06│ golden light

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

GOLDEN LIGHT

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

"𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱,"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚

𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐓.

When the sun turns orange and paints the world with an outstanding golden yellow shade. This is the sunset.

Raina sat on the horse with General Kirigan's arms wrapped around her as they galloped along the path shrouded in a glow of light.

Slightly behind them was a panting Alina, "Can we stop? Please."

"Why?" Kirigan asked without turning back as he stared down at Raina who was leaning against his chest, exhausted.

"My tailbone is killing me," Alina groans.

Kirigan slightly huffs, disappointed as Raina moves her head away from him to look at Alina with a smile across her face. "Sure".

As they stop along a riverbank, Kirigan gets off his horse before offering Raina a hand which she gladly accepts.

The two horses stray across the field nearby as Alina watches Raina giggling at something the General said as they talked to each other in close proximity.

Alina clears her throat which catches Raina and Kirigan's attention. "For your face", Krigan offers a handkerchief to Alina. As Alina wipes the blood off her face she questions, "What happened back there?"

"Drüskelle," Raina answered as she reached forward, grabbing the handkerchief from Alina. Raina gently grabs Alina's chin turning her head to the side as she cleans the blood remaining on Aina's cheek. "Elite members of the Fjerdan military, trained to infiltrate deep behind our lines and kill or kidnap Grisha."