Chapter 3 : Home

(Y/N's POV)

You and Arianna arrive at her apartment around midday. You're in awe as you take in the scenery of her beautifully furnished, modern apartment.

 You're in awe as you take in the scenery of her beautifully furnished, modern apartment

(Arianna's Apt)

"Wow, Ari! This place is beautiful!" You exclaim, running to the windowed patio area and looking out at the city below. "Thanks Y/N! Glad you like it! Make yourself comfortable, I'm gonna go make us some tea!" "Mn!" you agree. You sit down to call your mom and let her know you arrived safely at Ari's apartment. 

After getting off the phone, Ari came out of the kitchen with a tray of tea and teacups. She passes one to you as she turns on the TV on the wall. It's a news article footage of the airport they were at this morning, and the reporter was talking about the recently solo rockstar, Klavier Gavin, taking a trip back to his home in Germany following the breakup of his band.
Ari snorted as she pointed at the tv, "Look Y/N, its us!" She laughs, as the screen pans to behind Klavier as he does signatures and you can faintly hear your laughter as you dash behind the crowd.
"Shoot, Ari, hundreds of people got to see us acting like idiots!" you laughed. Your smile dropped a bit as you looked at the screen. "I guess all that commotion this morning was him leaving to go home. I can't believe we were that close to him." his last words to you six years ago flashed in your mind "I know we'll see each other again." I doubt he even remembers your name, you reminded yourself. Ari pats your thigh. "Are you ok, Hon?" she asks, searching your face. You shake your head and smile.
"Yeah, I'm fine! I just got lost in my thoughts for a minute!" Yet you couldn't shake the blush that tinted your ears when you thought about his kiss. 

You and Ari hang out and catch up the rest of the day, and at bedtime, she shows you to your room. You flop down on the covers and promptly fall asleep, exhausted from the long day you had. 

(Klavier's POV)

In Germany, Klavier's plane touches down in a Berlin airport. He stands up, feeling slightly refreshed from his nap, having had good dreams.
He picks up Vogel's leash, poor girl hasn't been out in hours. (Vogel is Kristoph Gavin's golden retriever. I imagine Klavier as being a dog guy who takes care of her after his brother's incarceration.) He pats the dog on the head as he coaxes her down the plane stairs, he feels bad for the poor thing, losing her owner the way she did. She seemed to warm up pretty quickly to Klavier though.
They make in through customs without detection from any fans, as he was wearing casual clothes and a hat, to hide his signature long, blonde hair. He makes it out to the rented car, and packs up his belongings, and ushers Vogel into the passenger side. 

(A/N For the sake of the story, since Kristoph and Klavier aren't indicated as having any parents, I'm going to write Klavier as having an aunt who took care of them, before Kristoph left for Tokyo, and Klavier left soon after.) 

Arriving at his aunt's house, he greeted her warmly. "Hey, Aunt Liesel!" (Pronounced Lee-sell)  he says, accepting a hug from the older woman.
"Klavier, how are you doing? It's taken you so long to visit your old aunt!" she scolds lovingly. "I'm sorry, I would have liked to earlier, but there was a lot going on with my band and.. Kristoph," he finishes with hesitation. "How are you holding up, Aunt Liesel?"
Liesel frowned. "I'm sad, and shaken, as you already know. I'm still reeling from the shock a bit." Klavier rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. "I know, Auntie." he whispered.
Liesel noticed his attitude becoming somber and smiled kindly. "Don't worry about me, tell me about how your life is going, my nephew! Have you met any ladies who pique your interest?" she asked, a sparkle in her eyes.
Klavier laughed, and rubbed a hand over his eyes. "No Auntie, I haven't, unfortunately." He said with a smile.
Liesel scoffed playfully, "Are you still pining for that little Y/N you used to be so fond of?"
Klavier blushed a bit before replying "Not exactly... I do think I saw her earlier today though, in Japan!"
Liesel's eyes widened. "Oh, you might have, I forgot to tell you she was planning to move in with her friend in Tokyo! She visited me at Christmas to bring me a family card, and a candle, and chatted with me for a bit over eggnog. She's pursuing a law degree at Themis Legal Academy, where you went. You remember she always wanted to be a prosecutor like the famous Edgeworth and Franziska Von Karma. And you," she added with a giggle.
Klavier was in shock "Really? I didn't know she was going to study in Tokyo!" he exclaimed. "She's 23 now, isn't she? Wouldn't she have finished her degree by now?"
Liesel shook her head. "Her dad was in an accident, and being the loyal girl she was, she stuck around a couple years to care for them while he healed and rehabilitated. He's back to working now. From what she told me, she was sad to put her education on hold for a while, but she loved working as a lawyer's assistant at a firm down here."
Klavier smiled, in awe of the kindness and hardworking spirit Y/N possessed. "She always was a sweet girl. I should stop in and see her parents while I'm down here."
Liesel nodded her head in agreement. "Here's the card she gave me," she says, passing Klavier a Christmas card she pulled out of a file cabinet.
He opened it and inspected the picture inside. His eyes widened at the picture of Y/N and her parents. She's even more radiant than she was 6 years ago, he thought to himself. Y/N had her arms around her parents as they stood in front of a Christmas tree in a town square, her face the picture of joy. The card read "Dear Aunt Liesel (She calls her aunt because she got close to her in Klavier's absence.) Merry Christmas from the L/N Family! I hope your holidays are merry and joyful! Lots of love, Y/N."

Liesel came up behind Klavier. "I asked her if she had spoken to you since you left, and she just laughed, saying she doubted you remembered her, and changed the subject. She didn't bring up Kristoph, so I doubt she knows what happened with him. I didn't want to bring down her mood, so I didn't mention anything."
Klavier turned back to Liesel. "Does she come over often?" he asked. "Unfortunately not. She was a very busy girl, taking care of her family and such. She was such a joy to have over at Christmas though." Klavier smiled, his heart feeling a bit tight. "You must be tired, dear nephew. Why don't you turn in for the night?"
Klavier smiled at his aunt. "That sounds great, thank you."