12 │bastard of the barrel

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

BASTARD OF THE BARREL

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘒𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘥𝘢𝘮 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚

"𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐚" Kaz muttered as a relieved expression crossed his face.

Raina couldn't help but smile brightly at the sight of him although it quickly disappeared as she took in his current attire.

Frowning Raina scoffed, "May I ask why you're wearing the Second Army uniform?"

Wincing, Kaz glanced at his uniform before looking back at a confused Raina, "It isn't what it-" Pausing, Kaz sucked in a breath as he placed pressure on his right leg.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Raina quickly helped him lean back against the wall, patiently watching as he ran a hand through his hair, messing it up.

"It still hurts after all these years?" Raina sympathetically questioned, breaking Kaz's overflowing thoughts as she readjusted his arm around her shoulder.

Letting out a slight chuckle which sounded more of a scoff, Kaz took his arm away from her instead choosing to hold on to the wall, "How would you know?"

"What's that supposed to-"

"You left," Kaz interrupted, glaring at her. "You left me all alone back in Ketterdam when I needed you the most."

Raina thickly swallowed as guilt and regret spread all over her, "I had to Kaz. I had to leave that place and that woman,"

His features softening slightly at the crack in her voice, "Why didn't you come to me," Raina stared at the floor as he continued, "I could have done something-"

Meekly glancing back up, "I didn't want to trouble you. You had enough to deal with already," she said, maintaining eye contact with Kaz.

They quickly broke it as they heard footsteps, progressively becoming louder.