Chapter 21: Back Home

I looked at the poor young kit, as I could tell that he was scared. It was clear that he did not know as to what it was that he should do. I was still quite a bit surprised that he had not ran off as soon as I had told him that our father had been killed my coyotes, as I knew that it might be hard for him to believe, as I was simply a complete stranger to him.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I knew that at the same time too, I still had not told the kit that we had the same father, as I had made sure to hold on to the promise that I would not tell Owl that we were in fact brothers, as I knew that he was right with what he had said on the fact that it would make me not want to leave the barn, and I would want to live my life with him.
Though he had in fact said that before he had been killed by the pack of the coyotes, I still felt like he would hold true with that, as it was clear that he wanted me to follow my destiny, what ever that might be, as I still was not all too sure as to what it could be in the first place just yet, as I was still afraid that none of this was true, and I could be going down a useless path that did not help me at all.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I was fairly certain that it was not true. It still was hard for me to believe that you could talk to dead cats, but after hearing it from a lot of other cats, I was fairly certain at this point, that it was in fact true, as there was no other way that the cat could have taken me to the place to go and meet my brother and my father.
I had to believe in all of it, as I felt like I would be an idiot if I did not, though I used to think that you were an idiot if you did in fact believe in stuff such as that. I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh all at the exact same time as well, as I then got my focus back on to what was going on right now, which was of course the fact that we were roaming through the woods together.
The reason that we were roaming through the woods right now, was the fact that we were going back to Nights, the place that I had been at a little while ago, where she had taught me the basics of how it was that I was supposed to hunt. I was very grateful for her at the exact same time too, but that was not the reason as to why I had come back here.
It was a completely different reason as to why in fact, as I had remembered that she had told me that she usually gave kitty pets a new home, and a new place to stay. That was the reason I was here... I felt kind of bad for it, as I knew that Owl had a nice life at the barn, but at the same time too, I knew that he was far too young of a kit to try to learn how to hunt.
Even if he could learn how to hunt, I was not all too sure if I would be the best cat to try to teach him how to hunt. I let out a bit of a loud sigh at the exact same time too how ever, as I did my best to try not to get my thoughts all too much focused on all of that, as I knew that if I felt bad about it, and I stayed back at the barn with him, than I would never go down my path.
I also knew that I could not take him with me down the path at the exact same time too, as for one thing, it was far too dangerous to go on for a young kit, but at the same time too, it was too much of a journey for him. He did not seem to complain about the fact that I had told him that I could not stay at the barn either, as I had told him that there was some where I needed to go thankfully enough.
Of course he had asked me about it, but it did not seem like he wanted to join me on it, even if he had been interested in what it was about. I was glad for it as well, as I did not want to have to break the news to him that he would die if he went out there, and that I was not going to take him with me. I was fairly certain that he already knew that how ever, as he was a very smart cat after all.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh all at once, as I did my best to get my focus off of all of that at the exact same time as well, as I then began get my focus back on what it was that I had even been doing in the first place, which was of course, the fact that I was taking Owl over to Nights place, to give him a new home as a kitty pet, which I knew that he was not all too excited about at all, but sadly he did not have much of a choice.
I let out quite a bit of a sigh all at once, as I shook off all of those thoughts all at once, and I got my eyes on what it was that was ahead of us. I had noticed through out the day, that I had seen places that I remembered seeing on the way to the barn, so I was fairly certain that we were on the right path at that point, but that was besides the point right now, as I saw that there was some thing else in front of me that was much more important.
I stopped my self as soon as I saw it, as for some reason at the exact same time as well, I could not help but to gulp, though there was nothing scary at all as to what it was that I saw in front of me, as it was simply just a two legs nest. An abandoned one at that, so there would be nothing living there that might try to come after the both of us, and perhaps try to snatch either one of us.
