thirty nine

||CHAPTER 39||
《¤》

┊A R V I K A┊

As it turned out, he wasn't staying the night at any hotel.

We didn't bother checking whether the stalls were empty. Pressed up against the granite counter, my lungs burned as he vacuumed another breath out of me. Tasted like honey, grunts so rough, so smoky. Hot, open mouthed kisses tended to the bristle of his five-o-clock shadow against my neck, making my legs cinch tighter around his waist.

Warm exhales dipped lower. He seemed to like it when I dragged my nails down his mane, tugged at his hair. A lipstick stain marked his swollen lips, peppered haphazardly all the way down to the nape of his shoulder, feathering around the hickey I'd left. Raising a sweaty brow, he made me look at him, pounding harder.

Our breaths fogged up, he stretched out another moan from me. My hand bunched his shirt on his chest, head pinned against the mirror as he thrust harder. So close, over the edge, harder, right fùçķìñģ there

We exploded. Varun's face contorted in wrenching release, a throaty growl that left me gasping for air. Goosebumps specked the skin of his shoulder, patches of sweat making his shirt stick to his body. I felt him massage my hip, nuzzling his face in my hair.

Our climax took its own sweet time to wear off. Kind of him to zip my dress up for me. Pity, his shirt still seemed fine. I was never one for small talk post restroom quickies, and yet I found myself making an effort. "So... when are you going back?"

"Flight do baje hai," he said casually, disposing the condom in the trash can. Glancing at me through the mirror, he flashed me a lopsided grin. "Need me to send you a few selfies?"

"That would be great, I can demonstrate how to reply." I turned in my place, retrieving a wet wipe from my purse.

He sniffed it as I brought it to his lips, patting on my lipstick smudges. "Smells like you. You really like citrus, huh?"

I'd actually harbored a liking for Old Spice and cigarettes, but he didn't need to know that. "You can keep it if you want to."

A sharp stab of air rattled us out of our spent state—we had been a little preoccupied to make sure that the door was locked.

"I recall building a men's restroom too..." Madhu Auntie's voice echoed mildly.

If my heart wasn't racing earlier, it was now pounding to pierce out of my chest. This was bad, really, really bad. Not one known for gossip, but she was one of my mother's closest friends. I froze in my place, and yet I could feel my face heat up when she raised a brow at me suggestively. "Chalo, still better than your date."

I couldn't find my voice, Varun's unfazed response didn't amount to anything more than polite a nod.

"I hope you two are done. I need to..." she pointed at the stalls behind him.

We filed out immediately.