Time

~Two weeks later... ~

They haven't seen each other in forever. Or, it feels like forever. Two weeks to be exact. Korra didn't really mind, though. To her it was just a huge relief. With the help of Mako, Bolin and even Kuvira, Korra managed to avoid Asami at any given moment. It wasn't as hard as she'd originally thought it would be. That doesn't mean she didn't miss her though. Don't get her wrong, Korra loved being with Kuvira. They'd actually made it official the day after the park event. Still, that didn't keep a familiar sadness from invading Korra's still healing heart. On the rare occasions she'd catch a glimpse of Asami, she could see nothing but sadness on her face.

"What do you think is wrong with her?" she'd asked Opal when they were at lunch.

Opal looked at Asami, who'd already given her attention to Riyu. She shrugged. "Beats me. Maybe it's personal or something."

"Yeah, maybe..." Korra said, though she doubted it completely.

Despite all of the concern she had for her friend's well-being, she restrained herself from getting involved. It wasn't worth the risk of getting roped in again when she was already so close to getting over her. She hated to see Asami suffering, though.

"Are you okay?" Kuvira asked her later that day.

"Yeah." Korra lied, but her gaze was casted to the ground. She knew the minute she said it that Kuvira would know she was lying.

Kuvira took Korra's hand and stepped in front of her, placing her other hand on Korra's cheek. "You know I know you're lying." she said. She gave Korra's hand a reassuring squeeze, making her look up. "You can tell me what's wrong."

Korra smiled. "I know. It's just...I'm kind if worried about Asami. She's seemed pretty down lately, and I don't know why."

Kuvira's expression fell further. Her jade eyes searched a blue ocean and she sighed. "You can't worry about it too much. If I becomes too much for her to handle, whatever it is, I'm sure she'll tell someone. Maybe she'll find a way to tell you."

"But what if she doesn't want to?" Korra said. Her voice saddened with every word. "What if she doesn't want to tell me anything because I've been avoiding her for two weeks?"

"She knows you still care about her. I'm sure." Kuvira said.

Korra looked down and Kuvira smiled, pulling her in for a kiss. Korra let her and gave in to her smile. She relaxed in Kuvira's embrace. "Okay, okay. Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm overreacting."

"I'm sure she'll come around, and so will you." Kuvira said. She dropped her hand from Korra's face and took her spot beside her again. "Now, what do you say we go to the diner and get some lunch?"

"Sure." Korra said, laughing. "Let's go."

...

Asami always knew how to get her mind off of things that bothered her. Simply volunteering time at her father's auto shop always seemed to do the trick. This time, however, was different. It only made her thoughts and emotions crumble together worse than before. She was currently working on the engine of a satomobile that had burnt out on its owner. The communicator was in fine condition, but the windings were a pain. Especially since she couldn't keep her focus.