9. You Lizard!

Lines written in bold italics signify flashback~

She had left the room huffing and puffing. Uncle is weird! He had rotten off her mood early in the morning. Well why was she even wasting her time here? She unlocked her phone and a message popped up. He has messaged her the address.
.
.
.
.
.
"Koi hain? Chutki? Shefali ji?" Guddan called out.

"You?!" She stood dumbfounded, as she recognised the figure.

"Chutki kaha hain? Aur Shefali ji ke saath kya kiya?" She asked, infuriated.

"Haan main! Remember me? Yaad hai college ki woh din? I had proposed you and what you did? You refused me in front of all! I had tried avenging your refusal by framing you characterless in front of the college, but you were way more smart! You smartly collected up the proofs and proved your innocence, but I was rusticated Guddan! And I wanted you to pay back. And see, I again met you because of Shefali and that's where the story starts. I had loved Shefali with all my heart, I even left my family for they weren't ready to accept her! But what she did? She broke up with me owing to that oldie husband of yours! Like a gold digger, she ran for his money and played her game, just what she did with me. I could not by any chance, let her go so easily. So I followed her to his house and to my lovely luck, I found you there! Well, that's where my master plan began. How skillfully I managed to spoil the lives of three people! I hope you remember what happened in the marriage.." He detailed with an evil smirk.

Her hands itched to punch him straight on his face. This man is ridiculous! Her blood boiled recalling the previous day, the day that flipped her life upside down!..... Those horrible chortles that hit her eardrums as she received that unknown number, that picture of her sister and Shefali, tied up. Her pleadings had fallen to deaf ears as he continued with his threats. For her dear sister's life, she had been compelled to take in the bride's place. She had been shushed helpless, for her slightest move was being watched.

"That's how I forced you to marry that oldie whereas here, I would be marrying Shefali with her father doing the kanyadaan. Yes, I kidnapped him too!" He narrated.

"Vikrant tum.." Her hand was on its way into slapping his cheeks red but he caught it effortlessly.

"Tch..Tch..Tch.. Angry haan? Par mera badla pura nehi huya abhi tak! You had insulted me and now you will bid adieu to your dear life!" He smirked, poking a gun at her forehead.
.
.
.
.
.
The smirk got wiped off his face as his body went flying and collapsed onto the floor. Like a lizard, there he lied on the floor with a fractured mandible and pulsating cheek, clearly imprinted with five fingers. He craned his neck back to discover the owner of the jaw breaking slap. Mr. Akshat Jindal!

"Uncle?! Aap yaha? Anyways, as you are here now, teach this lizard a lesson! Apni kamar, daath aur haddiyon ko dhyan se sambhalte hue mariye isko!!" Guddan took hold of the gun which had slipped off his hands.

Akshat lifted him up by his collar, blessing him with a punch on his fractured mandible. Then a blow landed on his nose, and he was rammed against the wall with another slap. Three more blows followed by before he pressed his fingers around his throat, squeezing it till he was devoid of oxygen, and threw him to the police who had stepped in few seconds ago.

"Guddan tumne yeh thik nehi kiya!" Vikrant warned.

"Shooo!! You Lizard!" She exclaimed in disgust, as her palm landed on his swollen cheek, and he shut his eyes, his soul gritting in agony. She has to pay back!

Guddan blanketed her sister with her arms, while Revati weeped her eyes out, scared.

"Ssh.. It's all okay now." Guddan whispered stroking her hairs and planted a soft kiss against her forehead.

"Hum aap par bilkul gussa nehi hain, Shefali ji! Aapko apni galati ka ehsaas hain, yehi sabse badi baat hain!" Guddan smiled at her apology.

"Guddan maine tum jaisi ladki nehi dekha, kitni achhi ho tum! Thank you so much." Shefali was surprised over her morality. She bore no malice towards her despite her ruined life, ruined dreams. Her love for her sister had struck a nerve of guilt in her. Love is what breathes soul into your life, it sprinkles beauty into the world, purest and selfless.
_____________________________

This girl, immature and impulsive, had went on to sacrifice her life to buy her sister safety. They maligned her character, yet she didn't breathe a word. Had not he followed her anxious outline rushing to lonely covers, he would have dwelled in questions, clueless of the truth. Her lips didn't even whisper a moan to the unknown that awaited her, the aftermath of trapping herself to an unknown man, a smitch of vermillion from the wrong hands could bruise her life, yet she risked it. Her selfless intentions, the respect which had crept it's way to his heart, rooted itself there.