I let out quite a bit of a sigh all at once, as I shook off all of those thoughts, as I stared at the two leg nest for quite a bit of some time. I saw that Owl had stopped him self at the exact same time as well, as I saw from the corner of my eye, that he had his head tilted at me, as it was a bit clear that he was lost with what it was that was going on in the very first place all at once none the less.
That was beside the point how ever, as I did not get my focus on that at all, as I just stared at the two leg nest for quite a bit of some time, as I waited for Night to come out for some odd reason or another, which I knew would not be the case at all, as it was clear that she would not even know that I was here in the first place. I let out a bit of a soft sigh, as I shook my head to shake off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I was about to get ready to walk over to Nights place.
That was of course, until I suddenly heard Owl begin to start to speak up to me, which I was a little bit surprised about that, but I turned my head over to the young kit, to see what was going on with him, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at me for some odd reason or another, as if I was doing some thing that was oddly suspicious to him, which I was not of course, so that was why I was so lost.
I tilted my head back over to the young kit, as I then nodded to him at the exact same time as well, to let him know that I was listening to him, as I waited to get a nod back from him at the exact same time too. He did not nod back to me at all how ever, which made me a bit upset at the same time too, but I shook off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I got my focus on the fact that he was in fact speaking up to me, as I listened as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place.
"This is the two leg place that you said you were going to take me to? This is nasty! I don't want to live here!" He said to me, as I felt like I could not help but laugh at the exact same time as well, though I did not how ever, as it came back to me all at once, as to the reason as to why we were even at this place in the first place any ways, as it made me feel sick to think back on that night that I had to watch with my own eyes.
I felt like I was about to puke, as I did my best to shake off all of those thoughts all at once. I kept my focus back on the kit, as I thought on what it was that he had said to me in the first place all at once. I felt like I really could not help but to at least grin at the kit, as it was kind of funny to me as to what it was that he had even said to me in the first place as well.
I was sure that it was not funny at all to him, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at me, as it was clear that he was not happy with this place at all. I rolled my eyes at him all at once how ever, as I knew that luckily enough for him, this was not the place that he was going to have to stay at, at all. This was simply the place that was going to take him all at he way to the new home that he was soon going to have.
I felt a bit bad for the kit, as I was fairly certain that he was not going to be happy with the new life that he had, as for most cats, they were locked in to their home, with no way in or out. The life that he had lived up to this point, he had a bit of a freedom to go where ever it was that he wanted to. That was no longer going to be the same for him any more if I had to guess.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh all at once, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts at the exact same time too, as I did my best to keep my focus on what it was that I was doing now, as I knew that I did not have much of a choice but to make the decision for the young kit, that he had to go and become a kitty pet, as I knew that he could not live on his own in the barn just yet.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once, as I kept my eyes on the two leg place that was in front of me for quite a bit of some time, as I kept my eyes squinted on it. I really did not want to go in there, as I still felt a bit bad for leaving Night. I really did not have much of a choice how ever, as there was nothing else that I could do for the kit, so I would just have to get over my self.
I looked at the young kit for just a bit more time, as I squinted my eyes right back at the young kit, letting him know that I was not going to budge at all. I could tell that he was quite a bit upset with me, for taking him to this place, but I did not care at all, as he would get over him self, I was sure, as soon as he found out that this was not going to be the place he had to live.
I stared at him for a little bit of some time, as I then finally shook my head at him, to let him know that this was not the place that he was going to live at. I heard a bit of a sigh of relief from him, as it was clear that he was glad that he did not have to live in a nasty place such as the one that I was staring at in front of my eyes right now, which I did not blame him for either.
The more that I stared at the place, the more I was a bit lost as to how I had managed to stay there for a day, as I could smell the nasty smell from a long distance away, as it felt like it was about to make me vomit once again. I shook it off how ever, as I was sure that I would be fine, and besides, I really did not have to stay all that long, as I was simply just coming here to drop off Owl any ways, as much as I knew Night would want me to stay.
