11

Small Trigger Warning: Razor blade

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

Sam and I wake up to his phone alarm going off. I roll over and cover my ears with my pillow.

"Sam! Turn it off!" I say well trying to go back to sleep.

Sam turns off the alarm, getting out of bed. "Sorry Colby, but it's time to get ready for school" Sam says, ripping the pillow off my ears. "No Colby, now get out of bed".

I sit up and look Sam in the eyes. "I'm up! You happy now?" "Not yet. Your not technically out of bed". "I hate you Sam..." I say as I stand up, grabbing some clothes out of my suitcase. "But you love me" Sam says.

He's not wrong, I do love him, I love him a lot... I head into Sam's bathroom, changing into some black jeans and a band shirt. I normally take a shower, but I just didn't feel like it today.

"Colby!" Sam says knocking on the door. "Yeah Sam!" "There should be an extra toothbrush in the bottom drawer, you can use my toothpaste as well!" "Alright!"

I open the bottom drawer,  finding a four pack of toothbrushes. I quickly brush my teeth, then put a little bit of water in my to fix it. I walk out of the bathroom and head to Sam's room, putting my computer in my bag, then headed down stairs.

"Hey Colby!" Sam's younger bother Ben says, as I walk into the kitchen. "Hi!" I say a little shy. I've only really talked to Sam and his parents. "Where's Sam?" Allison asks. "I thought he was down here..." "I'm here!" Sam says running down the stairs. "Don't fall Sammy!" His sister says.

Sam walks into the kitchen and looks at his sister. "Don't call me Sammy!" "Why? I like that nickname..." I accidentally blurt out. "Because I hate it!" He says. "But you let mom call you that" Ben says. "Because she always calls me that, ever since I was born..." "Well I think I'm going to call you Sammy for now on" I say with a smile. "If you do that then..... then I'm going to call you... Colbs!"

I blush at the nickname Sam call me. I swear if he calls me that one more time, I don't know I could look at him without kissing him...

"Alright, I won't call you that..." "That's what I thought!" Sam says. "Alright off to school kidos!" Sam's mom says walking into the kitchen. "Who's driving?" Ben asks.

Everyone looks at each other, clearly no one wanted to drive. I would be I don't know how...

"If you can't figure it out, your going to ride the bus!" Sam's mom says. "Bus it is..." Ben says.

I haven't been on a bus in years... I always just walked. This is going to be a weird experience... Sam, Ben, Allison, and I walked outside and waited. A few minutes go by and a bus shows up. Sam and I sat together, Allison and Ben sat with their friends, I looked out the window trying to calm my anxiety, but it wasn't working...

(Time Skip) 

We got off the bus and headed to the cafeteria. It was 7:15am, and we technically weren't aloud to go to class till 7:25. Stupid, I know.

Sam and I found a seat by are self's, my anxiety was getting worse at this point. After the advents with my parents the other day, I didn't want to be here, afraid that it would happen again. I think Sam noticed because he grabbed my hand and said "Colby, are you okay?"

I didn't know what to say. "Y-yeah, why you a-asking?" "Well one, your shaking. And two, your stuttering".

I looked at Sam, and told him I was scared of my parents coming to the school.

"There's nothing to be scared of Colby. Your parents where at the police station last night, and there going to be there for a while".

I smile at him just as the bell rings. We stand up and hug each other, then head to are first class of the day, Chemistry. I love that class, but I really wasn't in the mood to learn about chemicals today. Thank goodness Sam was in that class with me.

(Time Skip 25 minutes)

"Colby!" Sam says hitting my shoulder. I shake my head and look at him "Yeah?" "Miss Peterson's been asking you a question". "Oh sorry! Could you repeat the question please?" "Of course" she says "What is the difference between a chemical process and a physical process?" "The physical process usually stays the same, well chemical changes into something new" I say.

Miss Peterson smiles at me, as she writes my answer down on the smart board for people to copy.

"Thank you Colby. Now, can someone answer the next question?" Miss Peterson says.

I slowly start zoning out again, ten minutes later the bell rings. I put my notes away, then stand up. As I was walking out of the class, one of the football players looked at me and yelled "Nerd!" I just walked away from him, not giving him the attention he wanted.

After a minute, I had made my way to my History class. I sat down opening my bag, taking my history book out. When I did, a small razor blade fell into my hand. I quickly threw it into my pocket, then asked my teacher if I could use the bathroom.

A/n: Alright quick question. Should I make the parts longer, or keep them the same as they've been?

~945 words~ 💖