16

Over the next few days, Sam and I started decorating our room. Wow... Sam and I's room... I could get used to that.

The thing is, that over the past few months my crush on Sam has gotten bigger. There's no way I'm going to be with him though... he's straighter then a piece of wood.

"Well Mr emo Brock," Sam says smiling. "Our room is finally finished!" "Mr emo Brock?" I asks laughing. "Yeah! You only bought dark emo things for your side of the room". I laugh at Sam as I look around the room. "Well, I'm just a dark depressed person". "Says the person with a giant Pokémon stuffed animal, in the corner of their bed..." Sam says pointing at Pikachu.

We laugh as we head out for the day. We went to the mail for... Spring school shopping? If you can't tell, I just really need new clothes.

~Time skip a few days later~

"Hey guys!" Jake says walking up to the lunch table. "Hey!" I say. "Hi Jake," Sam says. "Why do you seem so happy today?" "Well..." he says blushing. "Wait! Do you have a crush?!" I ask. "Kinda... You see, the schools doing this big dance in a few weeks. There's this girl that I've been talking to in my grade, and I really like her".

We tease Jake for a few seconds, before he starts Shhhing us.

"Guys shhh! She's right behind you!"

Sam and I turn around. We see a short girl with braided black hair and dark brown eyes, talking to a few of the cheerleaders.

"Go for it Jake, I think you two would be a cute couple!" I say turning around. "You think?" "Colby's right Jake." Sam says. "If you don't ask her, you might regret it". "Alright, I'll do it. Just not when she's with the cheerleaders.."

We laugh at Jake, as we start eating.

"So..." Jake says. "Do you two have anyone your thinking about?"

I look at Sam and blush. I really want to take Sam to the dance, but there's no way in hell that would happen...

"Well, there's this girl in my gym class I talk to." Sam says. "But she's just not my type". "That sucks. What about you Colby?" "I-"

I didn't know what to say. Yes my dad told Sam I was gay, but I don't even know if he heard him, nor did I want to know.

"Nope... I just can't find anyone I'm interested in". "How! Your one of the most attractive guys in this school, surly you'll find a girl". Jake says.

I started to feel really uncomfortable. I love girls, but not in that way. I just want to kiss Sam and have him all to myself...

"I guess..." I say looking down at my food. "Colby?.." Sam says. "Yeah?" "You okay? Your not your normal happy self.." "Yeah, just not in a good mood at the moment". "It's alright man," Jake says. "We've all been there..."

I smile at them as I finish eating. A few minutes go by when the bell rings.

"Bye Jake!" Sam and I say waving goodbye. Jake waves back as we make are way to class.

Over the rest of the day, it was hard to not think about Sam... No matter how hard I tried not to, I just couldn't.

Once the school day ended, Sam and I head to his car. Ben and Alison stayed after school making this car ride extra awkward...

"So Colby, what should we do today?" "Umm... I'm not to sure". "Hey Colby.." "Yeah?" "I know this is a weird question, but do you want to go to the dance with me? Not in a weird way, but as friends. I just know how hard stuff has been, you deserve to go to a dance".

My heart shattered into millions of prices. Sam wants to go to the dance with me, but as friends... today is gonna be one day day.

"S-sure, why not!" COLBY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!?? "Alright! How about we go shopping for something to wear to the dance? We could invite Jake as well". "Sounds fun! I'll text Jake and tell him".

Oh have I messed up. I've messed up so bad... I grab my phone, quickly texted Jake before his bus leaves.

Colby: Jake, Sam and I are in the parking lot. If you want to come with us well wait.

Jake: Where y'all going?

Colby: Umm... Suit shopping...

Jake: Say no more, I'm on my way!

"He's coming". "Alright!"

A few seconds go by, when Jake opens the door, climbing into the back seat.

"So, who are you guys talking to the dance!?" Jake asks excited. 

Sam I and look at each other. Sam looks at Jake, and tells him we are going as friends. He tells us that if he doesn't end up going with Tara, he will join us. Honestly, that made me feel so much better about the situation.

"Alright, lets get going!" Sam says hitting the road.

~848 words~ 💖