I was not going to do such a thing how ever, as I felt like I just wanted to get in to the place as fast as I could, so that I could get back to the barn before dark, and stay the night there. I let out quite a bit of a sigh my self this time, as I then shook off all of those thoughts from my head all at once all of the sudden, as I then got my focus back on what it was that was going on at this very moment in time any ways.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I saw the ugly abandoned two leg nest that was in front of me, as well as the fact that I saw that Owl was beside me. It all came back to me all of the sudden, as to just what it was that I was doing in the first place, as I remembered as to why I was here, and I remembered that I was taking Owl here for a reason, which I felt sick to even think back on to what that reason was.
I turned my head back over to Owl, as I then nodded to the young kit at the exact same time too, to let him know that I was about to speak to him. Owl stared at me with his eyes squinted for quite a bit of some time, but in the end, he eventually nodded back over to me, to let me know that he was listening as to what it was that I had to say to him, as I then did in fact begin to speak to him.
"No... This is not the place that you are going to live at... It is simply just the place that will take you to your new home..." I said to his, as I then all of the sudden saw the cat tilt his head over to me, as it was clear that he was a little bit confused on what it was that I had just said to him in the first place. I did not blame him for being lost either, as I had not done all that good of a job of explaining it to him at all, if I was not going to lie to my self. I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self how ever, as I shook off all of those thoughts all at once at the exact same time too. I really was not all too sure as to how else I was supposed to explain it to him, so I kind of just gave up on that, as I was sure that the smart young kit would under stand all of it, as soon as I was to take him in there, and show him the cat that would give him his new home. I shook off all of those thoughts all at once, as I then continued to speak up to the young kit once again. "Come on... You will under stand once you go in to there with me..."
I said to him, giving him a little bit of a sad smile at the exact same time too, as it kind of hurt me to the fact that I was about to be letting go of my little brother, probably to never see him ever again if I had to take my best guess at the exact same time too, as I really doubted that Owl would for some reason leave his own two leg nest, and go down the sun trail such as I did.
Who knows... For all that I knew, he might enjoy being a kitty pet, and he might have great owners, that rubbed him a lot, and gave him lots of treats. I shook my head how ever at the exact same time too, as I knew that it was beside the point once again, and that I needed to get my focus on what it was that was going on right now, at this very moment in time.
I blinked a few times, as I then all of the sudden saw Owl nod back over to me, to let me know that he had heard as to what it was that I had said to him, and that he was going to follow me thankfully enough none the less. I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self all of the sudden, as I got my focus on the two leg nest that was in front of me, as I did my best to ignore the stench that was coming from it.
I could tell that it was bother Owl quite a bit as well, though he did not say all too much about it at all thankfully, as I did not want to get in to a bit of discussion with him about it if I was not going to lie. Honestly, as bad as it was to sound, I really just wanted to drop the kit off at this point, and get away from Night as fast as possible, so that I could go down the sun trail, which was the place that I kept being told to go down in all of my dreams.
I nodded a bit to my self all at once, as I continued on the path that I was taking Owl on, as we walked past the broken down fence, that led right over to the broken down two leg place that was right in front of us at this very moment in time. I let out a bit of a soft sigh once again, as I still kind of felt bad about all of this, as I dipped my head to the ground all at once, as I stopped my self right in to the entrance, or exit in my face a few days ago, to the two leg nest that Night lived in.
I wondered if Night would even be in there, but I figured that I should not be all too worried about it, if I had to wait a little while, as I was sure that I could catch a few nice for me and Owl to eat for the night. The only problem of course with that, meant that I might have to stay here for another night, due to the fact that I might not be able to get back to the barn on time.
I shook off those thoughts all at once how ever, as I then stared down the corridor that led to the front of the building. I stared at it for just a few seconds, as I could see that Owl was staring right back at me from the corner of his eye, as it was clear that he did not have a clue as to what it was that was going on with me at this very moment in time.
