Prologue

Her lips quivered at the sight in front, salty drops of grief streaming down her hollow cheeks. She wanted to scream, but her voice gave up. Those once soulful amber eyes were ringed with red and the skin underneath, darkened in exhaustion. She blankly stared at her hands coated in blood!

Her lips whispered incoherently, as she shook her head in denial to the reality. Denial to the throttling absence.

What did I do?!
_____________________________

A surge of adrenaline rushed through her body, her feet pounding across the road. Her fast paced steps echoed in the eerie silence, her breath transforming into short gasps. She tripped over a piece of stone and plunged down. Panting, she turned back and found them approaching. She picked herself up and ran again.

She tried to run away from their clutches, oblivious that it was destined, a plan. She could run away from them, but the clutches of destiny? There was no escape!

"Don't Worry."
__________________________

"You Are Fired!!"

The employee shuddered under his menacing gaze, he could see the vein in his forehead throbbing. Unable to decipher what he could possibly do to calm him down, he trailed frightfully.

"I am really sorry sir, I didn't mean to..."

His words deserted him as he saw him thrashing the glass violently against the floor.

"I need no explanation! Get the hell out or else I'll make sure you are unemployed throughout your life!"

The employee took few steps back, the colours of his face fading away. His clenched jaw, bloodshot eyes, they threatened danger. And he didn't wish to risk. He left.

How dare he? How dare he mess with the delicate string in him. Not only did he touch the portrait but also he had the audacity to mishandle it. It could have slipped off his hands, and he would have crumbled into pieces alongside. It was the only memory in his hopeless, darkened life. The one he could cherish. He could have no more outbursts, he just couldn't.
_____________________________

"You can't do it, your mistakes won't let you."

"I can, if only I have the will!" She replied, her lively eyes laden with confidence.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
She was supposed to cook but ended up messing things. Yet again, her mistakes failed her. Maybe, her pure intentions weren't enough. Had they been, she could have succeeded at something by now............. She has just been deluding herself everytime, the reality she knew real well. Tears rolled over, their disgusted faces flashing.
_____________________________

"This has no future..." He spoke, choking on his words.
........

"I..I want to say you some..something!" She stuttered in anticipation.
.
.
.
.
.
And....... their relationship had started to bleed. The end was striding towards them, the real game had started!

His words wouldn't have tickled a nerve in her had it been those early times. But after they had walked through the storm, his words crushed her. He understood the melody of her silence, his hands were there when she craved to hold onto something. He was the one to heal her bruises, the bruises she was born with. The irony, her healer scarred her. Her lips parted to say something, but as if she couldn't break the mum. Her eyes burned with threatening tears and as she held them back, her tattered heart drowned in pain.
.
.
.
.
.
"Y..You wanted me to l..leave right? Your wish, my com..mand." She stuttered, tears cascading down.
_____________________________

"LEAVE ME!" She spat venomously, struggling to free herself from the clutches of the iron chains.

"Tch..tch..tch! Despite knowing the result, why do you even struggle? Have it." He ordered, forwarding her a morsel.

"No, I won't!" She denied, turning her face the other side.

"Oh dear, you know the consequences of being stubborn.." He trailed meaningfully, shoving the food into her mouth.

"Good girl!" Forcing her a few more bites, he turned for the door.

"Why?" Her voice shook in agony.

"What why?"

"Why are you doing this to me? What will you gain?"

"Satisfaction! Your pain is my pleasure. You were happy and that didn't go well with me, so here you are. And these tears streaming down your cheeks, you deserve this! Got the answer?" He walked out with a mile-wide smirk, locking her in the dark, again.

Fresh warm tears spilled out as she recalled that unfortunate day, the day it all had started. She could not predict the day or night for light rays never find it in their heart to enter the room. Her throat itched for few drops of water but she didn't bother, all she wanted was to sip the freedom, the light. Would she be able to see the light? Her questions faded in the uneasy silence. She stared into the dark, the unsettling solitude was throttling her. She could endure no more. He was torturing her, psychologically. She clenched her eyes shut as a sob escaped her pale, white lips.

The light, the noises, them...

She wanted to be free.
.
.
.
.
.
A game of Destiny, plan of Time, and execution of Life.

You can never run from your Fate, and... this time, he is the author even...
_____________________________

He, a gloom of dark.

She, a spell of light.

When his own shadow had abandoned him in the dark, she walked into his life with her enlightening soul. Despite her hatred towards darkness, it was a willing step to bring him out of the abyss. Will the dark swallow the flicker of light? Tables can turn anytime.

He loves the melody of silence while she finds peace in the noise. He was a breathing dead and she was life. Will the differences fuse into something anew, or one's presence would margin the other's existence?

Sshh! Time answers everything.

𝓓𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝔂 𝓜𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓞𝓷𝓮