2. ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴏɴᴇꜱ

Since I can't be with you right now,

I will have to be content just dreaming about when we will be together again.

"How's your girl doing?", Draken asked Mikey while they entered the building

"Same old same old", he sighed. "But she'll get better, just wait and see", Mikey smiled while taking a seat opposite Draken.

Mikey, being the optimist he was, truly believed Y/n would eventually recover and rarely showed any signs of weakness. But Draken noticed because of his great scrutiny that Mikey did in fact have one single weakness and that was Y/n. He would infrequently talk about her around people other than Draken himself and others he was close with in fear that his interrelation with Toman, other gangs and other delinquents could result in Y/n getting hurt.

"Why aren't you eating?", Draken asked.

"I'm not hungry", Mikey responded while shrugging his shoulders and pouting a bit.

But of course, Draken understood Mikey better than that and knew that it wasn't the case.

"Here you go Mikey, your flag", Draken said while placing a small flag on top of his food.

"Way to go Ken-chin!"

—————————————

As Mikey gently opened the door to Y/n's hospital room, the two males were met with Y/n painting Mitsuya's nails, the two looking at Mikey and Draken as if they've just committed a crime.

Mitsuya and Y/n have been best friends for as long as they can remember and she perceives him as an ideal older brother.

"Nice aren't they", Y/n signed as she smiled, referring to Mitsuya's now black nails.

"Thank you", Mitsuya responded without signing in fear of smudging his newly painted nails. He never asked for his nails to be painted it's just he wanted to make his best friend happy especially because she may not have much longer to live.

Y/n could lip read very well, in fact she loved it. Whilst she is not familiar with words that aren't used on a daily basis, she is still learning.

"You're next Manjiro", Y/n signed while prompting Mikey to come over beside her.

Y/n never called him by his alias Mikey. Reason being that she associated that name with Toman and she unreservedly did not like the concept of gangs or the fact that Mikey was the leader of Toman. She did not want Mikey fighting all the time and coming back with wounds and bruises, but she understood that Toman was like family to him and she did not want to take that away from him.

They were hopeless romantics after all.

Y/n put her hand out in front of her chest causing Mikey to stop in his tracks.

"Did you bring the goods?", she signed with hopeful eyes. She was referring to the Taiyaki he'd promised. In a manner of speaking, it was her highlight of the day..or was going to be.

Mikey flinched at the mention of the treat he forgot to bring. He hesitantly started signing words explaining how it completely slipped his mind and that he would make it up to her.

Y/n furrowed her brows and pouted her lips - almost like a feeble child - while she averted her gaze from the blondie.

"Will you do mine now Taka-chan?", Y/n signed while wholly ignoring Mikey in result of his forgetfulness. She was initially going to ask Mikey to do her nails but his actions set about a change of plans.

"Forgive me Y/n pleasee", Mikey started whining like a little child whilst clasping his hands in front of him, earning a shake of the head from the girl which Draken and Mitsuya just laughed at.

They were all enjoying each other's company and were sincerely having fun..

But how long will this fun last exactly?

A/N: Make sure to vote and have a great day/ peaceful night <3

Author out

Word count: 664 wordsDate: 10/6/21

Date: 10/6/21