To be fair as well, I too was not all too sure as to what it was that was in fact going on with me, as I was a bit lost in my head, on thoughts that I were not all too sure as to what those thoughts could even be at all. I gulped a bit to my self, as I shook off all of those thoughts, and I then took the first steps in to the old nasty two leg den for the both of us, as I saw from the corner of my eye, that Owl was right behind my thankfully.
I began to head in a little bit further and further, until we got over to the front side, which was the same side that I had met Night at the evening that Ben had taken me to her place. I knew that if we were going to find her, than she would be some where around this area, and it would not take her all too long to catch up on our scent at the exact same time as well.
I stopped my self in the middle of the room, as I looked all around me at the exact same time too, hearing a bunch of mice flying all around us. It was clear that Owl heard them all as well, though he was just ignoring them, as I could tell that he really did not want to be here at all, which of course, I really did not blame him for, as the place was a lot more nasty than I had remembered it being, though it all looked exactly the same to me.
I let out a bit of a heavy sigh this time, as I was starting to get a bit worried that the nasty scent that I smelled might be the scent of a dead Night, and that was the reason as to why she had not walked in to the room with us just yet, as we had been sitting here for quite a bit of some time, which I could tell that Owl was starting to get quite a bit annoyed as to that fact none the less, which I did not blame him for.
I stared at the spot on the wall that I had slept on that last night, for just a few moments, as I could not help but to crack a little bit of a smile at the exact same time as well none the less, as I knew that was the first step in to the new life that I was about to have, and I was still a bit excited for it, if I was not going to lie, even if I had in fact lost a lot already.
To be fair, if I wanted to view it this way, I really had only lost Ben, as I would have never met Owl and Frank if I had not gone out in to the wild. I could not help but to crack a bit of a sad smile as I thought back on the both of them at the exact same time as well. Frank was gone, for good, and I knew that Owl was soon to be gone from my life, as soon as I was to give him a new home. I felt a bit of regret, and sadness for it, but at the same time too, I felt like I did not have a choice but to keep on going after the sun trail.
I was about to try my best to clear all of those thoughts when suddenly I heard a bit of some much louder noise from not all too far away, that was a lot bigger than a mouse, I knew for a fact, as it cleared out all of those thoughts. I was a bit freaked out by it at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden stepped in front of Owl, so that I was his first line of defense, if it was some thing trying to attack us.
I stared over at where I had heard the noise from, as I waited for it to draw closer to us. It did in fact do such a thing, as I stared at it, ready to attack it back, but I did not do such a thing how ever, as I realized that the thing that I had heard, was simply just Night. I let out a bit of a sigh of relief at the exact same time too, as I then nodded to the old cat at the exact same time too, grateful that it had just been her, though she had in fact nearly scared me to death.
Night blinked at me a few times, but as soon as she realized just who it was that was here with her, a big smile then came up on her face, as she looked almost like she was about to jump to the sky. I rolled my eyes, as I knew that I had not come here for her at all, as much as she might want to think that I had done so, as I had a much different reason as to why I was at this place.
I saw her nod a bit to me, as it was clear that she was trying to let me know that she was about to speak to me. I squinted my eyes at her, to let her know that I had come back to her, not to confess my love for her at all. After a little bit longer how ever, once I had felt like I had proved my point to her, I then did in fact nod right back over to her all at the same time too.
I saw that Night felt a bit bad, and a little bit upset at the fact that she knew as to what it was that I was getting at, but it was clear that she was not going to let that bother her at all how ever, as she let out quite a loud sigh all of the sudden, and after a little while longer, she did in fact begin to speak up to me, as I then began to listen as to what it was that she had to say to me in the first place at the exact same time as well.
"You back so soon Kettle?! Did you not like the wild? You don't even look like you were in the wild!" She said to me, as I saw her begin to look down my fur, as my fur was clean, as I had just licked my fur down this morning, whilst I had been waiting for Owl to get up, so that I could take him to the place that we were at right now. I suppose she did have a bit of a fair point, as I was sure at some point in the near future, I would start to give up in cleaning my fur every morning, as it was going to be very hard to clean out all of the gunk every single day. I let out a bit of a soft sigh, as I shook off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I then began to hear Night begin to speak up to me once again. I blinked a few times, as I then got my focus back on her, as I listened to what it was that she had to say in the first place. "You want to become a kitty pet again? Ben was asking about you... You are always welcome here if you want to by the way..."
