Chapter 12 : Music To My Ears

(Nobody's POV) 

Fall passed through quickly, and soon December arrived. Y/N and Klavier's relationship deepened, through many sweet dates, and visits, nights spent together, long, deep conversations. Though they didn't often talk about it, both of them were sure that the other was the person they would spend the rest of their lives with. Their families were overjoyed to hear they were dating, as Y/N's parents loved Klavier, and Aunt Liesel adored her like her own niece. It led to many phone calls with Y/N's parents that always opened with "So, how's that boyfriend of yours doing?" Arianna and her boyfriend met Klavier, and Ari played her part of the 'mom' best friend she was, by interrogating him, and then threatening to ruin his ability to have children if he ever hurt Y/N, much to his amusement, and Y/N's embarrassment, as she desperately tried to quiet Arianna.  

(Y/N's POV)

You and Arianna were set up at the living room table in front of a TV show, while doing each other's nails. You heard one of the characters in the TV show mention Klavier Gavin in a conversation about rock music (Like you'd hear Taylor Swift referenced in some shows) and couldn't hide a smile that bloomed over your face at his name. "You really got it so bad," Arianna commented, looking at your smiling face. "You think?" You reply, with a laugh "You know I can never get him out of my head. We've been dating for like 4 months now, yet there's still so many butterflies every time I see him." Arianna smiled. "I'm glad you're happy. I think you two were totally fated to be, since you knew each other as kids and stuff." she replied. You smiled, and looked down as you continued to paint Ari's nails, "Hmm..." Arianna says with a mischievous smile on her face. "Y/N Gavin... It has a nice ring to it. Should I get myself used to the idea of calling you that, Hon?" You looked up at her, a blush on your cheeks "Don't say stuff like that yet, Ari! It's still too early for that!"  Ari shurgs. "You better not get engaged before me. I've been dating my man for 6 years, and I love him to death, but God, he's so timid!" She laughs "I've known for a while I want to marry him. I can't wait until he proposes." she said, dreamily staring into the distance. "Aw, Ari. That's so romantic. I'm sure he'll propose soon! I can't wait to see you in a wedding dress. You'll be the prettiest bride in the world!" Ari laughs, a blush gracing her cheeks this time. "One of the two prettiest brides in the world," she says, batting your arm. 

(Klavier's POV.) 

Y/N snuggled into his side, gently stroking Vogel's head, which was rested on her thigh. Klavier smiled at how cute it was. Vogel had taken such a liking to Y/N that she never left her side when she came over. "Who's a good girl!?" Y/N squealed at the dog, causing her tail to thump excitedly. Klavier grabbed her hand. "Hey hey, Y/N. When do I get half the love you're giving to my dog?" he asked, smirking at her. "You mean my dog, I think she likes me best!" Y/N replies with a mischievous smile. Klavier leaned in, "You brat," he said, kissing her cheek. Y/N turned and kissed him back, and then rested her head on his shoulder. They were supposed to be watching a show, but the episode ended long ago, and they were content to just sit and talk, and play with Vogel. Y/N sighed, leaning her head on Klavier's shoulder. "What's up, baby?" he asked, softly kissing the top of her head. "Oh, nothing really, I was thinking I missed my parents. And Auntie Liesel." Klavier smiled, already anticipating this. She didn't know, but he prepared a surprise. "It just so happens, you'll get to see them quite soon, my Love." She looked up at him, eyes wide. "Really!?" She asked excitedly. Klavier nodded. "Really. I already confirmed with Arianna. You and her and David, (Ari's boyfriend) are coming back to Germany with me for the holiday break!" Y/N's eyes filled a bit, as she shifted to standing on her knees, much to Vogel's displeasure, and throwing her arms around Klavier's neck, laughing. "Oh, thank you so much, Klavier! I'm glad we'll all be going back together! I didn't want to leave and miss my first Christmas with you and Ari!" Klavier returned her embrace, squeezing her waist as always. "I'm glad you're happy, baby. I didn't want to miss you this year either." Then he remembered. "Oh! But that's not all, Y/N. Remember the party we attended 6 years as a reunion?" he asked. "Of course I remember, Klavier! It was the last time I saw you, and... the first time you kissed me..." She said, trailing off, blushing as she remembered it. "What about it?" She asked him, curiously. Klavier smiled, content with her in his arms. "There's going to be a New Year's party, same place, same people. A lot of people from our highschool will be there. It will be like old times!" He was rather excited. Klavier missed his highschool friends, and was happy to be seeing them again, this time with Y/N as his girlfriend. "Oh, and I'll be performing a song or two at the party, Fraulein. I hope you're excited to hear me sing!" Y/N laughed, "I love hearing you sing, Klavier. It's not really a novelty though being that you sing all the time. When you're cooking, cleaning, driving, working..." She trailed off. "Ach, you're right about that. But being around you always makes me want to sing!" He proclaimed, beaming at her. Y/N laughed again, and Klavier couldn't help but think that her laughter was the sweetest music he'd ever heard. 

(Klavier's POV - Later that week) 

David : Hey, Klavier, could you and Y/N offer some input on this for me?

Y/N : Of course, David! What is it? 

Klavier : Yeah, what's up?

David : I want to propose to Arianna over the Christmas break while we're in Germany, I was hoping you guys could help me coordinate a time to meet up, and also be like, my filming crew for her reaction...

Y/N OMYGOSH YES!!! DAVID IM SO PROUD OF YOU! IM LITERALLY QUIETLY SCREAMING IN MY ROOM!!!!! 

Klavier : Congratulations, man! Of course we'll help you out! I can't wait to see it! 

Y/N : I can't resist asking but have you bought a ring yet? XD

David : Ofc, I've had it for months lol

Y/N : Oh. My. Gosh. David. You've outdone yourself. It looks just like the tiara from her favorite Disney movie! 

David : Exactly! Very perceptive of you, Y/N! I had it custom made!

Y/N : It's amazing. I can't wait to see her wearing it. Oml I'm so freaking excited now. jfnkerjnjrkj

Klavier : You're getting very into the engagement ring, Y/N. Do I need to get one for you too? 😜

Y/N : 😳😳😳😳😳

Klavier : Well, I suppose I have my answer.

Y/N : kfenk

Y/N : Sorry, just dropped my phone on my face. Anyway, David, do you have any ideas for where to propose?

David : Not really, I've never been to Germany. I was hoping you two had some ideas since you lived there. 

Y/N : Klavier, do you know if they still do the tree lighting in the square for Christmas? 

Klavier : Don't see why they'd stop. They did it every year for the 17 years I was there, but I can check and confirm. 

Y/N: David, how do you feel about proposing in front of a giant glowing tree? lol

David : That actually sounds really cute. And it would be a good opportunity to get her to go out without raising suspicions. 

Y/N : Alright! We'll work on that for the time being! I gotta leave the group, bc I often lend my phone to Arianna and stuff, so I don't wanna leave this open. I'll ttyl! BTW David, I'm still so proud of you omg, im so excited for you and ari to get married bc shes gonna be so so so so so happy oml.

- Y/N left the group.

David : Have you noticed how her grammar and writing completely slips when she's excited? 

Klavier : Of course I've noticed, she's my baby. XD XD Now all that's left is to buy her a ring and propose too lol

David : You guys are a great couple. I've known Y/N for 6 years, she's a sweet girl. Ari used to make me sit in on their video calls so that she could have us get to know each other lol

Klavier : Yep, that seems like something Arianna would do. Alright, man, I gtg. I'm picking up Y/N from school. She's going to talk my ear off about weddings and proposals all the way home I bet! XD

David : I would bet on it too. TTYL dude. Thanks for the help!