22. Understanding Pours Life!

"Main jo kuch bhi jaanti hoon woh main aapko nehi bata sakti! Di ko sab kuch phirse yaad aa jayega."

"Woh kuch bhooli kaha hain, bas sabko dikhati rehti hain ki woh apne zindegi mein bahot khush hain! Maine pata lagane ki koshish bhi bahot ki, par uske ateet ke baare mein mujhe aisa kuch bhi nehi pata chala! Papa se puchkar unhe main takleef nehi dena chahta. Agar tum mujhe nehi bataogi, toh woh andar hi andar ghut ti rahegi!" Akshat insisted to which Revati took in a deep breath.

"Jiju, Di ke zindegi mein mere aane se pehle kuch huya tha.. Usi haadse ki wajah se Di har ek kadam par galatiyaan karti hain, ghabra jaati hain. Di ko theek hone mein bahot wakt laga, par kyunki main tab bas paida hi huyi thi, mujhe kuch bhi yaad nehi!" Revati informed while he looked into the space with doubts painted on his face.

How will I find out the truth?
_____________________________

A few days passed by when Akshat to his great relief, could finally go back to his room and escape the torturous bed sharing. She had many a times, kicked the pillows and him, attacking his nose with her flailing hands while her chattering mouth refused to keep shut even in her dreams. She has a special kind of enmity towards his nose, which she has started to express physically nowadays. The bed has given too much of freedom to her movements but no more, thank God!

As he stepped into his room, his walls welcomed him with a surprise. They were still painted in the same black colour, with lovely touches of white floral art. He raised his brow as to why she didn't change the colour being a rainbow herself.

"Kaisa laga?" She chirped, taking note of his satisfied expressions.

"Tumne rang kyun nehi badla?" He questioned back, as usual.

"Pehle aap khud sawaalon ka jawab dena seekh lijiye, phir batayenge!" She exclaimed, plastering a smile.

"Kaafi achha hain, mujhe nehi laga tha tum.."

"Rukiye! Iske aage agar aap kuch bhi kahenge toh aapke daaton mein dard hone lagenge!" She cut in, showing her palm.

"Kyun?"

"Zyada tareef jo kar denge aap apne muh se..." She trailed mockingly while he shook his head which she ignored royally, resuming, "Aate hain aapke sawaal pe, humne rang kyun nehi badla........ Kyunki kamra aapka bhi hain, aur aapko kala rang pasandh hain. Aapne bhi toh humari nazariya samajhkar uspar bhadosa kiya, aur na chahte huye bhi rang badalne ke liye raazi ho gaye. Hum itne bhi bure nehi ki humare soch aur vicharon ko aapke upar zabardasti thopenge! Baaki hume bas in deewaron mein jaan lana tha, jo humne la di!" She detailed with a blissful smile.

Their smiles met, and that's how it started.

The second vow, they trusted and respected each other's decision and thoughts.

"Take this as a token of gratitude." She handed him a packet to which he knitted his brow and peeked inside to discover a t-shirt in a shade of black.

"Humare parivaar ko apnane ke liye yeh tohfa!" She spoke and finally, realisation dawned upon him that he had uttered those exact words when he had made for her a cake for mending the relations. He stared at her unbelievably as she snorted and bursted into fits of laughter.

"Take this as a token of gratitude. Us wakt....aapki shakal....dekhne...layak tha!" She spoke in between her chuckles.
_____________________________

Akshat entered his room to find her greeting him with a sugar coated smile.

"Kya kiya hain ab tumne? Aise has kyun rahi ho?" He tried to shoo her from his path but she was adamant.