Depression & Doubts

Finally! Let's get down to business (any Mulan fans out there xD)! I know it took a while, and I apologize. But I had such a great headstart on Dangerous and so much to do for this chapter to make it to my idea of perfect. This chapter had to run smoothly and fit properly before being published. So thank you for being patient with me!

...

If Mako and Bolin knew how to do one thing, it was how to keep secrets away from Korra and Asami. The first step to getting them together, according to Niko, was to figure out how to first get them in the same room or at least in the same place. Not alone, of course. Who knows what would happen between them if they were alone. It had to be a casual setting, something that everyone could be comfortable in. And it had to have a little crowd.

"Kind of like a party." Bolin said, writing down their plans on paper.

"Yes, exactly." Niko said.

"How are we supposed to pull that off?" Mako asked. "None of us have a big enough house to throw a party."

"It doesn't have to be in a house." Niko said, thinking. "Beach party."

"Which would be best because...?" Bolin said.

"Who doesn't love beach parties?" Niko said.

"I can see your point, but how do we get them together?" Mako asked.

"It can't be forced." Niko replied, starting to pace back and forth. "It has to feel natural. Like it was meant to happen, but not really." He looked at the brothers. "Am I making sense here?"

"I guess." Bolin said. He scrawled out more notes on the paper.

"We also can't ignore the fact that Korra is going to bring Kuvira." Niko said.

"What are you going to do about her?" Mako said.

"If we can lure Kuvira away long enough for Asami to at least get close to Korra, we got them." Niko said. "Even if it doesn't happen right away, we are at least getting somewhere."

"So you do have a plan to get Kuvira out of the way." Mako replied.

"Right now, it's just a work in progress." Niko said. "But it's coming along."

"Who's gonna do the party invites?" Bolin said.

"I think Mako can handle that." Niko answered.

"Yeah, I can do that." Mako said, smiling.

"I'll invite Asami, though." Niko said. One of you can invite Korra. Bolin, I'm sure you can get the party supplies."

"Heck yeah!" Bolin said.

"And I can bring the food." Niko said.

"When is this all going down?" Mako asked.

Niko looked at the calender, contemplating the best date. It was Thursday. "Saturday."

"Alright!" Bolin exclaimed. "Operation Match-Maker is underway!"

Niko laughed while Mako just gave him a look.