Chapter 8 : Demons

(Y/N's POV)

You sat back on the couch, dazed, after Klavier texted you goodnight. You smiled as you went over all the events that transpired that afternoon. You kissed him no fewer than 4 times, and reluctantly let him go to return to his apartment. The place felt empty without him already, and you could hardly wait for Arianna to get home at 9pm to tell her everything. You glanced at the clock, seeing it was 7:47pm. Almost one hour to go. You decided to clean up the apartment while waiting. While gathering up the dishes to return to the sink, you pass one of the mirrors hung on the wall. Pausing for a moment to inspect yourself, you noticed in shock that your formerly neat ponytail was sliding down, and your hair was sticking out in little wisps, obviously from Klavier's hand on your head as he pulled you in. Your lip gloss was smeared very slightly to the right corner of your lip, and you frowned that he didn't tell you that you had become such a mess. 
After cleaning up, you decided to get changed into your pj's and comb out your hair so Arianna wouldn't see how messy he made you look. You heard the front door click open as you're coming out of the bathroom, drying your face with a towel.

"Heyyyy Honey!!!" Arianna yells, giving you a friendly squeeze. "Ari... I can't breathe!" You break out of her grasp as a laugh. "So how'd it go, babe?" she asked, flopping down on the sofa and kicking off her heels. "Um, it went kinda amazing..." You reply, blushing a bit. Arianna smirked, "I know! I probably should have told you this sooner, but if you plan on doing the deed with him here, you should take it into the bedroom. I have survelliance in the living room. I happened to catch you and him making out not 40 minutes into his visit!" you gasped. "I turned it off quickly though, I didn't watch you the whole time, I just saw it for a second!" Arianna defends quickly. "I just wanted to see if he arrived." (A/N Ari, you're so sneaky!) "I don't plan on doing anything more than that with him right now..." you whisper, turning pink from Arianna's comment. Arianna laughed, and patted the couch beside her, indicating for you to join her. "So have you guys put a label on your relationship yet?" she asked you. In response, you decided to pull out your phone and show her the texts. "Wow, he's such a smooth talker! Bravo!" Arianna cheered, playfully batting your arm. "You need to let me meet him soon so I can make sure he's suitable for you! Can't have a repeat of Joshua, can we?" She said. You felt a pang at hearing that name. You shook your head, looking down at your knees. "Klavier is nothing like Joshua." You seethe. Arianna noticed you were upset, and rubbed your back. "I'm sorry, honey, I didn't know you were still upset over him." She wrapped her arms around your shoulders in a comforting hug. You returned her hug. "It's ok. I'm not going to let Joshua poison what I have with Klavier now," You say, determinedly. 

(Klavier's POV) 

Klavier wakes up to the ding of his phone, and grabs for it excitedly, seeing it's a message from Y/N.

Y/N 😇 : Hi, Klav! How are you this morning?

Klavier : A million times better now that I've heard from you. 😉

Y/N 😇 : 😳

Klavier : ❤️

Y/N 😇 : You said yesterday that you are going to work today right? Good luck with it! You're the best prosecutor I know! 💖💖💖

Klavier : Aww, thank you, Fraulein! I hope you have a good day at school!

Y/N 😇 : Thanks! I will!

Klavier : Remember, no falling for other boys 😆. I love you, Y/N. ❤️

Y/N 😇 : 😳☺️💖

Klavier turned off his phone, refreshed and ready to start his day, and set about getting prepared to go to the Prosecutors Office. 

He arrived a little after 9am, and walked into his office, tossing his purple jacket over the back of his leather recliner, and clicking on the monitors to his latest cases. ( A/N He handles more than one at once if you remember the game. Beats me how he doesn't get them confused!) He sits down with a sigh before jumping at the sound of his office door banging open.

"Took you long enough to get back, glimmerous fop." Ema Skye strides in, a large stack of paperwork in her hands. "Lovely to see you, too, Fraulein Detective..." Klavier sighs, looking around Ema to see if the door hit the wall and dented it. (It had not, to his relief.) Ema, cranky as usual, drops the paperwork on his desk, "Here are the results from all of the work you made me do while you went on vacation, Fop." Ema practically seethes. Klavier begins shuffling through the papers, checking the evidence for various cases. "I went to Berlin to visit my elderly Aunt. I wasn't in the Bahamas or anything. You could cut me some slack considering my brother and one of my best friend's were just incarcerated." Ema scoffed, maybe being a bit irrational herself. "Surround yourself with better people." she states. "Excuse me? Daryan was with me from the moment I came to Tokyo! And Kristoph was my brother!" He raised his voice, feeling angry and frustrated. Ema narrowed her eyes, glaring at Klavier. "You and your sleazy brother ruined people's lives. Mr. Wright was out of a job because of you, and you never seemed the least bit apologetic about it. Mr. Wright was out of a job and raising the child of his defendant all because you and your brother framed and killed Trucy's father!" She yelled. "On top of that, I've had to work for you, the man who destroyed my friend and my sister's saviour's livelihood, despite the fact I've disliked you from the beginning." She finished. Klavier glared daggers at Ema, "Don't group me in with Kristoph and his schemes. Ever since Justice helped me realize what Kristoph did, I've regretted everything I've done against Mr. Wright. I've personally apologized and been forgiven by him. You never even gave me a chance to change your mind, you came in determined to loathe me, and if nothing can change your mind, so be it. You're going back to Europe soon, anyway." Klavier dropped into his chair, and covered his eyes with his hand. "Now if you have nothing helpful to say, Ema, kindly show yourself out. I don't want my morning ruined." 

(A/N: Oh me oh my. Such drama. I want to address here, I ship Klavier with myself first and foremost, but if I didn't, I would ship him with Ema. (Klema STAN) I want to underline that I put in this heavy topic argument as a line for Ema and Klavier to vent their disputes, and add a lead in for a repentance arc from the both of them later on. I also wanted to show she was mad at him to make it very clear there was no romance between them, as Klav x Y/N is obviously the theme here. I can't deny the way Ema is in Apollo Justice. She's moody, upset, has a clear reason for disliking the Gavin family, and in the 6th game, Spirit of Justice, she's back, but much more joyful and working under a new boss. I'd like to think she makes up with Klavier somewhere between Dual Destinies, and I'm trying as hard to keep everything in canon with the games here. I.e. Klavier states that Ema is returning to Europe soon anyway. 

The timeline of this story is as follows: 

It's the year 2027. 

Klavier was born in 2002 = 25 years of age here.

Ema - 2001 = 26 years old.

Arianna and Y/N - 2004 = 24 

Y/N's Parents - 1965 = 62 

Aunt Liesel - 1958 = 69)