2/Library lunch

September 28- 12:34 pm - Monday

Karl was dragging me the whole time, his hand interlocked with mine as we speed walked to the library. Karl had this determined look on his face as we walked, his tongue sticking out of his mouth just a little, something I've noticed he does often.

The lockers change from a light blue to green as we walk through the halls. We walk past the cafeteria entrance and I can see my group in the middle. I see George and Dream chatting while Eret's helping Wilbur with homework. 

Eventually we get to the library, we open the clear doors and go inside. The room inside is so much different than the doors, you know those libraries in fantasy novels? with the dark oak wood and balconies, and those ladder's that move around? Ya ours is like that, and if I'm honest, it's probably the best place in this entire school. It's better than our massive gym and music room. Better than our massive football field that always has food trucks on game days. I bet you, even people who don't like reading, still think this is the best place on the school grounds.

Karl finally lets go of my hand when he starts talking with the school librarian, Ms. Puffy. I think that's her name, I'm never really in the library so I don't talk with her much. Though it turns out Karl knows her pretty well, he and his other friends hang out here normally so they talk with her more often than I thought.

" Hi Ms. Puffy!" Karl states.

Ms. Puffy looks up from her computer and gives a warm smile, her hair, a giant white poof somehow not in her face. Her captain hat on the side of the counter. For some reason she decided that captain hat's are in right now.( they really aren't.) She's wearing a red sweater and this really pretty necklace with goat horns on it.

" Hi, Karl and N-Sapnap," Ms. Puffy says, almost saying my real name. You see, Sapnap's not my real name, and I really don't like the real one so everyone ( even teachers) call me Sapnap. Even though that decision was only made last year lots of people have gotten used to my new 'name', and I'm thankful for that.

I wave, not really feeling like talking.

" What can I do for you two boy's today?" She asks.

" Well, we're wondering if you have a soulmate section? We kinda need to do some research." Karl says to her.

"Oh the soulmate history sections on the far left, you should be able to see a sign when you get close enough." she answers.

We thank her and start walking over to the section. Once we get there we get straight to work, looking for something in any of the books that would help explain the situation to us. 

Karl grabs a bunch of random books and places them on the ground, he then sits down and starts skimming through them. So I follow his lead, I grab a bunch of random books and sit down to get to work. 

The first book I grab is a plain red one, on the inside the titles there in bold and it says ' The start of soulmates.'  I flip through the pages till I get to the first chapter.

' We normally hear our soulmate's through the headphones that were wearing, but have you ever wondered how we knew before headphones were made? Well I'm here to answer that! I have done my extended research and have found the answer.' 

I skim through the rest of the book learning stuff we should probably have in our school curriculum, I honestly think they should change that to be more in our times. I put the book down not finding anything important, picking up a new book. This goes on for a while longer till Karl squeaks. 

" You okay?" I ask. 

"Yep, I'm fine, wait, come look at this." He says. 

I give him a look of concern, then shift my way over to him. He then puts a book into my hands and tells me to start reading out loud.

" Um okay.." I take a deep breath and start reading .

" There can also be rare occurrences in the soulmate system for example, some people can have two soulmate's. Though this is a really rare thing, it can happen. Normally when people have two soulmate's they meet one first and they think they're just soulmates, but then they start hearing music when they're first soulmate doesn't have headphones in."   

" Wait, so do you think?"  I start.

" Do I think we have another soulmate? yes, I do," He tells me. " I mean that's the only realistic reason." 

"Three people being soulmates? I didn't even know that was possible." I mumble just loud enough for Karl to hear me.

" I didn't know either." He states, clearly in thought. 

He opens his mouth and closes it. Then opens it again and starts talking. " What happens if we meet our other soulmate? Will we fall out of love with each other?" 

I shake my head, this is Karl we're talking about, I've had a crush on him for years, compared to this human we've never met before? Ya no way I'm ever falling out of love with him. 

" No." Is all I say to answer, but he knows that I mean it. 

" Well, I guess we found out the answer to our problem." Karl say's while getting up from the floor and putting the books back. 

I go and help him before we leave for the cafeteria. We still have ten minutes before lunch is over and neither of us have had lunch, so we're both pretty hungry. We walk out of the library doors and head inside the cafeteria one. All of our friends are still at the table. 

They look over to us, Dream giving me a smirk. " Shut up, it's not like that." I tell him, giving him a slight frown.

" What's wrong? What happened?" He asks. He always knows when something's wrong, he can read me like a book. 

" Nothing, just some soulmate stuff." Karl tells the group as we finally sit down. 

" Please don't tell me you guys are actually not soulmates somehow." I hear Eret say. 

" No no! Nothing like that, it's actually like the opposite." I answer while shaking my head.

I give Karl a look asking for permission to tell them. I would only tell them if he was also comfortable with it. He gives me a small nod and grabs my hand, holding it and giving me a slight squeeze. 

" Today in math class I heard a song, thinking Karl turned on his music. I looked over to him to see no headphones being used. He also looked up to me thinking I had headphones on but I didn't either." I take a breath seeing everyone having their full attention on me. " We talked, finding out we both heard the song; bubblegum bitch if you were wondering, and went to the library to figure it out. Turns out we might have another soulmate." 

I saw George and Wilbur's eyes open, "Is-is that even possible?" Wilbur asks.

" Apparently it is." Karl said quietly, probably still swallowing the information as well.

" We'll that's hella cool." I hear Eret say, trying to lighten the mood. " I mean, you don't just have one person to love, you have two." 

" Ya but still, our relationship is not really welcomed as it is, with us being two men dating, what are people gonna think when we have a third person in our relationship?" Karl adds.

I hadn't even thought about that. Sure there were people who wholeheartedly supported us, but there were some people who didn't, and I've never even heard of someone with two soulmates. What were people gonna think? Some of the people that do support us could stop because we have a second soulmate. 

" So who gives a shit? As long as you're happy, who cares? I sure as hell don't." Dream say's.

He was right, but I can't deal with all the stares and mean remarks I already get. How was I gonna deal with more?

~***~

1403 words.