Chapter Eleven: Sam

I felt guilty about running out of the class on Colby how I did earlier today. I kept trying to call him but he never picked up. I tried texting him but to no avail. 

         Sam: Colby? 
         Sam: Colby, are you there?
         Sam: I just wanted to say I'm sorry for leaving you after first period today
         Sam: I hope you weren't offended, it wasn't my goal to offend you
         Sam: I hope you're not ignoring me. I really want to be your friend, if you want to be mine
         Sam: I promise I will tell you why I left so quickly if you'll let me
         Sam:  I hope you're not upset with me
         Sam: Colby, if you see this, please respond. I want to talk to you

         That was a while ago. I still haven't received a response. Katrina, sitting on the couch beside me, nudged my side. "Sam," she whined, "Put your phone away. We're supposed to be hanging out! What are you doing on that, anyway?" She asked an accusing tone in her voice. I smiled quickly at her and tucked my phone into the pocket of my pants. "Nothing," I responded, pulling her into a hug. We were sitting on the couch in front of the T.V. in my house, watching The Vampire Diaries, as it's one of Katrina's favourite shows. The episode was coming to an end and one of the Vampires-Klaus Mikaelson-was drowning one of the main character's mothers-Carol Lockwood-in a fountain in the middle of the town at night. "That was cruel," I commented, watching as Carol's struggles slowly ceased.
         "Well, that's Klaus Mikaelson for you. Murdering people in the worst ways possible when they piss him off or get in his way," responded Katrina, turning towards me as the screen when dark and the episode came to an end. "Anyway, what do you want to do now?" She asked, just as my phone went off. "Uh, you pick," I said distractedly as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Colby had responded. I felt my heart drop as I read his response:

Colby: Sam, I'm sorry, but Vincent contacted me. I'm part of his crew now. 
Colby: 
He doesn't want us to talk to each other if it's not on his orders. I cannot be your friend.
Colby: See you at school. 

         "Karina, it's getting kind of late. I think you should go," I said to Katrina, not looking at her. She put her hand on my shoulder and replied, "Sam, what's wrong?" I didn't want to talk about it, and the backs of my eyes were stinging.  "Katrina, please go. I don't want to talk about it right now." She silently stood up and made her way to the front door. As she closed the door behind her, tears slowly began to pour from my eyes.