Chapter 11 : Forgiveness and Coffee

(Y/N's POV)

You woke up, feeling refreshed, and smiling as the memories come flooding back to you. The door clicks open softly as Klavier walks in. "Are you awake, Darling?" he asks softly. You rolled over, smiling at him. Sitting up, you stretch your arms in his direction. "Good morning!" you say, brightly. Klavier sits at the edge of your bed, accepting your embrace, and then lifts you up out of the bed and carries you to the kitchen. He sat you down at the table, where waffles piled with berries awaited the two of you. "Wow Klavier, thank you so much! I would have helped you if you had woken me up!" you exclaim, your eyes taking in the sight of the picture perfect treats. Klavier laughed. "I've always been an early riser. I admit it was much harder to leave the bed this morning though!" he adds with a wink. You laughed mirthfully, so happy to have woken up to this wonderful person. "This is so fun, it's like we're some young married couple!" you say jokingly. Klavier looks deep into your eyes, a gentle smile on his face. "Well, that is my plan for us someday." he says, without batting an eye. Your cheeks immediately turn red at his confession, feeling slightly embarrassed that you brought it up. "Eat your waffles, Y/N! I have to take you home at some point today, unfortunately!" Klavier laughed.

Klavier dropped you off at your apartment around 8 o clock, with walking you to your door, and a quick kiss goodbye and all, like a perfect gentleman he was. You smiled as you let yourself into the apartment, watching him stride confidently down the hall, on his way to work it out at work. 

(Klavier's POV, Earlier in the Car)

"Klavier, you never told me about the argument you had with your coworker last night!" Y/N asked, turning to him. "Ach, the dispute, I almost forgot..." He rubbed the back of his neck. He began to explain the argument he had, and his previous relations to Ema. At the end of his story he sighed, frustrated. "She won't even give me a chance to change myself in her eyes! I didn't set out just to ruin Herr Wright! I didn't even know him!" He glared at the road as he kept driving. Y/N nodded thoughtfully, absorbing the story. "I think both of you need to apologize to each other. It seems like you may have not been very easy on her, since you both came in with prejudices, and Ema is irrationally mad at you because she's deeply hurt by Kristoph's actions. I can see where she's coming from. For instance, if Joshua had a younger brother, I might be reluctant to trust him, you know?" Y/N grabbed his hand. "Grab her a coffee she likes, just talk to her kindly, acknowledge her feelings, and apologize for not being understanding. If she doesn't come around, that's on her, she's leaving soon anyway. You'll have done the right thing, treating her well and respecting her feelings." Klavier smiled, hearing her words. "How'd you get to be so wise, Y/N?" he asked, smirking at her. "I read a lot of romances, honey!" she replied, brightly. "Seriously though. Just try talking to her. And I hope it puts your mind at ease a bit. Fighting with a coworker is never easy. 

(Present time, Klavier's POV)

Klavier swung in by the coffee shop he sees Ema frequenting, and grabs her whichever drink had the most chocolate in it, and plenty of caffeine for her to tackle her morning. He then texted Ema asking her to meet him in his office. He got back a curt "K" from her. He strode into his office, gently shutting the door, seeing that Ema had already taken a seat in there, and was scrolling on her phone while waiting. "Hey, Ema," he greeted gently. Her head snapped up and her eyes narrowed at him using her real name. It was always "Fraulein Detective" Or "Cloudy Skyes" from the him. He held the coffee out to her. "I got you a coffee on the way up, I hope you like this flavor," he said, with a trace of awkwardness. Her brows furrowed at him in confusion, and she checked the coffee cup before accepting it from him. "This better not be poisoned, fop." She said gruffly. Klavier chuckled, "I assure you, it's not." he replied with a smile. He cleared his throat as Ema took a tentative sip of the coffee, inspecting his face from her seat. "Ema... I owe you an apology. After thinking it over, I realized you have every right to be angry and distrusting of me, and I understand that I haven't been making your job very easy lately, as I've been difficult to work with. I just wanted you to know I'm sorry I've attacked you the way I have been lately, without thinking how it may have been hard for you as well. I sincerely hope we can reach an understanding before you leave for Europe." He finished, taking a breath, and watching Ema's face. She was chewing on the top of the straw thoughtfully, while staring at him. She seemed to be deep in thought. She finally stood up, and strode over, patting Klavier's shoulder. "I appreciate your apology, Mr. Gavin," She says gruffly, "I suppose I owe you one too. I shouldn't have said the things I did to you. I understand it's really difficult to lose your brother and best friend in the same year." She looked away, hiding her face a bit. "I don't give you enough credit for how gracefully you handle your burdens, you're a brave person, Fop." Klavier reached up, and put his hand over hers. "Thank you, Fraulein. It makes me happy to hear you say that." Ema huffs, pulling her hand away, "Yeah, well, it had to be said." she says, obviously embarrassed. She starts to walk out the door, her heels clicking on the clean tiles, "Now get back to work, Fop, you still have a lot of unfinished work!" She says with a wave over her shoulder, as she leaves, coffee in hand. 

Klavier shakes his head, listening to her receding footsteps, a smile playing on his face.