14. ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ

The deepest pain she ever felt...

..was denying her own feelings to make everyone else comfortable.

was denying her own feelings to make everyone else comfortable

[flashback]

"You're such a sore loser", Mikey scoffed at an angry Baji who'd been complaining for the past twenty minutes.

"I'm not! You lost not me!", he urged. That was an absolute lie he didn't win anything.

"Yeah yeah keep telling yourself that..", he playfully rolled his eyes as he came to a sudden halt after hearing small sobs nearby.

"Hear that?", Mikey followed the sound, Baji following not to far behind him and as they turned a corner, they were met with a small girl- who they assumed to be their age- sitting on the park swings by herself.

She hugged a tattered notebook close to her chest while her gaze was fixated on the ground before her, small whimpers escaping her lips.

"Hey! Why're you crying?", Baji shouted as he walked up to the girl. She gasped, having been startled by the black haired boy.

Mikey slapped his forehead and sighed from his friend's straightforwardness and grabbed his shoulder.

"That's not how you talk to someone you idiot! See? Now you scared her", he went to sit down on the vacant swing beside her and gave her a smile.

"What's your name?", he asked.

The h/c haired girl only responded by turning her head away from the two and held her notebook tighter.

"And i'm the one who scared her", Baji said sarcastically as he leaned on the side of the swings.

"I'll go first then. I'm Mikey and this idio— I mean this is Baji", Mikey introduced himself and Baji.

The young girl turned her head slowly to face them and wiped her tear stained face.

Upon opening her notebook, she grabbed the pen that was stuffed inside it and wrote her name.

'I'm Y/n'.

Baji and Mikey tilted their heads in confusion.

"You can't talk?", Baji asked. Y/n shook her head and wrote.

'I can but if I did you wouldn't be able understand me very well unless I spoke very slowly so I use this to talk with my mom, dad and other people who can't sign. I'm deaf.'

"Ohh", Baji said and Mikey nodded in understanding. "Then how can you tell what we're saying?", he added.

'I can lip read'.

"And also why were you crying earlier?", Mikey asked.

The two boys noticed that her mood had completely changed again after that question.

She fumbled with the paper before deciding to tell them.

She flicked back a few pages and the page she stopped on was completely ripped out, only a tiny section remained which wrote three words:

I hate you.

She showed the two before she started crying again.

'My mom wrote that', she scribbled down.

Then she rolled up the sleeve of her right hand to reveal her arm had been bedecked with multiple bruises.

'My dad did this'

The two boys were utterly shocked that her own parents had done this to her. Before she could even write further, they hugged the girl at both sides in comfort.

"You don't have to cry now because we'll be your new friends", Mikey smiled.

"Yeah what he said! I'll beat them up", Baji added.

'Don't beat up mom and dad, I still love them', she wrote.

Just too young to understand.

'Mikey and Baji, my new friends!'

[end of flashback]

It was the next day and Mikey came in with a large smile on his face, being more lively that usual.

"Y/n! Look what I got!", he exclaimed, holding up a small bouquet of light blue, lilac and white flowers. "The flowers you were talking about—"

He was cut off by the sight before him. He felt the bouquet fall out of his grasp and his heart completely collapse.

Y/n had been hooked up to a cpac machine and ventilator with a mask over her nose and another hooked up to her finger. Silence befell the room. All that could be heard was the repetitive beeping of the heart monitor and Y/n's delayed breaths.

His worst nightmare had just come to life.

A/N: make sure to vote and have a great day/ peaceful night <3

Author out

Word count: 715 wordsDate: 25/8/21

Date: 25/8/21