Chapter Nine: Sam

Sam's P.O.V

         I can't believe it. It's him. It's really him. It's the boy from my dreams. Colby, I thought. That was his name. Colby Brock. 
   As this sunk in I became nervous. I mean, this boy has been in my dreams countless times, and now I have met him in person; how could I not be nervous? 
   "H-hi, C-col-by," I stuttered. Damn it, how am I supposed to make a good impression if I can barely talk around him?
   "Hi. Sam, right? Nice to meet you in person," he smiled politely, though there was something in his eyes that I couldn't quite decipher. I brushed it off and weakly smiled back, "You t-too," I agreed. "Um, so are you r-ready to start the tour?" I asked Colby a little nervously. He nodded and I began to show him around. 
         While I showed him around we talked a bit. I tried to talk to him about his family, but he ignored it and changed the subject. I found out that we had the same Home Room, so when I was done showing him around we went to class. The first class of the day was math. I was pretty good at math, so I couldn't complain. I entered the class and took my usual seat in the middle row. Colby sat a few seats behind me to the left. The room was almost empty. Colby, Mr. Pint-the math teacher-two other students and I were the only occupants of the room. We sat in near silence; the two students whispering among themselves, hurrying to finish homework; Mr. Pint grading students' work. Colby and I just sat there, waiting for the bell to ring and class to begin. 

         After math class was geography. I rushed out of the class at the bell, not waiting for Colby. I wasn't trying to be rude but Vincent and his goons wouldn't be far behind me. At least, that's what I thought.

Colby's P.O.V

         When the bell rang, signalling the end of class, Sam rushed out. I was confused and a bit hurt by that. I was even more confused when three boys came up to me. I didn't know their names, but they sat near me during math. One of the boys was tall with broad shoulders. He had brown curling hair that fell slightly in his face, his eyes a light brown. He looked intimidating, but when you live with people like my dad, intimidating is normal. As for the boys with him, the one on the right was about an inch shorter than I was and looked less intimidating, but not by much. He had blond hair up to his shoulders; the boy on the left was just as tall as he was, with ginger hair that framed his face nicely.
         The brown-haired boy began to speak, "New kid," he said. "What's your name?"
         "Who's asking?" I replied. This wasn't a smart move, and I knew it. Obviously, this boy-whoever he was-was one of those boys who thought they ran the school; a bully. My response seemed to have hit a nerve in this boy, and his expression changed immediately. 
         "You must not know who I am. You are new, after all, so I'll let you off the hook this time, but don't think you'll get away with anything next time," he replied rudely before leaving the room, his goons following behind him. I sighed and thought to myself, Great. It's my first day at a new school and the only person who has been nice to me completely ditched me, and I'm already one of the school bully's targets. I grabbed my bag from the floor beside me and made my way to my locker to prepare for my next class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 630