Chapter 17

Noma

I woke up when I heard the sound of my alarm soundly go off. It was a bit chilly outside so I struggled to get myself out of bed, but I did. I walked up to the window and stared outside for a little while just taking in the scene.

It looked really beautiful out there. I could see the lake from a distance as the reflection of the clouds glistened on the water. I could hear children laughing and having fun while some wolves accompanied them making sure they were okay and happy.

I later heard a knock on the door making me jump as I was pulled away from my trance. I opened the door quickly expecting Xander, but some guy was there instead. He wore a white long sleeve shirt and plain black jeans. He had brown eyes quite like mine and black silky hair.

His lip curved into a smile as he greeted me. "Good morning miss Jade? I'm Dylan, the pack's beta. I hope you slept well." He said.

"Hi Dylan? I'm Jade and I slept well by the way. Thanks for asking." I said with a smile. "Beta huh?" I asked.

"That means in the pack's second in command." He explained immediately. "Ohh, I see." I simply said and smiled awkwardly.

Second in command? I could feel that somehow. I could feel power oozing from him. Not as much as I feel with Xander though, that's a different story. Something felt... Familiar about this Dylan guy.

"Uhm.... Would you like to see the Alpha or just skip to breakfast?" He asked.

"Take me to him first." I said, "alright, right this way." He said making way for me.

I walked with Dylan to the other part of the third floor. This part looked so organized and empty. There weren't any doors scattered all over the hall. Only a few could be seen.

Dylan stopped at a beautiful mahogany door and I could somehow instantly tell that it was Xander's room. Also cause I could smell him miles away.

He knocked only twice and after a few seconds, the door opened revealing a sleepy, swollen faced Xander who seemed to have just been woken up. Hot damn.

He pretended to not notice me but I know he did. "Dyl? What did I tell you about waking me up so early in the morning?" He said in a hoarse tone.

"Forgive me Alpha, I just thought you might want to see our guest here." He said. "Oh, how thoughtful of you Dylan. You just earned yourself a day off." Said Xander, "really?" Asked poor Dylan, "yes. A day off from free taunts that is." Said Xander as he laughed.

"Enh, I'll take what I can get." Said Dylan before he laughed too. "I'll leave you two alone now." Said Dylan before he left.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Come in already." Said Xander before walking back to his bed making me follow behind him.

"Ok want to know." I said. "Know what?" He asked, "why my eye color changed." I said and he laughed.

You know I could tell you, or I could show you.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for next chapter (promise it will be longer).