3

"So where you live?" As soon as I asked that I saw Colby jump. "You okay?" "Yeah, w-why you asking?" I pulled the car over and looked at Colby, "I've never seen someone jump like that when I ask them where they live". "It's just... actually can we go to your house and just hang out? I just don't want to go home." "Of course."

The rest of the ride Colby was shaking his leg and biting his nails, I want to help him but I also don't want to make him uncomfortable if he tells me what's going on.

(At Sam's house)
"Mom I'm home! I brought a friend as well!" I yelled as we walked though the door. I guess I yelled to loud or something because Colby jumped. "Sorry dude." "It's alright." We both laughed and walked into the kitchen, my mom was baking cookies with my sister. "Mom this is Colby." "Hello Colby! would you boys like a cookie?" "We made chocolate chip and peanut butter" my sister adds on. "Can we have a plate with a few of each please" I say. "Of course, and Colby if you need anything just let us know." "Thank you and will do" Colby says as his anxiety starts to calm down.

We walked upstairs to my room and sat down on my bed. "Want to play Call of Duty?" I asked as I grabbed the remotes and a cookie. "I've never played..." "Well today's your lucky day!" I handed Colby a controller and put the game in.

********************************************

"45 - 23 looks like you beat me again Colby, how are you so good?" I say with a laugh. "First time luck I guess."

We played a few more games before I decided to ask Colby why he didn't want to go home. "Colby?" "Yeah?" "Why didn't you want to go home?" As soon as I asked Colby's face looked whiter then a ghost. "It's just... um... you said I can tell you anything right?" "You can tell me anything, I wouldn't make fun of you for it at all." "O-Okay..."

Colby took his sweater off slowly, as he was taking it off I could see a bunch of bandages all over his body as well as bruises. "Colby?" There was a moment of silence, a few seconds later Colby sat on Sam's bed and broke down.

"I can't take it anymore Sam! I want to live a normal life." "Can't take what anymore?" "You know, we've talked about it for almost a year."

~Flashback to Wednesday night~

*Phone rings*

"Hello, this is the suicide prevention hotline. How can I help you today?"

"Um hi it's me again, I just really need someone to talk to."

"Alright, so how was your day?"

"It was better then yesterday"

"That's great! What made it better?"

"I got home late today, so I didn't have to deal with my parents yelling at me.... I know it's going to be bad when they get back from work though. I'm just happy I had a three hour break."

"I'm happy that you did as well, just remember that no matter what your parents say or do you can always call."

"I will! Thank you so much. I better go get some chores done so I don't get in to much trouble."

"Your very welcome! Hope you have a great day."

~End of flashback~

"Wait, that was you?" "Yeah, your the only one who ever believed in me and was nice to me." I hugged Colby making sure I didn't hurt him to bad "I'm so sorry, I wish I would have known sooner." "It's alright, there's nothing anyone can do about it anyways" Colby says as he goes to put his shirt and hoodie back on. "No don't put them back on, and there is a way to end this." "How!? And why?" "Your staying here tonight, and I'm going to get you something for your back and arms." "I can't do that!" "Yes you can, and you will." "Thanks Sam." Your welcome Colby."

~682 words~ 💖