Chance

Asami knew it was wrong. She knew that she'd be in trouble with herself if she was caught, but she couldn't help herself for some odd reason. She wasn't quite sure why she felt the need to watch Korra's interaction with Kuvira, but she wanted to see exactly why Korra had limited her interaction with her. Which is why she was currently standing close by to the entrance, waiting for Korra and Kuvira to emerge from it. School had just ended and they had yet to show up.

"Hey, Asami." Mako said as he came through the doors. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Asami snapped a little too harshly at him. She had no patience for him, being an accomplice to whatever was going on with Korra.

"No need for the attitude, just curious." Mako said, his hands up. "But if you're waiting for Korra, you kind of already missed her."

Asami flustered and looked pointedly at him. "Who said I was looking for Korra?"

"Lucky guess." Mako answered, the corners of his lips tugging into a short smile.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Asami was becoming fed up with Mako's smart ass comments. "And what do you mean I already missed her?"

Mako full out laughed that time. "See? I knew it. She left through the side doors."

"Well, where'd she go? Asami asked.

"Hell if I know." Mako said with a shrug.

Asami groaned and turned on her heel, trying her best not to stomp down the stairs. When she was far enough away, Mako laughed and opened the front door. "She's gone, you're clear!"

Korra appeared, letting go of the sigh she'd been holding. "Thanks, Mako."

"No problem." Mako said.

"Why do you think she was looking for me?" Korra asked.

"I don't know, I was only kidding." Mako said, looking off at the direction Asami had disappeared in. "I didn't expect her to actually be looking for you." He turned his attention back to Korra. "So, when are you gonna make the moves on Kuvira?"

Korra shoved him into the railing and he laughed. "I told you, I'm not sure if I like her yet. Opal talked to her like she promised, but she couldn't get her to say anything directly about her feelings towards me."

"I'm sure it'll work out." Bolin said, coming up behind Mako. "I can see where Kuvira might like you."

Korra smiled. "I appreciate the optimism." She started down the stairs and looked back at them. "So I'll see you guys later at the park."

"Yep." Bolin said.

Korra jumped down over the rest of the stairs and caught up with Kuvira, who was waiting at the edge of the schoolyard for her.

"Hey." she said one she reached her.

"Hey." Kuvira said, smiling. "Um, if you don't mind me asking, why are you avoiding Asami?"

Korra laughed nervously as they started walking. "Oh, well, I'm sure it's no secret that I liked her. But she already has a boyfriend and I'm trying to get over her before we start talking again."