XXV

Author Note
I just watched Divergent so if this chapter seems familiar MIND YOUR BUSINESS.

Anna

"ANNA!" Catherine frowns, calling from the sliver of space in the kitchen. I look at her and nodded before staring back at Henry.

"I must go. Duty calls" I smile, looking timidly in Henry's eyes. He grabbed my jaw, forcing me to face his piercing blue orbs.

"What do you think about him"

"Who" I was a lousy liar and he knew it.

"My brother who so graciously charmed you"

"He didn't charm me Henry" I laughed, trying my hardest to resist his gaze. Thayne was a handsome specimen but I barely knew him. How could he charm me when I barely knew him.

"He didn't?" Henry asked, more skeptical of my answer.

"Of course not. He is not you, therefore, I do not care for him"

"Is that so?"

I nodded rather unconvincingly.

"Hmm... last time someone lifted a finger to your cheek you begged me to kill them. Yet Thayne grabbed your whole jaw and you said nothing?"

"He is your brother....I knew your dynamics are different" I lied, pulling away from him and twiddling my thumbs.

"If you tell me to kill him, I will"

"Will you?" I snapped, snapping my head around to face him.

"Have I not proven to you in the past?"

"Funny...I asked for you to kill Lady Seymour....yet she still lives" I murmured, loud enough for him to hear. He stormed over, invading my space.

"Things like that take time"

"I am sure it does it my king" I fumed, storming over to leave. He grabbed the nape of my neck, forcing my whole body around so that I could face him. "Do you doubt me, Anna?" he says beneath an icy whisper. I only shook my head no, carefully examining his eyes.

"Anna, Catherine needs you" Thomas pops his head out now. It must have been urgent.

"I have to go" I mumbled, turning away from him. He still refused to let me go, pushing his lips against mine and kissing me fondly. We smacked with a fervent intensity before finally breaking away.

"When will I see you?" he asks, impatient to feel me beneath him. I was still irked at his slow progression to kill Lady Seymour.

"I don't know...I am busy tonight..." I lied, trying to avoid his presence. I don't know why his excuse of killing Lady Seymour irked my soul, but the more I thought of it, the more it annoyed me. Henry could command for a soldier to drop dead at the command of his voice and he would do it.

"Fine" he huffed, letting me go and storming out the room. I knew he was mad at me but I didn't care....he shouldn't have asked me for what I wished for if he wasn't willing to fulfill it.

Thayne

I threw my knives against a partition in a busy hallway as a few of my friends and dignitaries laughed and smiled. Philip watches me at a distance, still resentful about his freshly severed arm. Any man should have felt pity for him but even the poorest man in the kingdom knew better than to touch what belonged to the king.