very first place any ways, I then kind of gave up a bit, on the fact that I should hide it any longer, as I then did in fact nod to my friend all at the exact same time too.
I could tell that it surprised Storm, for some odd reason or another, as it kind of confused me a bit, as to how it was the case, when he had been so certain with what it was that he had said to me in the very first place any ways. I blinked my eyes just a few times, as I then got my focus off of all of that all at the exact same time too, as I then got my focus in on what it was that was even going on right now any ways, as I then let out another soft sigh to my self, once again, before I then began to start to speak to Storm, after a little while longer.
"You got me... Yes... I really do like her a lot... I just don't really know where to go from there yet... I feel like I should tell her, but... I don't know..." I said to him, as I knew that I was stumbling over my words never the less as well, as I felt like I was an idiot as to what it was that was even going on in the very first place any ways. I felt like I had just completely exposed my only true secret at the same time too, as I was at least glad that I had exposed it to such a good friend as Storm, as I knew that I could not hold it in for any longer.
I knew that I had to hold it in how ever, as I knew that I had to get Oister to like me a little bit more, before I confessed to her that I actually did like her. I did not want to be stupid with what it was that I said to her, and I felt like I had to play all of this right, and I also had to play all of this quite a bit safely as well, as I gulped just a bit to my self, and I then shook my head at the exact same time too, doing my best to not get all too wrapped up on all of that, as I had spent plenty of time doing that as of late any ways.
I knew that there was nothing that I needed to worry about at all, for my friend, Storm, as I knew that he was the best friend that I could have ever asked for, and whilst he had not ever found a mate him self, it was clear that he was not at all jealous about me, as it seemed like he was instead happy for me, as he had quite a big smile on his own face, as he then nodded to me at the exact same time too. I could not help but to put a big smile on my own face, as it always made me happy to see one of my friends happy.
Storm stared at me right in to his eyes, as it was clear that he was dead serious about all of this now, as it seemed like he might have just been joking about all of it at first, as I felt like I should be a little bit embarrassed about all of it, but I was not at all, as I really did not have any thing to hide from my friend at all, as I shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw him blink his eyes a few times, as it was clear that he was trying to think on what it was that he should say to me next, as it was clear that he did not want to give me any sort of bad advice at all either.
Storm looked up at the sky for just a few moments, as I saw that he had a bit of a blank look on his face now, as it was clear that he was trying to find some clear space to think, before he felt like he wanted to speak to me, which I did not blame him for at all, as it was clear that he knew that what it was that he had to say to me next, had to be some very wise words, and some very good advice to tell a friend such as me. I was a bit lost as to what it was that he even could say to me in the very first place any ways, if he had in fact not ever fallen in love with a cat at all.
I titled my head a bit, as I felt like I was now starting to get a bit lost in my own head once again, which was not at all as to the way that I wanted to be thinking right at this very moment in time, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh all to my self all at the exact same time too, as I just kept looking at Storm, right in to his eyes. Luckily, it did not seem to bother him at all how ever, as it seemed to warm him up a bit instead, as not too long after all of that, I then saw him turn his head back over to me.
It was clear that he was about to speak to me, and what made it even more obvious to me, never the less, was the fact that he then nodded to me. I blinked my eyes just a few times at him, as I still was a little bit lost on all of this never the less, but after a gulped a little bit, I did in fact nod back to him, to let him know that I was in fact listening as to what it was that he had to say to me in the very first place any ways. Storm then opened his mouth, as it was clear that he was a out to speak, until he got interrupted by some loud yelling from not all too far away.
I was a bit lost by all that was going on right now, in the very first place any ways, but I lost my train of thought, and all of my focus that I had on Storm before now, as I then turned my head over to where the noise might even be coming from in the very first place any ways, as I blinked my eyes a few times, still not all too sure as to what it was that was going on, as I then heard the familiar loud voice start to yell once again, as I heard what it was that the cat had to say in the very first place any ways.
"Some one, please! Help Us!"