Chapter 26: We Know You're Here

I looked at the place that I saw in front of my eyes, as I knew that it was the place that I had seen in my dream not all too long ago. It was beautiful, as I was not going to lie to my self, but at the exact same time too, I also was not going to lie on the fact that it looked quite a bit scary to look at never the less as well, as I shivered at even the thought of going up on to that very tall hill I saw ahead of me.
It was starting to make sense at the exact same time too, the more that I thought on it, as to why I had not seen any of the cats in the last few dreams. It was not due to the fact that I had whished them to go away, but it was the fact that the place that I was starting at right now, right directly in front of my eyes, was the place that I needed to go to. The sun was staring down at in right now, from the other direction as to where I was looking right now.
It was perfectly in line, as I knew for a fact at this point, that this was the place that I needed to be at, and that this was the place that I needed to go to. I blinked my eyes just a few times, as I then sighed to my self all of the sudden, as I could tell that it was still a bit of some ways to go, as I was not going to let my eyes fool me, as I knew that there was no way I could even get to the bottom of that hill, by the time that night was to fall on me.
I did not want to risk being out during the night, not again, after what it was that had happened last time, as I turned my back behind me, to see how much time I had left in the first place, before I needed to stop my self, and to look for a place for me to stay the night at the exact same time as well. I breathed in just a little bit, as I then let out a bit of a soft sigh, as I knew that I was running a bit low on time.
At the exact same time too, I also knew that I was hungry, and fairly soon from now, all of the prey was going to go out and hide for the night, such as I was soon to do. I have been so lost in my thoughts a lot of the day, as to what it was that I was trying to do, to even notice the fact that I needed to get some thing to eat, as it was usually the first thing that I often liked to do when it was the morning.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts all at once, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that was wrong with me right now, if I was going to be completely honest with my self, as I knew that I had to keep on going, as I knew that I was wasting a lot of time right now, just thinking to my self. I knew that I was not going to lose the place, but at the same time too, I felt like I still wanted to get to there as soon as I possibly could.
I turned my eyes over to where it was that I could see the bottom of the hill was, not all too far away from me right now, as I knew that I had to hurry, if I wanted to get there, as there was a fairly big field in front of me right now, and if I did not get started right now, than it meant that if I was in that field during the night, than I was easy prey for some thing as strong, and as fast as a pack of coyotes, or wolves.
I nodded to my self, as I felt quite a bit afraid still, as to the fact that I knew that this was the next step in to my new life, and I was not all too sure as to why it was scaring me so much right now. I felt like, I had a lot more to gain than I had to lose at this point, as any thing that I might even have left, was far behind me now, and I was not even sure that when I did lose that, that I would even know that it was the happen any ways.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily, as I then began to walk through the field that was in front of me right now, as I closed my eyes at the exact same time too, remembering just how hungry I was right now, as I could feel my stomach grumbling at this very moment in time, as I knew that I needed to get some food very soon, or else I was going to be even more hungry when I woke up in the morning, and I might not be strong enough to walk, much less strong enough to actually get some food.
I began to sniff the air, as I went in search of some prey. As I sniffed for any near by scents to me, I then began to realize that a lot of the scents that I smelt right now, were rabbits, as it made me feel sick as to the thought of having a rabbit. I had never got to eat one, so I was not all too sure if I would even like the taste of one, but I knew that it was not that, that I was all too worried about.
If I closed my good eye, I could still tell that my other eye was quite a bit blurry to see out of, as it was not all too hard to remember the day that the rabbit had attacked me, and nearly made me lose an eye, as I felt like I was going to die that day, not just the fact that I was worried about losing an eye. I felt like I was about to throw up, at even the thought of trying to go out and catch a rabbit, even if I knew how to catch one, as I had been told.
It just was not worth it, and it was still fresh on my mind as to what had happened last time, as I sighed just a little bit to my self, making sure to not get any where near any rabbits, as I began to sniff the air once again, trying to ignore all of the scents of rabbits, as I began to smell other animals as soon as I ignored those scents, as it felt like it had just simply been in my head, as I smelt closer prey not all too far away from me right now.
