43

Anna

I must find Thayne, and fast!

I run out Henry's throne room and catch a glimpse of a bouncy set of soft golden curls. It was Thomas in the distance! He was coming out the queen's quarters which struck me as odd but I did not think too much of it.
I didn't have time too.

"Thomas" I ran to meet him. He turns around and watches me.

"Anna?" I knew he said it that way because he hadn't seen me in ages.

"Thomas... I know we haven't seen each other in ages but I need a favor from you. A huge one"
He looks at me curiously but nods.

——

Thomas

Jane Seymour takes another position in the chaise lounge as I clean my wet paintbrush.

"A wee bit quiet are we?" She hums, looking into my eyes.

"I dont feel like talking much these days" I whisper, my mind still on Ana. The king had put a wedge of distance between us for his own selfish gain. I guess it was my fault for showing too much interest.

Lady Seymour seemed to be my only recluse of sanity. She stood from the couch, walking over to me before sitting in my lap.

"Thomas" she smirks, snatching my jaw and lifting it to hers. She presses her lips against mine, kissing me desperately and passionately.

I felt pity for her and myself. We were two scorned and rejected lovers looking for some sort of escape. She in me and I in her.

I should have stopped it the first time.
I told her we must never do what we did again, but as she kissed me in this moment, I imagined Ana.
How soft her lips felt as she kissed me under the tree. Her dark ebony skin and soft brown eyes.

Lady Seymour clothes were in a pile by the time I finished my sweet fantasy.
Feelings if disgust and shame entered me as I saw our vulgar position.

Slowly, I led her away and stand to dress.
"I have to go" I mutter collecting my things.

"Thomas! Wait" she calls after me but I storm out the room, refusing to look back.

—-

"Thomas?"

My heart stands still as I hear her melodic voice. It couldn't be.

"Anna?" I whisper, turning around to watch her. She looked even more radiant than before. 

"Thomas... I know we haven't seen each other in ages but I need a favor from you. A huge one"
I look at her curiously but nod.  I would move a mountain for her.

She watches me carefully before hugging me tight. "Thomas"
My arms molded around her and I pull her in, pressing my jaw against her head.
She slowly pulls away and smiles, looking down at my lips. 

"Oh?!" She reaches out to touch them, "your lips look swollen? Are you okay?"

I grab her wrist before she could touch them and lead them away. "Im fine Anna. What's the favor?"

——

I see the king making a beeline to a secret path; just as Anna said.

"Your majesty" I bow in reverence.

"Not now" he grumbled, looking like a man on a mission.

"But your majesty. It's about the portrait for your beloved.
It's finished. Just in time for her birthday tomorrow"

The king curses before staring at me.
"Where is it? "

"In the quarters. Lady Seymour has been in bad spirits."

"Aren't you supposed to be taking care of that?" He grumbles impatiently.

"I wanted your approval so you can unveil it in time.
It may lift her spirits"  I didn't lie. Although I hated my stations, being her personal slave and lover, lady Seymour did reveal to me that she was unhappy with Henry.

"Where is she?" Henry ask, mad at the inconvenience I had caused. He knew he would have to go see her.

——-

Thayne

I put on my black cloak, ready to see Anna perform at another day in court. As I exit the garden room and turn, I am stopped by a lad with curly hair.
I didn't know who he was.

"Prince Thayne?"

"Who are you?" I ask cautiously. I knew Anna must have told him of my whereabouts. That meant I could trust him.
"Is Anna safe? Is she alright?"

"Yes, but you may not be" I warn him.

"What?" He snaps, looking around the hallway for ant guards. I pull his arm and lead him away, taking him to a secret location no one would find him. It was my promise to Anna.

"Come on. We don't have much time."

——-