It was a lot for me to take in all at once if I was not going to lie to my self, as I still could not get over the fact that she liked to ask so many questions like that every time she talked to me. It honestly was quite a bit annoying if I was not going to lie to my self. I felt kind of bad for thinking that way, but I really did not like to have to answer questions, much less that many questions all at the exact same time as well none the less.
I let out a bit of a groan all of the sudden, as I then shook off all of those thoughts. I suppose that I did in fact have to answer them, as I really was not all too sure as to why it was that I was here in the first place, if I was not going to lie to my self. I blinked just a few times, as my mind seemed to be drawing a bit of a blank all of the sudden at the same time as well.
I was not all too sure as to what was going on with me, as I knew that I had a bit of a blank look on my face, but at the same time too, there was a very good reason as to why I did in fact have such a blank look on my face, as I really did not have much of a clue as to what it was that was going on with me at this very moment in time, as I sighed just a bit to my self, and I dipped my head a bit low to the ground.
I really was not all too sure as to what was going on with me, and I just wanted to leave this place, and go back to the barn if I was not going to lie to my self. Of course, as soon as I said some thing about the barn, that is when it all of the sudden came back to me, as to the reason that I was back in Nights two leg nest in the first place, as I then lifted my head up, as I felt a bit of some new form of life come back over to me.
I could tell that Night as a little bit lost, as it was clear that she really did not have as to much of a clue as to what was going on at this very moment in time, which I really did not blame her for at all. I let out quite a bit of a sigh all of the sudden, which I knew that she could hear, as she tilted her head over to me all of the sudden, still quite a bit lost as to what it was that was going on right now.
I blinked my eyes just a few times, but in the end I did in fact nod over to Night, to let her know that I was about to speak to her. Night blinked her eyes back at me just a few times, but in the end she did in fact nod right back over to me, to let me know that she was going to listen as to what it was that I was about to say to her. Once I knew that at the exact same time too, I then felt it safe to talk, which I did in fact do as such a thing.
"Well... I came here for some thing different... I have a kit with me, that needs a new home..." I said to Night, as I saw that she was a little bit lost on what it was that I was talking about as first, as I suddenly remembered that I was in front of the poor kit that was behind me as well, as I some times forgot how small the kit was, as I had to assume that the kit was maybe 1 or 2 moons old at the maximum, as he was just a very smart kit, so it really did not seem like he was.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once, as I moved out of the way to show Night that I had a kit with me. I could tell that she was a little bit shocked, and a little surprised at the fact that I had such a young kit with me, as it was clear that she was a bit interested in where the kit had come from in the first place, which I really did not feel like answering if I was not going to lie to my self, as I felt like I simply had just brought the kit here to drop him off, as bad as it might sound.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh all at once, as I saw that Night was going right over to the young kit, and I could tell that the kit was a bit freaked out by it none the less, as I saw him jump back a bit, nearly in to the wall. I really did not blame the poor kit none the less, as I did in fact remember that me and his father were the only 2 cats that he had ever met in his life, so I am sure it freaked him out a bit to see an old she cat walking up to him and sniffing him like some kind of prey.
I was not going to lie my self, I did find it kind of a bit weird, and a bit strange that she was sniffing the kit at the exact same time too, as it kind of freaked me out a bit, as I was tempted to become a bit defensive over my brother, even if I knew that the old she cat did not mean any sort of harm on Owl at all, I still could not help but to be a little bit protective for him.
Night did not seem to notice that at all, as she sniffed him just a few times, and then she moved back a little bit, with a bit of a stench look on her nose, as if she felt like he was the one that smelt a little bit nasty for some odd reason or another, rather than her. I was a little bit lost by it if I was not going to lie, as I tilted my head just a little bit at her, not too sure as to what it was that she was even doing in the first place.
