♥ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞 ♥

I didn't hear from any of the boys for almost another three weeks, which hurt a lot. I felt like I had been left behind in England with a baby to care for, and neither John nor Paul cared.

I suspected that it might be easier if I had friends who I could spend some time with, but I had no idea who I might make friends - or, for that matter, who would be my friend without trying to get to one of the Beatles.

I had left Julian with the babysitter for the day, because I wanted to go and make a friend... but I realised that I had not even the faintest idea on how to make one.

I sat down on a bench and put my head in my hands, pouting because I truly felt so lost.

And because it was 24th February, George's birthday. He was twenty-one... and I couldn't even phone him because I didn't have the number for the boys' hotel room.

"Are you alright?" I jumped at the voice, immediately sitting bolt upright and taking a few seconds to compose myself and hold back my tears before I turned to my right and saw a very pretty blonde sitting beside me with a wide smile and gorgeous eyes. "I'm Jenny," she held out her hand to me.

I took her hand, shaking it as I replied, "I'm Emeraude...Em to my friends."

Jenny beamed, "it's nice to meet you." She paused, "are you okay? You looked quite -"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered hurriedly, wiping the stray tear from my face and hoping that she hadn't noticed... but of course, she had. She raised her eyebrow at me, and I found myself just spilling everything, "my, um, brother went off to America for a tour with his band - and my fiance is in the band, too. I'm nearly six months pregnant and my feet are killing me, I have no idea what to get my ex-boyfriend - who just so happens to be my best friend - for his twenty-first birthday, and on top of all of that, I've got care of an almost one-year-old who isn't really my son but might as well be, and I have no idea what to do with him because I can't leave my house because there are girls crowding at the gates every hour of every single day."

Jenny's eyes were wide when I had finished, but it didn't look like she was judging me... or pitying me, which was something that I definitely did not want.

After a few seconds of processing everything that I had said, she just smiled. "Would you like to come to my sister's with me for some tea?"

I just nodded and let her help me to stand up before she led me away from the busy street.

* * * * *

Jenny didn't bother knocking on the door of the block of flats. Instead, she just turned the handle and took my bag for me, helping me up the stairs to the top flat and making sure that I was okay before she knocked on the door of the flat. It opened almost immediately, and she went in first, beckoning me after her.

A blonde girl with rather large teeth opened the door and was talking to Jenny, her eyes flickering over to me every few seconds before she took a deep breath and turned to me, "I'm Pattie, Jenny's sister. You must beEm?"

I nodded, "yeah, um, hi. It's nice to meet you -"

"I'm sorry about your fiance, and, um, your brother." She paused, but didn't give me enough time to reply. "Why don't you come in? I've just put the kettle on."

She turned and disappeared and I waited for Jenny to lead me inside.