Volume 2 Chapter 3: Beyond Stubborn

Previously: The secret path to the end of the test opened up and Uvo picked up Gon praising her efforts. She smiled slightly at him and then passed out. "She's frighteningly strong when she's angered and when her life is threatened. It seems she hasn't unlocked her true potential just yet. Something mentally is limiting her from within." Nobunaga stated intellectually. "Yeah, but after this thing over I'm sure she'll grow even stronger and smarter. Her body needs to be pushed past it's limits to become even deadlier." They all three were passed and boarded a ship for the next exam.

Gon heard her number get called and she sprinted into the giant forest with her gold Nen concealed. She leaped back and forth between branches and landed gracefully. She overlooked from a good vantage point. Her target was Uvo so she was going to hunt down 3 random target instead.

Meanwhile somewhere else: "Killua why are trying so hard to get stronger? You already outclassed father and the rest of us." Illumi said confused. "Why, huh?" Killua was eating a  chocolate bar as he sat on the giant gate to his house that he claimed as his own. "Because I made a unbreakable promise to someone." "Is it a girl?" Killua blushed lightly. "Maybe." "Awww, my little brother has a crush." Killua tensed up,"It's not just a crush. I can say without any hesitation that I'm in love. But I have to get stronger in order to protect her from harm." He clenched his right hand into a tight fist. "I have a few more years until we meet up. Until then I must become stronger, faster, and smarter." "This girl must be pretty special." "More than you know..."

Gon dropped kicked a huge guy in his face and his body collapsed to the ground. She exhaled slowly as she calmed down her breathing after killing another person. "That makes two." She walked down the dirt path leaving behind bloody boot prints. She waved at Uvo and Nobunaga up ahead. They showed off their three random tags. She smiled happily with her two tags. "You just need one more, huh?" She nodded her head. "Yep!" "They have people following us, they are examining our progress. I know it's required but it's damn creepy." Nobunaga stated shivering. "If they try anything I'll kill them." Uvogin cracked his knuckles. "Come on, let's go and search for my last victim!" They both nodded and followed her as she leaped up into the trees.

A few minutes later: Gon is hit with a intoxicating poison that causes someone to become immobilized. The needle hit her in the neck while she was mid air. Her friends looked back to see her on the ground breathing heavily and barely conscious. The person who shot her reached out and went to steal her number tags but his head was cut clean off his shoulders by Nobunaga. Uvogin took the scum's tag and crouched down in front of Gon as she struggled against the drug. "How are you still awake? Big bro's drug can take down a elephant!" Uvogin and Nobunaga looked up to see two faces enraged with bloodlust. They both dropped down and pulled out two sabers. Gon pushed herself up slowly as her body shook violently. She had hot breath and dilated pupils,"I trained my body to be more resistant to poison and drugs. A thing like this isn't going to stop me fully." She was dizzy and nauseated but she was determined to kill them. They both thrusted their swords her way. But she leaped into the air, landed roughly onto their wrists and grabbed their faces. Sparks of gold Nen came from her palms. She slammed their skulls into the hard ground behind them. "I'm not going to be stopped by anyone!" Their flesh was scorched to black ash. She exhaled slowly. "I did it." She finally passed out. The two men looked at each other.

2 days left remained to "survive" the island. Uvogin and Nobunaga looked after Gon as she got over the strange drug. Time passed by quickly and they three passed with flying colors. All was left was one last test for the hunter exam.

Killing is easy for the ones who are left but the next test is to Duel without killing and get their opponent to surrender or pass out. But outright killing is forbidden and is a instant ban.

Uvogin tortures his opponent, Nobunaga forces his opponent to surrender. But Gon's experience was a little different.

She stepped into the ring and was stared down like a piece of meat. Her Ōdachi wasn't allowed so she raised up her fists slowly. Her opponent conjured invisible brass knuckles. He was going to cheat but as long as he doesn't kill her the hunters won't do anything.

She was at a disadvantage, hiding her Nen when fighting isn't her specialty. Her emotional output is also in disarray. She's quick to anger right now. She needs to learn how to control her Nen and emotions better.

She exhaled slowly and carefully watched how he stood. Overconfident but still has strength to support his attitude. He grinned widely as his bloodlust filled the nearby air. It was suffocating but she felt worse from Uvogin and Nobunaga. She was freaking out on the inside but she refused to run away.

She took a step forward and threw a punch but he disappeared from sight. Her eyes widened at his speed. His steel toed boot made contact with her spine. A shockwave of pain surged throughout her entire bone structure. She went flying towards everyone. They all dashed to the side to get out of the way. Her body hit the concrete wall so hard it made a dent. She coughed out blood in her right palm. He was the real deal. A real opponent. She popped her right arm back in place and got up from the ground. "Are you sure you want get back up brat?" She walked past Uvogin and Nobunaga as blood dripped off her fingertips. She threw another punch but he zoomed past her, she dodged his swift kick and but he recovered quickly and grabbed her wrist. She started shaking uncomfortably in fear. He snapped her bone in a matter of seconds. She but her tongue and blood dripped down her chin from the corner of her mouth. "Aww not even one little yelp?" She tried to escape but he grabbed her other arm. She looked over at Uvogin and went to shake het head but her body fell forward. She refused to make a sound of pain as he broke her fingers one by one. She fell to her knees breathing heavily and crying silently. "Are you ready to give up, brat?" She healed her arms and stabbed him in the chest but missed his heart. He kicked her in the face breaking her nose. She hit the ground with a heavy nose bleed. She crawled back feeling scared of what he going to do next. He grabbed her neck and started to crush her wind pipe. She struggled against his strong grip. She grabbed his wrist and used her Nen but there was no effect. Her eyes widened at his devilish grin. "I'm immune to electricity and fire, bad luck I guess." She was slammed into the ground. She coughed and gasped for air. She was going to die. Her strength isn't good enough. And her Nen isn't working. And her willpower is slowly breaking down.

He straddled her as he punched her face and body over and over again all while laughing maniacally. She reached out weakly but her hand fell to her side. She clenched her fists but even her small amount strength was stolen.

A few minutes later, his knuckles were dripping wet with her blood. He stood up and walked towards the others. But then before Uvogin killed him for revenge. Gon sat up looking like a zombie. She healed up just enough to stand back up. Blood was covering up her face, a huge puddle of blood beneath her feet. It was a miracle she wasn't dead. "I'm not done yet." "Eh!?" He stormed towards her but he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around only be headbutted by Uvogin. He charged up a punch and punched through his skull. His fist was sticking out on the other side. He kicked his always limp body through the ceiling to hang in shame. "No one's does that to someone I care about without any consequences afterwards. Right Monkey? Mini me?" Her eyes were dull and her breath was barely there. Her body fell forward and when it hit the ground blood splattered. "Miss Gon!" "Monkey!?" Her crimson red leaked out of her as her small body laid there motionless.

To be continued...