Chapter 10 : Pain

(A/N T/W! This chapter contains mention of sexual violence, proceed with caution! My heart sees you, and goes out to all of you survivors!) 

(Y/N's POV) 

The credits rolled, and you wiped a small tear from the corner of your eye, loving that ending as always. "Klavier?" you whispered. "Yes, my Love?" he spoke in her ear. "I think my legs are completely asleep..." You say, trying to regain some feeling in your legs. Klavier laughed, lifting you off his lap, and setting you on the couch beside him. "I believe the feeling is mutual, baby!" he exclaimed. He stood up, turning off the tv and folding and putting away the blanket. You immediately missed having him next to you, and stood up swiftly to follow, but your legs gave out quickly as you stood up. Klavier caught you just before you fell down, lifting you up and carrying you to the kitchen. 

"Do you want to help me make some dinner for us, Fraulein?" He asked, opening a stocked fridge (Klavier actually loved cooking for himself. He spends a lot of time watching cooking videos on YouTube.) "Oh my, of course!" you excitedly agreed. You and Arianna didn't cook very often, opting instead to heating up leftovers or ordering takeout. The prospect of a homecooked meal got you greatly excited. Klavier set you down beside him, and began taking ingredients out of the fridge. "Do you still like (your/favorite/food) like you did years ago?" he asked you. Your eyes sparkled, touched that he remembered. "Do I ever! I can't believe you remembered. What did I ever do to deserve a boyfriend like you?" Klavier turned around and embraced you suddenly, kissing your temple. "You're deserving of the best of the world, Y/N. I don't come close, but I'll strive to be the best for you. I just wish I had gotten to you before that bastard did." He whispered into your hair, his arms suddenly clenching you tightly. You pulled back and looked at him in shock. "You know about my ex? Joshua?" you asked, confused. "Your mom told me about your relationship when I visited her." God, was there anything your mom didn't tell him?

"You said his name was Joshua?" Klavier inquired, curiously, his mind starting to connect the dots, "Joshua what?" he gripped your hips, searching your face seriously, "Joshua Barnes..." you said slowly, "Klavier...?" She could see his arms trembling, his face filled with rage, "Klavier, what's wrong? You're freaking me out." Klavier leaned down, gripping your shoulders and getting at eye level with you so he could address you. "Y/N, did he ever do anything to you, are you ok? Did that bastard hurt you?" he asked, his eyes focused on your face. You looked down, at his blonde hair over his shoulder, at his shiny necklace, anywhere but his face. You could tell him, right? It's been four years. This man loves you and is looking out for you. You wrestled with yourself, your turmoil showing clearly on your face. "Oh God," Klavier breathed, looking at your troubled expression. "Baby, you can tell me," he crooned, leaning in closer, and stoking her cheek, trying to keep his rage in check. You looked back up at him, a tear running down your face. He wiped it away with his thumb as you spoke quietly. "We dated for about a year, at one point, we were together in his apartment, he-" You choked on the words, embarrassed to say them. Klavier stroked your face. "It's ok" he whispered. "He... tried to take me, forcefully. I screamed at him and left him quickly, running out of his apartment and heading home... I was so scared..." You sniffled. "He texted me immediately afterwards, telling me he was so sorry, that he thought I would be ok with it, that he felt awful, begging for a second chance. I know now he was probably just trying to cover his ass, but I was naive, I forgave him. I broke up with him finally after I found him in bed with my friend, Emily."

 You looked back in Klavier's eyes, finally finished with the story. "You're the only person I've told besides Arianna. It would have devastated my parents that they couldn't protect me better if they knew." Klavier leaned into you, pulling your face into his neck. "I'm sorry you had to go through that..." He choked out, his voice thick with emotion, burying his face in your hair. Something nagged in your mind still... "Klavier...? Why did you recognize Joshua's name?" you asked. Klavier went stiff in your arms suddenly. "It's not important right now, baby, why don't we finish dinner?" he asked, trying to change the subject. "Klavier! Please tell me!" you gripped his arm. Klavier sighed deeply, rubbing his hands down his face. "He was the defendant in a case I prosecuted a couple years ago. He assaulted and abused his fiancee, Emily Stone. He pled innocent, but I had enough evidence against him, and he was declared guilty and sentenced to 6 years in prison, but got out in 4 on good behavior, the bastard." It felt like your limbs turned to ice, the atmosphere in there becoming suffocating. Poor Emily was just as much a victim as you were, if not more. You silently vowed to reach out to her one day. Klavier shook you gently out of your thoughts. "Let's have dinner, Y/N." he whispered softly. 

(Klavier's POV) 

Y/N had been quiet throughout dinner, her usual perky attitude banished under the weight of her trauma. This girl has been through so much, yet she still stands so strong, Klavier thought, admiringly. He glanced at his watch as he stood up, taking the plates and utensils to the sink, and washing up the kitchen. It was almost 11pm. He looked over at Y/N. She was sitting at the table, quietly texting her housemate, Arianna. "Y/N." he addressed her softly. Her head snapped up to look at him "Yeah, Klavier?" she asked. "Stay the night?" he asked her gently. Her face looked conflicted. "It's pretty late, I'd like to avoid driving if I could, of course I will if you want me to. I think the both of us could benefit from each other's presence tonight." he cleared his throat. "Don't worry, my Love. I won't do anything you're not absolutely certain you're ready for. We'll just sleep." Her serious face softened into a pretty smile, as she looked up at him. "Yeah, I'll stay. Thank you, Klavier," she whispered softly. He led her into the bedroom. "Can I borrow a shirt for the night?" She asked shyly. Klavier hid a smile, excited at the idea of her in his shirt. "Of course! He said, pulling out a simple black tee shirt from his drawer and passing it to her. She went into the bathroom to wash up and change, while he changed in the bedroom. He pulled his shirt over his head as he heard a voice behind him, "Klavier?" He spun around to see her standing there, wearing his t-shirt, it coming down to mid-thigh on her. He strode over, placing his hands on her waist, checking her expression to make sure she was ok, and lifted her up in the air over his head, laughing, and brought her down, still carrying her, and tucked her against his shoulder. She laughed, exhilarated. "No one's done that with me since I was like, 7, Klavier!" she giggled. "I'm glad I could take you back to your childhood then, baby," he said, feeling her soft hair on his cheek. He carried her over to the window, and they gazed down at the city, glowing in the dark below them. "For what it's worth, Klavier, I think it's been a good first date." She said, leaning into his neck. "Really? That makes me happy to hear." he purred, stroking her hair. He closed the blackout curtains, and set Y/N down in bed, and laid down beside her. She snuggled up in the pillows, facing him. Her eyes popped open, her beautiful e/c irises glowing in the dark room. "I love you, Klavier." She said, leaning forward, "May I?" she asked, shyly. "But of course, my Love," Klavier smiled, leaning in too. She pressed her lips against his, kissing him softly, pushing herself up to get some leverage, she leaned down and deepened the kiss. Klavier sighed deeply, reaching up and wrapping his hands around her to pull her in deeper. They kissed for a couple minutes, relishing the feel of each other's warmth, and the exhilaration. They finally broke it off to take a breather. Klavier looked into her eyes, and kissed her again, quickly on the lips, before flipping onto his side and pulling her into his chest. "You need to sleep now, Y/N. You have school tomorrow, and I need to take you home early so you can get ready!" Y/N chuckled softly in the dark. "Goodnight, Klavier.".

"Goodnight, my sweet Y/N."