Night stared at Owl for a bit more time, as I could tell that it was still freaking him out a bit, just a little, as I saw him go a little bit closer to me, as he felt a lot safer behind me at the exact same time too. I was still a bit surprised at the fact that Frank had never told his son the stories of Night, and how he had got to the barn in the first place, such as he had done for me.
Perhaps he thought that a kit would not want to hear those types of stories, which I did not blame him for, as he did in fact have quite a bit of a fair point at the exact same time too, as I rolled my eyes just a little bit, for some odd reason, which thankfully neither of them had been paying all too much attention to seen to have noticed at all luckily enough for me.
I blinked a few times, as I then got my focus back on to the present at the exact same time as well, as I saw that Night was starting right at me still, for some odd reason or another, which I still could not under stand as to what it was that was going on with her at this very moment in time. I kept my head tilted a little bit at her, as I was not going to lie, she certainly was acting a bit weird.
Night looked at me for just a little bit longer, but in the end she did in fact nod to me, as I then nodded back to her with out any sort of hesitation this time at all, to let her know that I was paying attention to what it was that she had to say to me in the first place. Night let out a bit of a heavy sigh once again, and she then did in fact begin to speak to me, and I listened as to what it was that she had to say to me in the first place as well.
"Well... Did you already get a kit so soon?" She said to me at first, which I was a little bit lost as to what it was that she had meant by that. I kept my head tilted, as she had some sort of weird smile on her face, which I was not all too sure as to why she did in fact have that smile if I was not going to lie. I was still lost as to what it was that was going on with her, as I then saw the smile on her face go away, as she then shook her head at me. After a few more moments she continued to speak to me, as I listened as to what it was that she had to say once again. "I'm just joking..." She said to me once again. I was a bit relieved by it, as I was not too sure how she actually might have believed that to be the case, as I had not even been out side in the wild for a moon just yet. I rolled my eyes at the old she cat, as I kind of forgot that she used to crack a lot of jokes such as that. I blinked a few times once again, as I then noticed that she had continued to speak once more, but this time it was not over to me at all, as she had her eyes on Owl this time, as I listened as to what it was that she had to say to him. "You are trying to get a two leg home, huh?"
She stared at Owl, as it was clear that she was waiting to get some kind of response from him, but Owl had a bit of a blank look his face, which I could see through quite a bit if I was not going to lie to my self. I could see quite a bit of fear in his eyes, as I could tell that the young kit was not all too sure as to what it was that he wanted at all, as I saw him all of the sudden dip his head a bit low to the ground.
I saw Night turn her head over to me, as she squinted her eyes at me at the exact same time too, as I could almost hear her say to me through my head, 'the young'in isn't much of a talker now is he?' which was not the case at all, as it felt like a lot of the time, it was hard to get the young kit to shut up. I was not all too sure as to what was going on with him right now if I was going to be honest with my self.
I turned my head fully to Owl, as I tilted my head at him at the exact same time as well, as I was not too sure as to what it was that he was doing. Surely he knew that he was about to blow this chance to have some sort of life right? I knew that he knew that he could not come with me on the sun trail, so I was not all too sure as to what it was that the young cat was thinking at all right now.
I squinted my eyes at the young kit, as I really did not want to put too much stress on him, but I was kind of annoyed by it if I was not going to lie, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I was supposed to do with him. I gulped, as this was really the only plan that I had. I let out quite a bit of a sigh, as I then all of the sudden saw Owl lift his head up finally.
This time I sighed, and it was a bit of a sigh of relief, as I nodded a bit to my self at the exact same time as well, as I kept my eyes on the young kit, making sure that he knew that I was listening as to what it was that he had to say to the both of us in the first place, which of course, I was in fact beginning to listen as to what it was that he had to say back to Night.
"I... I want to go back home..."