It was a prey that I was quite familiar of as well, which made me feel a lot better about the odds that I was going to catch it, and also the fact that it was not going to tear my other eye out. I nodded to my self, as I then opened my eyes all of the sudden, and I looked over in the direction that I had smelt 2 mouses from, not all too far away from me. One of those was a lot closer, but I also knew that it was further behind me, and I was going to lose a lot of a day light time if I was to go after that one.
The other one was a bit on the edge, but I knew that I was not going to lose nearly as much time if I was to go after that one, as I then began to head over to where it was that I had smelt that mouse from, not all too far away from me, as I breathed in quite a bit, trying to ignore all of the rabbits that I saw all over the place right now, and also to make sure that I did not cross paths with any of them at the exact same time too, as I locked my eyes all of the sudden, at the exact same time as well, on the mouse that I saw not all too far away from me at this very moment in time.
A part of me felt a little bit bad for it, as to the fact that it did not know what it was that was coming for it, and also the fact that it was soon to lose its life, as I was fairly good at hunting mice. At the same time too, I did my best to just shake off all of the thoughts all of the sudden as well, as I knew that I could not dwell on it, as I knew that it was just the normal cycle of life, for a mouse to live for a little while, and then soon to be caught and killed by a cat, or some other animal never the less as well.
I also knew that I needed to eat, and I would die if I did not get some thing to eat, as I then let out a bit of a heavy sigh all of the sudden, as I then stopped my self, before I got too close to it, and it noticed me. I then began to get in to a bit of the hunting stance that I had been told to get in to by Night, and a lot better by Frank, as I made sure that the mouse was not going to notice me at all, as I began to draw my self closer and closer to it.
This time, just as I had not done when it came to the rabbit not all too long ago, I made sure that I was paying attention to where it was that I was going, so that I did not trip and fall on some thing, and I did not scare the mouse away. I stopped my self as I got as close as I could to it, before it would notice me, as I licked my lips all of the sudden at the same time as well, as I remembered just how hungry I was.
I could not wait to eat this mouse... I blinked just a few times, as I shook off all of those thoughts all at once, as it almost felt like I was not breathing at all right now. I sighed just a little bit to my self, and I then all of the sudden jumped at the mouse at the exact same time too, with out any sort of hesitation, as it did not even have a chance to move away from me at all. I smiled just a bit to my self all at the exact same time too, as I was happy, and I was pleased with my self.
I really was starting to notice that I was getting better and better with all of this never the less. I looked at the mouse that I had caught for just a few moments, as I was tempted to pick it up and carry it to the place that I was going to stay the night at, but I also realized that it might be a bad decision for me to do some thing such as that as well, as I knew that if I brought any sort of scent of blood with me during the night, than a lot of animals were going to be all over that scent.
I sighed just a bit to my self, as I looked at the sun behind me, as I could see that it was dipping low in to the ground, as it was no longer available for me to see, due to the fact that there were a bunch of trees guarding the sun right now. I sighed just a bit to my self, as I knew that if I was fast, than I would not have to worry about it at all, as I then began to bite in to the mouse at the exact same time as well.
I winced a bit, as it was a little bit stringy at the same time too, as it was a bit hard for me to eat. It was for sure no where near as good as the mice that I got to eat at, when I was in the barn with Owl and Frank. I felt a bit sick as to the thought that I was thinking back on them at the exact same time too, as I knew that at some point I had to get over it, as I knew that I should not drown my self in those thoughts for the rest of my life.
How many times I had been tempted to go back there though how ever, as I sighed at even the thought of all of that. I knew that I could not do so, as I had gone far enough as it was so far. There was no way that I could find my way back at this point, even if I was to try, as I had gone too far now, and it was a waste of time. I was not all too sure as to why I was even thinking on all of those thoughts right now any ways.
As I finished the last bite of my nasty mouse, I then turned my head over to where it was that I could see on the other side of me, as it was the big hill that I had been told to go to in the dreams of the sun trail. What was I even thinking on right now? I felt like a bit of an idiot, for thinking of going back once again, as I knew that I was so close to getting to the place that I had been told to go to in my dreams.
