38

Thomas is waiting in my room as I return. I guess we were friends again? "What happened?"

"I am no longer the kings whore taster.
I am being sponsored as a lady under Prince Thayne's court"

"What?" Thomas looks surprised at the news. I show him the ring and letter.

"Nice ring." Thomas smirks, pulling my hand into his to observe it. "So this is the famous ring with the seal of the kingdom?"

I try not to cry as I think of Thayne and his words if wisdom. I missed him.

"Prince Thayne gave it to you?" He says.

"Every year the king and prince have a place in court along with a few other dignitaries. Thayne sponsored me."

Thomas sits on my bed and pushes his head between his palms.

"Are you still dedicated to the plan?"

"Thomas..."

"Tell me! Because it seems as if a new plan forms and the old one is pushed to the exterior of your mind!"

"Yes Thomas! I still want to kill him! I hate him!"

"No you don't!" He scoffs, standing from the bed.

"I do!"

"You do not fear him Ana. You confuse your lack of fear for hatred. The two are not the same." He paces the room, thinking of his next plan of action. "I'll do it myself"

"No Thomas! You can't"

"It's been 4 months Ana! He was supposed to be dead by now"

"Thomas it is not so easy! I seduce him
He pushes me away
It is not so easy being the affection of the king. And he will not kill Jane Seymour! She is the catalyst."

"Excuses" He sighs.

"Maybe going into court. I can rise above my stations and then he will make me queen. I feel my status in the state was the reason for his hesitancy."

"You don't come from a noble family either way. Do you really think that was the reason Ana? You think this sponsorship will be impactful?"

I am quiet, thinking of Thomas's words. "Maybe? But it doesn't hurt to try?"

Thomas nodded. "Thomas you are my best friend. If I have you mad at me then I cannot function."

He smiles and kisses my forehead with care. "Fine. 4 months. That's it"

I nod my head excitedly with the deadline. Four months would give me more than enough time in court. He pulled my palm and held the ring up to take a closer look.

"It's big."

"Very." I smirk thinking of Thayne.

"So where is this famed prince?" Thomas stands to look out the window in my room.

"Probably halfway across the kingdom. He has to go into hiding. The king is out to kill him."

"Why" Thomas looks back to meet my gaze.

"Well, he touched the King's thorn."

——-

4 days later

The ladies measured my waist and arms, making sure every centimeter and inch of cloth aligned with my measurement.

Thayne requested imported clothes from the finest cities abroad like Venice and Paris. The only problem was that they only came in basic blacks and blues.

"Are there no other colors?" I frown, holding up the fabric to my eyes.

"It is not allowed in court my lady" the seamstress bows.

"And what if a woman were to wear a different color and defied the rules of court?"

"Punishment by the king!" The seamstress screams the rule as if I just cursed the king's health. I stroll to the mirror and look at my synched bodice in pride. "Have new clothes imported from Spain in the colors I chose"

"Yes my lady"

——

Two weeks later

After two weeks of training and lessons, I felt more than accustomed to the social rules of high court.

"When the king comes in you—"

"Bow and avert your gaze" I recite, making sure to push the rule into my head.

"When they move for break?"

"I remain silent and only take break if the king does" I announce. I stood up straight, held my high and looked foward. Thayne had alotted me three handmaidens to join me in court. I didn't hate them but I didn't cherish them. I made my intentions clear with them and held them the highest standard of excellence.

"Victoria hold this and and give me this fan." She obeys instantly before adjusting my gown.
"Mary, Elizabeth? Hold the train before I enter in"
They nod and bend to my command.

It would be my first time in the royal court and I had important impressions to make. I take one final look in the mirror and frown. The dress was too...refined.
Their needed to be some alterations if I wanted Henry's attention.

"Seamstress?" They run to my side. "Fix the neckline of my dress."
She runs her hands over my bodice and starts fiddling with the straps.
"Lower" I frown. She pulls the neckline a bit lower.
"Lower."I smirk.
"Lower" I instruct again. She hesitated but pulled the straps lower, making sure to expose the richness of my ample bosoms.

"Perfect"
———