13

Trigger Warning: Talk of self-harm

"Sam I- I can explain... I-It's not what it looks like, I promise" I say, scared of what Sam will do. "Show me your arm's, legs, and back" Sam says, throwing the blade on his bed.

I take my pants off so he could see my legs. He looks at me for a minute before telling me to turn around. I do and a second later, he turns me back around hugging me tight.

"I'll let you take your shower, then if you want, you can tell me". "Okay... Thanks Sam". I smile at him as I walk into the bathroom, turning the water on.

(Sam's POV)

I walk over to my bed, looking down at the blade. I couldn't understand why he would do this. I picked it up throwing it in the trash. I whipped the tears out of my eyes, then started to finish Colby's new bed.

"Sam can we talk?" Colby asks, walking out of the bathroom, with a scared look in his eyes. "Of course".

We walk over to my bed, sitting down facing each other.

"Sam it's not what it looked like... What actually happened was..."

Colby told me everything that happened. I hugged him, making sure he knew I wasn't mad. See sat in silence for a few minutes before Colby got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked confused. "For a walk". He says with a smile.

I smile back at him, as he leaves the room.

(Colby's POV)

As I was walking, the only thing I could think about was Sam. Was he mad at me? Was he going to tell his parents about what he saw? Is he even going to believe me anymore? I take a deep breath, trying to calm my brain down. Sam didn't tell Jake the real reason I didn't have a phone, or the Apple worker, but would he tell his parents?

I mentally smack myself, before taking another breath. I spot a McDonald's not to far down the road. I reached in my pockets only to pull out five dollars. Well it looks like I'm not getting food... oh wait I live with Sam now. That's going to talk awhile to get used to...

After an hour I made it back to Sam's. I walked in the house to see Sam and his sister Alison in the kitchen.

"Hey Colby! Alison has a surprise for us!" Sam says. "Oh... what's the surprise?" "It's called a surprise for a reason" Alison says with a laugh.

We make are way to the car, Alison in the drives seat and Sam and I in the back. We made are way out of the drive way singing along to the radio.

(A hour later)

"We're here!" "What is this place Alison?" Sam asks.

I look at the sigh on the door, it reads Koala Petting Zoo. Koalas!! I fucking love Koalas, they have always been my favorite animal for as long as I could remember. I smile as Alison answers Sam.

"We're at the Koala Petting Zoo!" She says. Sam looks at me seeing how happy I am. "Looks like someone happy" he says with a smile. "Hell yeah man, Koalas are my favorite animal! But how did you know Alison?" She looks at me taking a breath. "Well... your laptop has koala stickers all over it, you have many hoodies with koalas, your Lock Screen is a koala, and you have that little stuffed koala".

I blush a bit in embarrassment. How did she know about the stuffed koala? I've never taken it out of my bag...

"Alison! He wasn't supposed to know about the stuffed koala! Sorry Colby, she was helping me put the mattress on you bed earlier, and your bag fell with the koala falling out..."

I smile with embarrassment still. "It's alright! Now, can we please go hang out with the koalas!!!" "Of course we can, let's go!" Alison says laughing.

I jump out of the car running in, Sam and Alison quickly following behind me. We got to cuddle with the koalas, I was so happy. It's been so long since I've been this happy, I never wanted it to end.

After a few hours we got some pictures with the koalas, (Colby's picture is above) then we headed back to the house. I started to fall asleep in the car, when Sam started playing with my hair. I smiled falling asleep.

(40 minutes later)

"Colby" Sam says lightly shaking me awake. "Hmmm" I ask, not happy to be woken up. "I'm sorry for waking you but we're home now". "Oh okay".

We get out of the car heading inside. Sam's mom had pizza on the table for us, we grabbed some heading upstairs.

"I love when I see a smile on your face". Sam says, taking a bit out of his pizza. "Sam, today has been the most happiest I've ever been in a long time... I don't want it to end". "Very soon you will be the happiest person in the world Colby".

I smiles before finishing my pizza. I grab my clothes and head to the bathroom, taking a shower. A few hours pass by, Sam turns off his tv as see head to bed.

"Night Sam!" "Night Colby!"

~889 words~ 💖