ȻĦȺⱣŦɆɌ SƗX: Colby

Colby's P.O.V

   I couldn't believe my eyes. Standing in front of me was the same man who had abused me for three years and left; the same man who threatened to kill me if I disobeyed him; the same man who left me and my mother to fend for ourselves when I was only a child. I haven't seen my father in eight years. We haven't heard from him since he left and said to us that if we told anyone what he had done, he'd murder us. 
   When I was a child, he drank a lot and was always drunk, leaving my mother to take care of me for the sixteen years I've been alive. "W-what are you d-doing here?" I stuttered, staring at him in disbelief and horror. A grim smile spread across his face as he said, "Hello, Cole." And pushed me aside, walking into the house uninvited and very unwelcome. 
   I watched him as he stalked past me and into the house, my heart racing. Why is he here, and what the hell does he want? I thought. I stood at the front door for a moment or two after he passed me, registering what was going on. I eventually closed the door and walked into the kitchen to see him barricading through the cupboards.  
   "So, son, what have you and your mother been up to while I was gone?" My father asked as he found the liquor cabinet, grabbed a half-empty bottle of red wine, and began searching for a glass.
   "Wh-what are you d-doing here?" I struggled to ask again. 
   "I just thought I'd stop by to see my son and wife. After all, I haven't seen either of you in what? Seven, eight years?" My dad answered innocently, filling a glass almost to the rim with wine. 
   "We both know that was your fault," I responded, a wave of anger flooding through me. He gulped down his glass of wine and began pouring another. 
   "Can you please just stop drinking?" I shouted. "Please, just for a minute?"
   My father looked at me, anger raging like fire in his eyes.  He took a few steps toward me, a soft chuckle escaping his lips.
   "Come here, son," He said, reaching his hand out to me.
   "Don't you dare come any closer to me!" I shouted backing away. 
   "Cole, what did I tell you about yelling at me?" He asked while coming slowly closer to me.
   My back soon hit the wall behind me, leaving me nowhere to run. Crap, I thought. I'm trapped. My heart sped up and my breathing was heavy as he neared me. 
   "Go away," I said, my eyes burning.
   "Now, Cole, that's no way to speak to your father, is it?" He smiled wickedly. "You've been very disrespectful to me in the few minutes I've been here. I think it's time for a little punishment." He turned to grab something from behind him as I trembled to the ground in fear. Tears were slowly dripping from my eyes as he turned, the bottle of wine in hand. 
   "I love you, son," He said and downed what wine was left in the bottle. I opened my mouth to speak, to beg, to do anything I could to stop him from doing what he was about to do. But it was too late. He was already bringing the glass down, fast, toward me. I bent closer to the ground just as the bottle connected with my skull. I screamed out in pain and fear, watching as a small puddle of red formed on the floor. Then everything went black. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word count-614