Friendzoned

It's decided, I'll be continuing it! The story line might change very quickly at times, but I'm going to try my best to avoid that if I can. I don't want to confuse anyone! I'm also going to have to include a few characters of my own creation for the sake of story length and plot.

...

"Are you serious?" Bolin asked Korra later in their science class.

Korra nodded slowly, her eyes covered by her arm. She was leaning back in her chair, explaining the events of the morning to Bolin. "I don't know what I was thinking."

"'Korra the Lifesaver'!" Bolin laughed. "How did you come up with that?" Korra lifted up her arm and glared at him, forcing Bolin to stop laughing. "Sorry, but that is kind of funny."

"Because it wasn't you." Korra muttered. "It was embarrassing."

"You really can't blame yourself. Asami is really beautiful-" Korra glared at him again and he held up his hands. "Hey, I'm just stating facts here."

"I swear she's on to me." Korra said. "She called me out on being jealous!"

"Not necessarily, she was joking." Bolin said.

"Maybe she was, but she still said it." Korra argued.

"Look, Korra, I may not be a love expert, but I can tell you that you're doing everything right." Bolin said. "It's not the worst thing in the world. Girls love socially awkward-uh-people."

Korra rolled her eyes, though he couldn't see it. "As I said, you weren't there. And I don't even know if she likes girls." Korra answered, a whiny edge in her voice.

Bolin started to reply, only to be interrupted by their teacher, Suyin Beifong.

"Bolin, Korra, is there a problem?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, Ms. Beifong." Bolin replied, hanging his head and folding his hands.

Korra didn't say anything, she just shook her head. She uncovered her eyes and sat up, hunching over her desk and staring at the surface.

I'm such an idiot... she thought. Sure, she laughed, but that doesn't make it any better...

Korra had only known Asami a few years and was already smitten over her. She met Asami freshman year when Bolin's brother (and her friend) Mako introduced her to her. They were sort of dating then, but Korra wasn't very observant of Asami until sophomore year when she and Mako had broken up. Before then, Korra didn't really like or trust Asami. Following the breakup, they began to hang out and get to know each other.

"Why can't I just admit how I feel..?" Korra whispered to herself.

...

After science came gym. To her luck, she also had gym with Asami. Bolin wished Korra good luck as she headed out of the classroom. Korra nodded her thanks and rushed down the three flights of stairs to get to the gym. She made it first and hurried into the locker room so she could change before Asami arrived. She could save herself from the embarrassment of seeing Asami possibly changing and having a complete nosebleed. She grabbed her T-shirt from her backpack and threw it on quickly after she took off the one she was wearing.