Ready ?

It was morning. Finally morning. And everyone knew what that meant. It was time. Asami, Bolin, Mako, Korra, Niko, and Kuvira woke up. Some woke up really groggy, some woke up really confused. But one in particular woke up with the eyes of a lion. She knew that the battle was around the corner and she was as prepared as one could be.

Kuvira got up from her bed and cleaned herself up like any normal girl would, as if it were a normal day. She brushed, flossed, washed her face, showered and even put a little make up on. But nothing compared to Asami, her ultimate love rival, her last trial before she could finally deem herself worthy.

"It's finally that time, mother." Kuvira said, picking up and looking at the picture of her mother, father and herself many years ago. "I'm sorry that I'm not the picture perfect girl with a husband like you wanted...but, starting today, I'll be the happiest girl the world will ever see. Just you watch."

Kuvira put her photo down and took a look at the red string around her wrist. She looked at the end where there was a tag that said Korra. "Korra, please, just a little bit more. Then you and I will be together forever."

But what if it doesn't work? Her thoughts were getting the best of her. "No! It will work!" Kuvira said to her inner demons. "I must keep control, control, I am in control of my own mind, my own body, and my spir-." But what if she leaves me like Mom and Dad? "No!" Kuvira took her bags and ran downstairs, almost tripping over herself as she ran past Lin.

"Wait Kuvira!" Lin called, but she was already out the door. "Damn, she forgot her lunch. Oh well, I think I'll just drop by to give it to her later just to be nice."

At the school grounds, Niko walked up to the school toward Mako and Bolin. The brothers saw him approach and three stared at each other as a few grey clouds gathered in the sky.

"I knew this week would be a rainy one, but it's been raining for the past few days." Mako said, looking upward with a serious face.

"Yeah it has. They say that the rain either symbolize either God's tears, or something bad is happening." Bolin said to Mako.

"Or made something is 'about' to happen." Niko said almost under his breath. Mako and Bolin looked to him in curiosity.

"What would you mean by 'about' to happen?" Mako said to him.

Niko looked down, depressed and a little frustrated. "Don't worry about it. You guys remember the plan, right?" Mako and Bolin nodded.

"Of course." Bolin said.

"Good, because they're gonna start before anyone's ready." Niko said as walked away slowly toward the school building

The brothers faced each other and said simultaneously, "What?"

Asami got to the school early, walking with her best foot forward. She was about as ready as one could be to come out to Korra and tell her how it felt. She wasn't guaranteed that it would be easy, and she wasn't expecting it to be. She just hoped that she wouldn't be too late...

She saw Niko walking ahead of her and a small smile graced her lips as she picked up the pace to catch up with him. "Hey Niko." she called out as she grabbed his arm gently, getting his attention.

"Oh, hey, Asami." Niko said, returning her smile. It seemed a little forced. "Are you ready for today?"

Asami lost her smile and looked down for a bit. Not in fear, but sadness. She bit her lip nervously before looking up again. She caught Niko's eyes and could see the pain in them he was trying to hide. It just made her feel worse. "Niko, I'm so sorry things didn't work as planned between us." she said.