The Truth Part 1

Niko was running as fast as he could to reach the school and get away from Baatar. His mind was going ten times faster than his feet could, however. He was getting bruised, cut and scratched from different prickly vines and he was ruining his clothes. He didn't have any way to contact his friends or any authorities, even though it was the authorities that put him in this mess. Ironic, isn't it? He was sure he was lost, but he could hear the sound of cars nearby. He didn't want to emerge from the trees until he was sure he was in the clear.

Baatar was getting frustrated, on the other hand. He was at least four blocks from the actual school, following the forest that runs around the city that separated him from it. "Fuck, how did I lose this brat? Kuvira will be totally pissed if he finds his way to school. The plan was to brainwash him into taking pity on me so he wouldn't rat on us and go back to his little ex!" Baatar was getting nowhere and became desperate. He put his car in park and jumped out of it, running into the forest to find him on foot.

Niko heard footsteps coming up behind him as he picked up the pace. Baatar could hear something in front of him. He knew he was on the right track as he leaned forward slightly and recalled all his to catch up with Niko. Niko looked behind him, seeing Baatar heading straight toward him. He turned to run faster, coming to an immediate stop when he realized there was a brick wall in his way. Baatar took the opportunity and charged forward to attempt a grapple and bring him back. Niko clenched his fist as tight as he could and he counted to three. Baatar was no more than a few steps from him and he ducked over to the left in a barrel roll. Baatar hit the wall head first, making his nose bleed massively and he cried out in pain. As Baatar turned around to cover his nose after the impact, Niko put every ounce of strength into his fist and punched Baatar in the face and he fell to the ground flat. Niko waved his hand to let some of the pain off, making a face.

"That's for making my day worse." he said, then went into Baatar's pocket and checked for his phone. He found it, also locating Baatar's phone, and ran off with both of them.

...

Mako and Bolin were finally through with there fight. They came out victorious, but were badly bruised as they felt numb all over and Mako had a black eye. The two brothers sat down in the middle of the floor for a second, back to back to catch their breath.

"Hey bro" Mako spoke up, looking over his shoulder at Bolin.

"Yeah, whats up?" Bolin said.

"Why are we doing this again?" Mako asked. Bolin thought for a second before answering.

"Because we're Korra and Asami's best friends, and they trust us." Bolin said with a half smirk, since his lip was busted.

"Yeah, right... But do you think we're doing the right thing?" Mako said, looking down.

"What do you mean? Of course, we are." Bolin said, turning to look at Mako and wincing and the strain on his back and in his stomach. "Didn't you hear the guys that we beat up? This was all a set up."

"Yeah, but during our time of friendship with both of them we always saw Korra and Asami as friends." Mako replied. "And, yeah, I dated Asami and then she and I broke upand then Korra was looking at Asami in that way." Bolin looked up when he heard sniffling noises.

"Mako?"

"I didn't understand it at first, that Korra loved Asami. When she told us, I just felt really confused. I mean, I know that we pretty much already knew, but to hear her actually say it..." He sighed heavily. "I felt bad for Korra because Asami didn't love her back, and that's why I question if we're right. She's happy, Bolin! Finally happy, after four years, and we're about to rush in and ruin it!" Mako slammed his hand on the ground but regretted it after as it was still bruised from all the fighting but didn't flinch for his emotions was what distracted most of the pain.