chapter 9

Xander

I am still wondering how that rogue escaped, it's almost impossible to escape silver. I can't sit here and do nothing, those rogues might prove to be a bigger threat than i thought, i think i should go on a rogue hunt, maybe he didn't get that far.

I mind-link dylan and josh to come with, dylan replys instantly with a ' you're not letting this go are you? Be there in a bit, hopefully i 'won't' take my precious time' and josh replys after a good 5mins with a ' yes alpha'. In the hurry i was in due to impatience, i left without them, they would catch up.

I go into the woods where that vermin disappeared into thin air, i look around and smell the air until i get a scent and before i can follow it, i spot a black and dark brown wolf coming my way, it's dylan and josh. I mind link them

" took you long enough, what were you doing anyway, picking out something to wear, putting on your expensive make-up and wearing your fanciest perfume? I 'm so sorry, did i forget to tell you we're not going on a date" that was actually funnier than i thought. Dylan mind links me "  oh, ha ha real funny you little piece of shit" he pounces on me and i mind link him " baby, i'm sorry it just sliped my mind, please don't hurt me now",
He was about to hurt me when josh mind linked us " could you two just stop it and focus on what we came here to do. Alpha did you find anything "

As correct as what he said is i'm not happy cause one, i don't like being told what to do and two, i'm usually the the one who tells people to focus cause i'm always focused so he kinda stole my thing here. I mind them both " uh, i got a scent somewhere near those trees, and if i'm not mistaken, there'er some blood stains over there as well"  they both look around and once again the little piece of crap josh took my thing " then what are we waiting for, lets follow the scent" josh links, okay i've had enough of this kid so i pounce on him and link him

" look, i get that you hate rogues as much as i do and you would be happy to find this one and kill him, but that doesn't mean you can give me orders okay. I'm not like those scaredy cats that demand respect cause they're alphas, alpha or not i want respect and never ever tell me what to do or else i'll rip your heart out and chew it right in your face"

" okay, if you're done threatening the kid now, can we go find the rogue before he gets too far" dylan links me, i nod my grey wolf's head and we all start looking for the rogue.

******************
It's been 14 hours now, i'm still following the scent but i'm running  in circles, the squads gave up 6 hours ago, i sent josh back to the pack house to handle some things while dylan and i weren't there about 2 hours ago and dylan has been siting on a tree for an hour asking me the same question he just asked " find anything yet" and i keep on answering the same way i did just now " nothing" i go behind a  tree to shift back to human form and put on the clothes that were left behind by the squads.

I join dylan on the tree and he says " why do you want to find him so bad, huh? He's long gone now", i look at him with a tired expresion on my face "i'm not trying to find him, i'm trying to find his hidout", i say " can't you just call it a day, i mean, you' ve tried following the scent and it keeps taking you back to the place you stared, can't you see that this was his plan all along? to confuse us", dylan, " i see that, but if he ran around in circles, he must have used another path to get out of the circle and that's exactly what i'm looking for" i say as if stating the obvious " you make a good point, but you already tried, look, i'm hungry okay, and it's 11:38pm, we've been doing this for fourteen hours straight and no food, aren't you hungry?" Dylan complains, i chuckle and say " i spent 8 freaking years alone, and and i spent part of that without food so, kinda used to it", he looked at me shocked " no wonder why you're in good shape" he says and i chuckle once again " yeah chuby, anyway, let me just check one last time before we head to the pack house", i say " urgh, fine" he agreed " um, i got a scent near the lake, we should go check it out" i say " um, okay but please lets not shift, let run in human form but with wolf speed instead" he says " okay, race you there" i say then ran and dylan follows behind me.

We get to the lake and the scent is extremly strong so there's no need to shift to wolf form. We both smell the air to where the scent is strongest and dylan picks up the scent and follows it but i pick up a weak scent but it's so addictive and familiar, then it hits me, this is my mate's scent, i can finally track her down and konw which pack she's from. " darn it, the scent just vanished after reaching the lake" fylan says interrupting my thoughts " what? " i ask " the scent, it's no longer here"he says " how's that possible?" i ask " i don't know" he replys "are you sure?" I ask " yeah, you can try if you think i'm lying. I guess we're going to the pack house then" he says, i smell the air one more time and say " you go ahead, i'll catch up", he looks at me with a confused expression " did you pick up a scent?" He asks " yes, and let's just say this one i more special than the one we were looking for earlier" i say and as i am about to run, dylan grabs my hand and says " wait, i have to know more" " i'll tell you when i get back, okay" i say and he nods then i start running while following her scent.

I' m surprised that her scent leads me to the human town right across the western woods. I' m lead to a house just a few miles away from the woods and the lights from the room were the scent was strongest had just turned off, my princess was going to bed. So i made my way up the balcony and opened the sliding door, i walked near her bed when she pounced on me, due to reflexes, i pushed on to the bed but keeping in mind that she's my mate, i pushed her only slightly and started laughing at her useless attempt then turn on the bedside table lamp.

She looks at me with wide eyes, and says " xander" then hold her hand on her mouth realising she shouted my name. " what are you doing here" she whispers harshley " didn't i tell you to expect me, well here i am" i whisper to reply her question " well i ......i thought...." I cut her off " you thought i wasn't coming, i told you i'd find you, i kept my promise" i say and she looks at me with fury "why are you so angry" i ask " cause you....you scared me okay, i thought someone was here to attack me " she says , as she was heading for the desk i grab her hand and pull her close to my chest, i push some stray strands of hair from her face to the back of her ear, look her straight in the eye and say " my cute little mate, you should know that for as long as i'm your mate nothing and no one will ever hurt you, this i promise you" we stay locked in each others eyes util we hear a knock on the door and a woman shouts "jade, jade honey are you okay, i heard some sounds coming from here".

" oh no, my mom"  she whispers and i whisper back " forget that, your name is jade, how horrible" she gasps and looks at me with anger " well excuse me, but thats my name you're talking about and for the record, jade is a precious stone so how's it horrible" she whispers harshley " cause names like diamond, ruby, amber and jade just don't suit girls as pretty as you, precious stone names are garbage" i whiper back " as much as i want to accept that compliment, you just called my name garbage" she whispered " jade are you okay, please open the door i know you're not asleep" say jade's mom " oh no , i forgot about mom, please leave" she whispers with a plea "alright i will, on one condition" i say " whatever it is just say it and leave" she says " let me give you a different name and you respond to it every time i call you" i state " what? no"  she whispers back " okay then i'll stay here until your mom find her way in" i say " don't do this to me, please just go" she says " only after i can call you what i WANT" i say, the last word was loud enough for her mom to hear " jade, is someone in there with you? Okay that's it, i'm getting the spare key" he mom says, " you did that on purpose didn't you" she asks " yes, now give me what want" i say " oh.........um.....fine" she finally gives in then i kiss her cheek and say goodbye then the door opens, but luckily, i got out in time through the balcony. I immedeatly got mind linked by dylan and he says " where ever you are stay there for some time, rogues are outside the pack territory, there's too many of them, don't get coky cause that's how i lost my sister remember." I curse at how he knows the words to use for me to obey what he says.

**********************
Hey, hey, hey readers, as promised, another chapter is out and it long, maybe too long, if you think it's too long then forgive me, i got so caught up in this chapter and i love it soooo much hope you love it.
Thanks to all of you, you're my motivation.
I never thought i'd reach even 5 chapters but thanks to you guy i did, come on guys, motivate your girl by voting and commenting, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.
I love you guys so much, thank you once again.

Tiikko