Denial & Plans

If you've watched Hercules, then you'll hopefully remember Meg's song I Won't Say (I'm In Love). That helped inspire this chapter xD. That's my favorite song out of all the Disney songs (yes, including Frozen). And thanks for the forgiveness of a short chapter last time :)

Also, forgive me for lack of crediting you if you've seen your ideas. It's so hard to keep up now!

...

"Mako, we need to talk." Asami said as she walked up to him in the hallway. "Right now."

"About what?" Mako asked, closing his locker.

"I want you to tell me what's going on with Korra." Asami said.

Mako panicked for a second, clearing his throat. "What, uh, what do you want to know?"

"Tell me why Korra is staying away from me." Asami said.

"Staying away from you?" Mako laughed nervously. "I have no idea what you're taking about."

"Yes, you do. And I know you do." Asami said.

"Look, Asami, I-" Mako began, but Asami cut him off.

"I don't want to hear any of your bullshit." Asami said. She stepped closer, backing him into the lockers. "I know you're helping her keep away from me. You and Bolin. I want to know why."

"It's not really my place to tell you." Mako said.

"But it is your place to help her avoid me, right?" I sounded way too accusing, but I didn't care.

"Look, I'm just helping Korra because I care about her." Mako snapped.

I narrowed my eyes, coming to the only conclusion my mind could conceive in the heat of the moment. "You're in love with her, aren't you?"

"What, no!" Mako said. He stood up straight, staring me down. "I don't know what your problem is, Asami, but I want no part of it. I can't tell you what's going on with Korra."

He pushed past me and left me standing by his locker, more confused and hurt that I had intended to become.

...

"What do you mean she came to you?!" Korra exclaimed when Mako told her later.

"She demanded that I tell her why you aren't talking to her anymore." he said. "Have you ever seen 'Angry Asami'? Not very appealing."

"What did you say?" Korra asked.

"I told her I couldn't tell her." Mako said. "She wasn't very happy about it, either. She even accused me of even being in love with you."

Korra paused and laughed. "With you? Okay, now she's overstepping boundaries."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Mako said.

"Nothing." Korra said, stifling her laughter.

Mako placed a hand on her shoulder. "Look, Korra, you know, I know, and everyone else involved knows that it would be better for all of us if you just tell Asami and get it over with."