Volume 1 Chapter 6: Awakened

Previously: She looked at them both and held up a tight fist,"I accept your nomination to join your infamous group of spiders. I've heard about you guys from my friend Killua. It's kinda funny but I was thinking about wanting to join your group but didn't know where to look. I have a goal of revenge on a certain clan but... I'm not strong enough. I hope you don't give up on me, just yet...." She smiled slightly at them as she fell forward. Uvogin caught her just before she hit the ground and looked over at us friend. "Whatcha think?" "She seems like a smaller version of you, it's kinda scary." "Heh, I kinda like it. I'm down to saving her life and nominating her to join." "I'm in favor too, let's hurry before it's too late for her." "Alright, hop on Nobunaga."

She opened her eyes and saw a hot pink-haired girl, the muscular man, and the samurai looking down at her, she fell asleep again.

Nightmare: Gon woke to see her mother get impaled by a bone sword. Her father ran towards the man with scarlet red eyes but froze at the sound of someone's voice. "Stop right there." His voice was compelling and painful to hear. She went to speak but nothing came out. A third face showed up,"We are coming for you." She stumbled backward and her eyes and ears started to bleed. Pain spread throughout her entire body. "Stop it!" She fell back to the ground, shaking violently in fear. "What do you want with me!?" "For you to die, just like your mother." "But why!?" "The Lucilfer family bloodline needs to die!" "Daddy, please help me..." "He's not going to save you, nor will he die. He's not our target."

She crawled back on the ground, whimpering in fear and pain. Just before she got killed she woke up from her nightmare.

She woke up in a cold sweat, wrapped up in white bandages from head to toe. She heard voices but couldn't identify them properly, since her ears were damaged as well. Everything hurt, she could feel her chest tighten every time she breathed in and out. She was lucky to be alive, she should've died.

She felt someone grab the bandage covering up her eyes. She flinched slightly and then opened her eye slowly to see the same three from before.

Uvogin: "Look who's back to the world of the living. It's a miracle really."

Gon looked at him and the other two blankly not sure how to react. She opened her mouth to speak but nothing worked. "That won't work for a few more days. Your body was heavily damaged using your red Nen. I'm Machi by the way." Gon looked over the samurai,"Oh that's right, you don't know my name yet. I'm Nobunaga, nice to meet you." He smiled happily at her. Uvogin chuckled softly,"Once your back to full health we will introduce you to the boss."

Gon saw Nobunaga place her Ōdachi onto the bed to her right. She reached out and grabbed her sword but accidentally grabbed his hand too. He blushed lightly and so did she. She picked up her sword and lifted it up into her field of vision. She gripped onto her sword tightly as she started to cry tears of sadness and relief. They looked at her a bit confused and worried. "What's up, kiddo?" Uvo asked, bluntly. She wiped her eyes and looked up at him. She opened her mouth and her neck started to glow bright green. "Thanks for giving me another chance at living. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys better, and hopefully, we can become great friends." She smiled happily with a shine in her hazel brown eyes.

They all took a step back as an arrow of love pierced their hearts. Her innocent but cheerful look on her face made their cheeks burn red. Machi smirked slightly, Nobunaga smiled happily with his eyes closed as he rubbed his neck, and Uvogin grinned widely showing his shiny white teeth.

She started coughing until blood came out and covered her bandages wrapped around her mouth. Machi unwrapped her head and handed her a glass of water to drink. She smiled happily at Machi, "Thanks!" She said, genuinely.

A few weeks later: They all walk into an abandoned warehouse to see a dark figure sitting down in a metal chair in the back of the room. They stood there behind Gon blocking her exit with an intense aura coming off of them.

He got up and walked into the light of the moonlight. Her eyes widened and shook violently as her heart skipped a beat.

She grabbed her chest tightly as he got closer to her. She saw flashes of his face next to her mother and father. "I saw a picture of you before. My mother said you were her little brother that died...." Everyone tensed up as he grabbed her neck and lifted her up into the air. He went through her memories and let go of her instantly and backed away. "It's true, to think my big sister had a child." He smirked slightly, "How's my big sister these days?" She fell to her knees breathing heavily and crying. His eyebrows raised slightly. "She was killed in front of me. And my father left me for dead. He said it was my fault for being born but it can't be...I just can't."

Chrollo reached out and pulled her into a warm embrace. He comforted her dearly and whispered softly,"There's no need to worry, I don't blame you for her death." Her eyes widened in surprise, her tears streamed down her face. "Please give me a chance to prove myself, I want to join this group so bad."  She pulled away and locked eyes with him, as tears streamed down her face. He smirked slightly at her determination. "Nobunaga and Uvo, you tested her fighting skills right? So what do you think?" She watched him stand up, she did the same and wiped her eyes to see Uvogin and Nobunaga speak their mind about her ability. "She's determined and has unbreakable willpower." (Nobunaga) "She's got guts and can rival against my own power. If trained properly she might even surpass me." (Uvogin) The Boss's eyes widened in surprise and amazement that she's that strong and has so much potential at her age.

Chrollo: "Who killed my sister?"

Gon: She stood up and clenched her fists extremely tight. "The Kurta Clan. It seems like our family name has a history with theirs. I want to destroy them all just like they did to my happy life." Her aura changed to a dark red and black. Rage consumed her heart and eyes.

Gon suddenly stopped by the feeling of wires tightening against her skin. She woke up from her dark thoughts and calm back down. "Thanks, Machi. Sorry about that." She nodded her head silently.

Boss: "You may hang out with Nobunaga and Uvogin if they want. If so, they can tell you the rules and regulations of our troupe. They can help you with looking for some of the members of the Kurta clan. We aren't meeting up, until another few years."

Gon: "Uvo-chan and Nobu-chan is it alright if I hang out with you guys?"

They both felt their hearts melt at the sound of her nicknames for them. Chrollo chuckled softly at their reactions. "I don't mind." (Nobunaga) "What the hell, I'm down for a little bit of babysitting." (Uvogin) "Wait, I'm not a baby!" (Gon) "Heh, Sure you aren't." (Uvo.) "I'll be going, see you guys later. Take care, kid." Machi said, just before she disappeared into the darkness. "See ya later, Uncle Chrollo!" He waved goodbye to her, smiling happily.

Gon, Uvogin, and Nobunaga headed out and went to her hometown to check out where she was first attacked. And once they did that they headed towards the hunter exam site to get licenses to search for more information on the Kurta clan more efficiently. She was becoming something she hated more than anything in order to revenge her mother's death.

Gon = #4 of the phantom troupe. At age 15.

Meanwhile somewhere else: Killua goes back into the Assassin business to gain the most money he could for his friend's quest for revenge. He vowed to tell her how he truly feels once they reunite.

To be continued... Next Volume!