13. You. Don't. Understand!

A chill ran down her spine with the intensity of his voice, his tone, cold and threatening. She could feel her face burning with his glares, his eyes bloodshot. Terror sucked the very breath from her mouth, as she took two steps back. This demeanour screamed danger, something she shouldn't have messed with. Should I just leave him alone? Her soul whispered her to stay, to be there at the needed hour. His dark eyes felt helpless, his shoulders looked exhausted, grasped by his own miseries. He was a mask of anger which none could pierce through. Beneath, there lied a heart, soft and fragile, and he fears the exposure.

''Either you answer or get lost!"

His tone snapped her out of her trance. It was low this time, yet it didn't fail to send those tremors. Despite the insolence, she didn't leave.

How dare she? The audacity to poke her nose into the moment he was living with his Antara, ruining it all. If not her presence, he had right atleast over her essence. Her absence was eating him up, and essence was all he could cling on. He could shout no more.

"Oii Uncle, yeh angreziyan bolna, pagalo ki tarah chillana, dhamki dena, in sab se kuch nehi hone wala! Koi aur darta hoga aapse, hum nehi darte!"

She, a living tubelight!

"See Guddan, just get lost! You would really not like to witness the depth of my anger!" He warned, raising his finger.

"Arey baap rey, hum toh dar hi gaye! Aap apna gusse wala roop dikhayenge? Nehi nehi Uncle, hum bahot darte hain aapse! Huh!? Aap toh humesha shaanti se peshate hain, nehi?" She retorted sarcastically.

This girl is a different material! No one have in them the guts to raise their voices in my presence, and she dares to shoot sarcastic comments! Whatever, neither I am in the state nor she is worth enough my time.

"Dekhiye, hum yaha aapko le jane aaye hain aur aapko lekar hi jayenge! Jo karna hain kijiye aap, kyunki aapko toh koi parwah hi nehi hain! Waha Dadi tension le rahi hain aur hum bhi bhuk..." She hopped in before he could shut the door.

"Tum har baar aati kyun ho mujhe pareshaan karne? The mere sight of you irritates me, I just don't want you in front of me! Aur isliye, tum raho yaha, main hi chala jata hoon!"

"Chale gaye?! Waah, bhuke rahe hum, pareshaan rahe Dadi, aur gussa karte hain yeh! Hey Lord Krishna, humse na ho payega inhe jhelna! Inko, is bekaar insaan ko, Guddan ke chehre se chid hota hain! Khoon mein toh shayad hain hi, uske saath saath aakhon mein bhi diabetes hain inhe! Umar hogayi haina, isliye shayad humara chehra kabhi thik se dekha nehi." She blabbered, stepping into his cabin.

Her eyes wandered around the room, admiring the interior design. A black, steelcase leap chair designed to support his frame comfortably for the long haul. In front, there stood a dark, wooden desk containing his laptop and important files. His shelf displayed a variety of books.

All regarding cooking and related stuffs! Of course, he is a chef! Were you expecting fairytales?

The wall designs were classy with abstract shapes. His tastes aren't that bad. But all black and white, boring Uncle! The moon was in full display through the glass window with black silk curtains. Her wandering eyes settled on a painting by the window, and she approached it, gaping all the way. Such a lovely piece of art! Uncle knows artistry?!

He had painted Antara, who had herself wrapped in a carmine coloured saree, her tresses cascading down her shoulder and back. She had her lips curved into a radiant smile as she performed karvachauth with Akshat, who stood in front in traditional yellow kurta and pyjamas. His face had a gleam of satisfaction. The silvery moon in the background, enhancing the charm. The unsaid emotions that he had poured into the painting, left it realistic and satisfiable, perfect piece of art and beauty. At the bottom, it had a sentence written.