6/ New kid

Hey guys sorry for all the confusion with canceling the book. Turns out Quackitys okay with cannon shipping and Karlnapity is cannon so we all good. Anyway again so sorry for the confusion and hope you enjoy it.

Also thanks to @karlnappogg for telling me this.

~~~***~~~

Tuesday - October 17 - 7:22am

~~~***~~~

Red, orange and yellow leaves fall around me. My fingerless gloves holding a small cup of coffee, making my hands just a little warmer in the cold autumn air. My scarf that my mom forced me to wear slowly falling off my neck. The school's building comes into view as my feet trudge forward.

I've always hated walking to school, my legs sore from walking up the massive hill. My school is on top of a hill and my house is all the way down that said hill, so it's always a pain to walk to school.

It's been a week sense the news Quackity gave us. He's been quite busy getting ready to move, at least that's what he says when he turns down my invitation to play video games. Quackity has been super secretive about the whole thing and it is honestly killing me to know if he's coming to the same school as me and the gang.

Soon I'm walking with the rest of the moody high schoolers, but I don't care I have my toons blasting in my ears. Hoping Karl and the other soulmate are enjoying some scorey. The song storm to be exact. Karl would disapprove of the song if he were here, this type of song just not his taste in music. But does that stop me? No.

Without realizing I make it inside the school, following the body's through the halls till I reach my locker. Doing the code with muscle memory I open it, place my bag in and grab my math binder. I sign, math the subject I suck at. I close my locker to see Dream leaning on the locker beside mine. I jumped, him clearly scaring me.

He laughs. "Ha scaredy cat."

"Am not." I fake pout.

"Hey that might work on Karl but not on me." He says. Moving so his whole back is onto the locker beside me. "Did you hear there's a new student?"

I freeze, a new kid? What if it's- no it's probably just some crazy coincidence. "That's cool, know anything about them?" I ask, knowing I sound kinda stalkerish.

"Uh... I think they're a guy, but other than that, no." Clay answers, a clear smile on his face.

"Why do you look so happy?" The question comes out before I can stop myself.

He just smiles more as an answer. Now normally I wouldn't be worried, but Dream almost never smiles this bright.

"Are you high?" I question him.

He stands up and looks at me. "What? No!"

"Then why are you so happy?" I ask again.

He signs then starts talking. "Okay promise you'll not judge?"

"Why would I judge? You're my best friend of years, when have I ever judged you?" I tell him.

"When I ate gram crackers with ketchup that one time." Dream says.

"We'll you deserved that judge! That was fucking disgusting!" I tell him.

"It wasn't that bad." He mumbles just loud enough for me to hear.

"Gross." I say after I fake gag.

"Anyway, as long as it's not a terrible food combination then I won't judge." I say.

He looks into my eyes for a while before speaking. "I heard my soulmate."

My mouth falls open. "Really!? That's wonderful!" I say excitedly.