18

Today was the day, the day of the dance, the day I've been dreading the most. Jake's been texting Sam and I literally all day.

Jake: Guys you won't believe this!!

Sam: What?

Jake: Tara said she would go to the dance with me!!

Colby: Congratulations bruva!!

Sam: That's our boy!

Jake: Thanks guys! Anyways, when we heading out?

Colby: Sam and I are almost ready, you?

Jake: Been ready since I got a yes from Tara.

Sam: Well in that case, we'll be there in a hour.

Jake: Alright, see you guys soon.

Sam grabs his suit, heading into the bathroom. I was already in mine. After Sam came out of the bathroom, I walked in there to fix my hair.

"How's this look?" I ask Sam. "Looks alright, might just want to jell the back a bit though". "Really?! Oh my gosh, where's the hair jell?" I say looking everywhere.

Sam looks at me a bit weird before walking over to me. "Colby calm down, you look great". "Are you just saying that to make me feel better?" "No. Why are you even freaking out anyways, it's not like you have a date, your going with me" Sam says laughing.

Shit! I'm acting so suspicious... This is going to be a long night.

"Just nervous I guess..." "No need to be nervous Colby, Jake and I will be there". I smile as I continue combining my hair. "Here, let me help you" Sam says.

Sam grabs the comb out of my hand and starts working on the back of my hair. I got major butterfly's.

"There you go!" "Thanks Sam". "Of course".

As we where putting are shoes on, our phones started going off.

"Better get going before Jake blows up our phones, again..." I say. Sam laughs as we make our way downstairs, and out the door.

~Time Skip~

"Finally!" Jake says as he gets into the back of Sam's car. "Jake it's only 4:30" I say. "I know, but the dance starts at five, and I don't want to be late!" Sam and I laugh as we pull out of Jake's driveway.

As we pulled up to the school, Jake spots Tara waiting by the front entrance. He fixes his hair as Sam and I laugh at him once again.

"Wait?" "Nothing, just have fun". "Alright mom..." Jake says while getting out of the car. "Did he just call you mom?" I ask giggling. "I believe he did".

Sam and I get out of the car, and into the school. There was streamers and balloons everywhere, as well as the kids from yearbook club with their cameras.

"So, what should we do first?" Sam asks. "While, we could always head over to the food. We haven't ate dinner yet". "Good idea, Jake will definitely find us there".

As we are walking, a girl comes up to Sam and I with a camera. "Smile!" Sam and I smile as she takes the picture. "Thank you! If you would like more, head on over to the photo booth. Twenty five cents per photo" She says walking away.

"How did the school afford a photo booth?" Sam and I ask each other. We laugh as we start getting our food.

We found an empty table, just as Jake and Tara come over to us. "Hi Jake!" Sam and I say. "Hello!" He says sitting down, Tara doing the same. "This is Tara" he says smiling. "Hello!" "Hi!" "Hey! So, where's your dates?" She asks. "Well about that, we're actually here together...as friends of course" Sam says.

My heart dropped. I hated when Sam said "Friends", I just wanted it to be more then friends...

Twenty minutes went by, Sam and I got closer to Tara, as we all ate. That's when a slow song started playing. Jake and Tara stand up, Jake turns around to look at Sam and I.

"You two should come join". "Jake, it's a slow song" I say. "And?" "Jake, that's a little weird" Sam says. "Oh come on guys, a little slow dance never hurt anyone" Tara says with a smile. "Alright" Sam and I say.

We get up and head to the dance floor. Sam grabs my hand, pulling my closer. "Who's the girl?" he asks. "I'll do it" I answer with a smile.

Colby! You did not just agree to this...

Sam puts his hands around my waist, catching me off grad. I slowly put my arms around Sam's neck, we smile at each other, and quickly look down.

As we started swaying back and forth, we made direct eye contact. It felt like I was in a movie. His bright blue eyes glistening in the light. I felt Sam pulling me closer to him, if that was even possible.

Our lips brushed past each other, as the music started to slowly drown out. All of a sudden, Sam's lips where connected with mine, moving ever so effortlessly.

I felt trapped, but in such a good way.

A/n: Don't worry everyone, the story's not done yet.

~848 words~ 💖