7. ᴍᴏᴇʙɪᴜꜱ

Your love fills my heart...

...with abundant bliss

"Can you lip read", he asked, earning a nod from the girl

"Right well I can't sign so..", Y/n responded by bringing out her phone and opening up notes and typed out the words 'i'll type to you then'.

"Right, so what's your name?", he inquired as he rested his elbows on his knees.

'You're friends with Manjiro but don't know my name?', she slightly chuckled.

What was he supposed to say? He didn't want to scare the girl and say that he wasn't a friend of Mikey's but instead one of Moebius' leaders. She would surely cause a ruckus.

"Ah, we haven't seen each other for a while and only reunited a few days ago", he mentioned. He had a smug look on his face. Almost proud of himself for coming up with a believable excuse.

"How long have you been together?".

Not to say that he really cared but just to keep her occupied typing while he caught quick glances of her body. Some could say for being only sixteen, she had an amazing body. Though she never cared about that even when she wasn't sick, she never wore revealing clothes specifically. She just wore what made her happy. He was also scheming. What exactly could he do to make Mikey despair. That was all he wanted. To see the look of anger and sorrow etched onto his face.

Even if it looked like this was all Hanma's doing, Tetta Kisaki was the real one pulling the strings. His true objective was to take everything dear from Mikey, to strip him of his happiness, to destroy his life. Hanma only allies himself with the man for the exhilaration.

He was interrupted by noises of commotion coming from outside her room which he assumed was his queue to leave.

"Talk to you later", Hanma smirked, hopping back out the window leaving Y/n confused as to why he left so abruptly. She shrugged it off and put her phone down to go to sleep until she saw the door slam opened by none other than Mikey.

Y/n smiled at the sight of him while Mikey on the other hand was in a panicked state, trying to catch his breath from how much he had just ran. He ran up to her bed and pulled her into a tight hug, her head resting on his chest.

He had nearly broken his promise.

Y/n was bemused by his actions but still, she hugged him back.

He quickly pulled back to sign.

"Someone was here, am I right?", he asked. He was trying to say it in a way that wouldn't frighten or terrorise the feeble girl.

"Yeah! He was really nice and said that he was an old friend of yours but how come you never told me about him?", she signed obliviously.

She clearly didn't understand the situation she was in. Mikey couldn't help but be slightly angry at Y/n for not being more cautious but now wasn't the time to scold her. He had just barged into the hospital and ran past a lot of nurses. As much as he wanted to stay, he was stuck for time and also wanted to catch up to Hanma.

"Listen Y/n, if you ever see him again then call me right away ok?", he sighed hastily. Y/n nodded and with that, he placed a quick kiss on her forehead and headed after Hanma.

She still didn't understand why Mikey wanted her to keep away from one of his old friends but she trusted him so naturally she wasn't going to go against his wishes.

———————————

"Kenny was stabbed?", she signed.

She was shocked that someone as tough as Draken could sustain such a bad injury. She frowned from hearing the news but was glad he was still alive.

"The man last night...did he tell you his name?", Mikey asked. He had failed to catch up with Hanma last night.

She only shook her head from side to side.

The blondie sighed. "What ever happened to stranger danger??", he signed, laughing lightly. It was no laughing matter. In fact his laugh was forced. He wanted to soften the situation as much as he could.

"He said he was a friend of yours though", she signed back.

Mikey gritted his teeth at this, how he deceived her into thinking they were 'friends'. He clenched his fists to calm himself down and breathed out.

"He's a dangerous man Y/n. He's a part of Moebius".

Softening the situation? There was no way she would take him seriously if he didn't speak so straightforwardly.

Her eyes widened at his words. She greatly feared the infamous gang because of all the things Mikey had told her they have done. She felt her heart beat slightly faster thinking about the fact that Hanma could have killed her if he wanted to last night.

And he was going to come back again tonight. She just knew it.

A/N: make sure to vote and have a great day/ peaceful night <3

Author out

Word count: 880 wordsDate: 4/7/21         (D/M/Y)

Date: 4/7/21
(D/M/Y)