dil janna chahega

"Holy mother fùçķìñģ shìt, that's him?!"

Karan's nasty race-driver of foul mouth doesn't have enough words to articulate the shock on our faces. Gasps stuck in our throats, our jaws slacken to the ground.

Arnav briefly scans the man speaking with the production team, "Okay so what? We weren't the only ones with a 180 in life."

"180? That's like more than 180 man. That's like a fùçking 360!"

"That's coming back to the same point you started from," Ritwik explains patiently, drawing a circle in his palm to demonstrate. "Nevermind, you're just dumb."

Shaking his head, Vansh turns to me. "What's he even doing? Arvika, tera best friend thha na ye?"

"Haven't been in contact much," I admit. "Isn't a trust fund baby, that's for sure."

While we gawk at our host for the afternoon with a hammering sense of surprise, an awfully silent Ishita bites out, "Software Engineer, Silicon Valley."

And immediately, our necks crane to look at her.

"Tu abhi bhi logo ko stalk karti hai?" And for that, Ritwik receives a pointed glare.

"He was in one of the flights."

"From TATAs to serving BATATAs." Karan has really bad judgement of humour.

"From F1 to becoming no-effing-one, guess we're not on very different lanes, driver."

At least Ishita's has improved. Speedy chatter fills the living room of the penthouse, spot boys hurry to dim the lights. The sky outside has turned a shade of grey—Mumbai's unpredictable weather leaves us in a cozy atmosphere to shoot in. Lampshades flicker on, and in under five minutes, Armaan Qureshi occupies the recliner opposite us.

"Man, no fancy music this time?" He chuckles. "No cue, no light effect?"

"It's a raw take," someone hollers from the side.

"Yeah, it's called keeping it real." Ishita rolls her fists and none of us can figure out why.

"Of course," Armaan shrugs casually. "The look on your faces when I entered couldn't be faked."

"We weren't expecting you here, that's all," Vansh answers. "But seriously, look at you!"

"People missed me."

That leads to pronounced silence where we just look at each other to confirm if that was true. "Guess someone's grown snappier."

"I take that as a compliment," he comments. "Anyways! Welcome back to the third session of #diljannachahega! How surreal does it sound? A decade later, and we're getting all sorts of news about your gang. The one person no one expected to get married, is the first one to sail the boat. Ritwik Roy, whatever the hell happened to your Teddy Bear fantasies?"