1

(Sam's POV)
The bell rang for my last class of the day math, my favorite class of the day. The teacher was coming around the class room collecting last nights homework, when he stopped at the kid's desk in front of mine.

"Where is your homework?" the teacher asked. "I... I never did it" the kid said.

The teacher walked over to his desk and pulled out a pink piece of paper, before walking back over to the kid's desk. "Detention after school, you got that?" the teacher said as he handed the kid the paper. "Got it!" the kid said with a smile.

I will never understand why he gets so happy to have detention. It's like he doesn't want to go home.

(Skip to the end of class)

The bell rang so I gathered my things and headed home to get ready for work. I work with the suicide prevention hotline, there's this kid that calls everyday. I love helping people but this kid.... I just wish I could help him more then what I could do over the phone.

I got home and grabbed a quick snack before heading up to my room. I work at home most the time, about two or three times a month they call me in. My shift starts in 30 minutes so I went and got my drink since I left it on the table.

******************************************

*Phone rings*

Hello, this is the suicide prevention hotline. How can I help you today?

"Um hi it me again, I just need someone to talk to."

"Alright, so how was your day?"

"It was better then yesterday."

"That's great! What made it better?"

"I got home late today, so I didn't have to deal with my parents yelling at me... I know it's going to be bad when they get back from work though. I'm just happy I got a three hour break."

"I'm happy that you do as well, just remember that no matter what your parents say or do you can always call."

"I will!, thank you so much. I better go get so chores done so I don't get in to much trouble."

"Your very welcome! Hope you have a great day."

*End of call*

I just feel so bad for him. He's called this hotline for almost a year now. He's gone though a lot... I just wish I could help more.

A/n: Hey guys I know this sucks really bad, but I hope you like it. Anyways just remember that there is always someone to talk to. Have a great day guys!
~435 words 💖~