15. Plant of a Seed

"Aj!" The pillow found it's way towards the floor as her heart missed a beat. With a sullen pout on her lips, Lakshmi scratched the side her neck, on the verge of tears.

"Aj!" Saraswati slapped her forehead, her dream of her soulmate, her money, crushed mercilessly.
.
.
.
.
.
Why the suffocation? A look of puzzlement crossed Lakshmi's face in return to the confused looks being shooted in her direction. A few seconds followed by, when she could finally realise that she had the eye mask on her mouth.

"Ab raat ko sare tin baje aise buzzer daba daba kar neend kharaab karenge toh yehi hoga na. Ek toh Babyboo ko aur mujhe chain se sone nehi dete upar se inke dar se main eye mask muh pe pehen kar aa gayi! Yeh sasur hain ya asur pata nehi!" Lakshmi mumbled taking off the mask, earning herself a glare from Durga.

Akshat pressed on the buzzer repeatedly, his gaze fixated towards the door of his room. All has gathered into the hall but there she was, snoring away to glory.

Guddan groaned as the constant buzz interrupted her dreams. Pressing the pillows to her ears, she snuggled further into her cozy blanket. Nothing worked as the buzz kept on repeating itself. Defeated, she sprang out of the couch and marched out of her room, folding up her sleeves. I am going to shoot the one who dared to separate me from my dear dreams!

"Kaun pagal itni raat ko shor macha raha hai? Is ghar mein chain se so bhi nehi sakte kya?" She descended down the stairs, shouting in irritation. Her eyes travelled to Akshat, who was shooting her a menacing look with a buzzer in his hand.

So it was Uncle! Yeah yeah, after all he is the reincarnation of Hitler!

"Waha khari khari muh kya dekh rahi ho. Yaha aake sab ke saath khari ho jao. Tumhe card mein chapwa ke invitation dena parega kya? Buzzer baj raha hain matlab neeche aana hain." Akshat chided.

"Toh aapne kabhi pehle kaha hain ki buzzer daba ke aap itni........ Vardaan ji time kya ho raha hain? Achha, haa toh raat ko sare tin baje buzzer daba daba kar aap aise neend ke parkachhe udayenge, yeh kya sapne mein aaya tha humare! Aur..."

"Shut up and do as I say!" He shouted, having enough of her crap.

"Khadoos!" She mumbled and made her way towards the family gathering, stifling a yawn.

"Kal shaam ko humare ghar mein ek welcome party hain, Mr. Khurana ke saath overseas mein collaboration ka deal finalised ho chuki hain, isliye aap sab kal subha se hi taiyaariyaan shuru kar dijiye. Mehmaan ki khatirdaari mein koi kami nehi honi chahiye, mujhe shikaayat ka koi mauka nehi milna chahiye. Aur dhyaan rakhiye ki koi bhi, I mean koi bhi garbar nehi hona chahiye. Shanti aur tameez se peshana hain party mein....Vardaan, party ko tum sambhaaloge kyunki tumne ek mauka maanga tha mujhse, I hope you won't make me regret my decision..... Ab aap sab apne apne room mein jaa sakte hain." Akshat said.

Did he mean her? Did he mean she behaves abnormally?! She appeared to sulk for a moment as he effortlessly carried himself up the stairs. Urghhh!
_____________________________

"Aapko neend weend nehi aati hain kya?" Guddan asked, stepping inside the room.

"What?"

"I mean aren't you exhausted after fasting throughout the day?"

"Sorry, what?"

"You should be!"

"Guddan tum.." He was about to start but she cut him off.

"Aapki deal hain maante hain, bahot important hain yeh bhi maante hain, par yeh baat subha batane pe kya aapki naak chapti ho jati? Char ghante baad bata dete, humari neend puri ho jaati."