Plus, Frank had told me that I needed to go there, back when he was still alive that night for one thing, and also the fact that even in death, it was clear that he had not changed his mind. I had done all that I could to help his son, as I knew that he was going to be fine, and that there was nothing that I needed to worry about in that kit at this point, as I then nodded to my self, and I then began to head over to the bottom of the hill, where the trees began to grow once again.
I noticed that it was starting to get a little bit dark out at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I needed to hurry too, if I wanted to get there whilst it was still safe, and it was not dark enough for all of the spooky creatures to be out just yet. I nodded to my self all at the exact same time too, as I then began to go faster and faster by each second, as I smiled to my self at the exact same time too, realizing just how fast it was that I was going right now.
Even if my body was aching, and I was in fact quite a bit worn out, I was going faster than I had ever gone before, and faster than I had ever imagined a cat even being able to go never the less, as well, as I kept on going, not stopping a single bit to even think on what it was that was going on, as I had my eyes on the prize right now, which was of course, the line of trees that I saw not all too far away, as I knew that was my safe place to stay for the night.
I knew that, as uncomfortable as it was for me, the best place for me to stay the night at, at this point, was on top of a strong branch of a tree, as I knew that it was going to keep be safe from what ever it was that might go after me in the middle of the night for one thing, but also the other was that it was quick and easy for me to find one of those places at the same time too, as I knew I would waste me time if I hoped to search for a better place.
I knew that at this time of the season as well, it was darker a lot more during the day, so the aching body that I would wake up to, would be helped by the fact that I had got a lot more sleep that I normally did, as I then shook off those thoughts all at the exact same time too, as I then stopped my self right in front of the line of trees that was right in front of me right now, as I was lucky that they were not pine trees, as I knew that it was nearly impossible to find strong branches on those.
These trees were oak trees, luckily enough for me, as I let out a bit of a sigh of relief all of the sudden, as I then began to look all around me, so that I could find a strong tree branch that was not all too far away from me, and also not too high up on the ground, to where I would not be able to reach it, but also not too low, as to where other animals would be able to grab me down from there in the middle of the night.
I continued to look for quite a bit of some time, as I could see that it was getting darker and darker by each passing moment, as I then stopped my self, and I stared at a strong tree branch that looked perfect as to what it was that I had been looking for in the very first place any ways, as I then smiled to my self all of the sudden, as I then began to head over to it, relieved that I had a safe place for me to sleep at for the night.
I began to walk over to the strong branch that was in front of me, as I shivered at the exact same time too, for some odd reason or another, as it felt oh so cold. I was not all too sure as to what it was that I was doing right now, as I shook off all of those thoughts at the exact same time too, as I stared at the branch that was right in front of me for just a few moments. It then all of the sudden seemed to come back to me all at the exact same time too.
I nodded to my self, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self at the exact same time too, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do at this very moment in time. I blinked a few times, as I then stared up at the sky, as if that was going to give me any sort of answers that would help me right now. Well, of course, though I did not think that it would help me, it some how did in fact actually help me, as I saw that it was in fact dark out right now, and that the moon was up in the sky, as it was the only light to see.
I then remembered as to what it was that I had to do, as I then looked at the branch all at once, as I then breathed in a bit heavily at the exact same time too, and I then began to run all of the sudden, as at the last second, I jumped up in to the air, as this branch was a lot easier to land on than the other ones had been for me, even with the fact that my body was sore, and that my body had been aching quite a bit today.
Once I made a soft landing, with out having to worry about falling at all, I then felt a lot more safe, as I looked all around me at the exact same time as well, as I then saw that it was empty, and that nothing was out to get me right now, such as I had thought there might be not all too long ago. Of course, I had just got on to the branch at the perfect time how ever, as I knew that those evil creatures would soon be coming after me.
Luckily enough for me how ever, I was on top of this branch, and I was safe enough for the night, as I smiled just a little bit at the exact same time too, and I then began to close my eyes as well, as I felt a lot more safe all of the sudden, now that I knew that I was on a tall branch, and no creatures could hunt me during the night. I nodded to my self, as after I realized that, it really did not take me all that long to get some rest.