15: The Hero

Chu Wanwan was now as pale as ghost. She looked so shock. Standing at the edge of the lake, no one noticed that I intentionally shoved her back to the ground and let myself fall into the frozen lake.

"Lady Bai!"

"Someone help! Lady Bai is in the water!"

"My lady!"

I pretended to struggle against the water. I was flailing my arms, "He-Help! Help!"

Inside my head, I was cursing nonstop. The water was so cold. It's killing me!

"Help!" To be more convincing, I held my breath, letting myself submerged into the water for few seconds. I must overcome my breathing reflex. Must not run out of breath under water.

One. Two. Three. My forehead creased. I opened my eyes, looking around in the dark water. 'Where the heck is my savior?!'

This near-death scheme of Bai Suxin was not very smart. Now, I am the one who's suffering!

I squinted my eyes, noticing a shadow swimming towards me. 'You're late, Lu Kai!' After this scene, I'm going to deduct my bodyguard's salary for this month. I angrily took note of it.

Relieved, I closed my eyes again. Pretending to faint.

When I felt someone embracing me, I thought he will raise us up, out of the water. Instead, I felt something on my lips, a tongue prying to open my mouth.

Stunned silly, eyes snapped open, I tried to push Lu Kai. 'What is he doing?'

One hand at the back of my neck, one on my waist; when his lips applied more force, he finally pried my mouth open, his tongue dived straight in. Then followed by series of pushing air into my lungs.

'This.. is the legendary underwater kiss!!!'

I don't know what happened next. I must've passed out for I don't remember much what happen. Fainting for real this time.

"My lady."

Jin'er was holding my hand, then she helped me sit up. My head throbbed. I scanned the room and when I didn't recognized it, I panicked. The things here looks more expensive and exquisite. The vase, the paintings and even the bed. This place can equate to Qixiang Palace.

"Where am I? This.. this place.."

According to the novel, due to this incident, the Palace Ministers and other nobles became so dissatisfied with the Fourth Prince for bringing the Commoner in the empire, making ruckus everywhere. And now, a noble girl was hurt by this commoner, the nobles were all angered to this injustice.

Thus, the male lead will have no choice but to punish Chu Wanwan. He will send her to Jinling Mine- to do hard labor.

I bet Li Han already knows that it was all my scheme; the only person who wish the woman he wants to protect to disappear.

"We're at Yongshou Palace, my lady. Nan King was concern about your accident my lady and asked for you to stay here temporarily to recuperate. And the Emperor already agreed." Jin'er smiled.

Who said that the main characters has the toughest life in the novel? I, the green-tea villainess is the most miserable here okay.

Jumping into the frozen lake that could've cost my life. Oh and there's the plot of eating shrimps which triggers my body's allergy reaction that again almost cost my life. And lastly, be imprison to the dungeon for days before the male lead will present me a poison tea for my final grand death.

I don't know if should I pity Bai Suxin for being so clever on her schemes or for being unbelievably stupid, betting her life all the time?

Why does she likes to play with her life so much? She's crazy! If Bai Suxin was a cat, she have already probably used up all of her nine lives!

"Nan King?" The male lead?

"Yes, my lady. He saved you."

"Why would he.. yyyya..ah!" My words slurred. I feared if I ask, Jin'er might give me a very disturbing answer. A ridiculous suspicion was attempting to shake my soul.

When Jin'er noticed me staring into space. She pacified me by saying, "My lady, please don't worry. This time, His Highness Nan King saved you. He didn't hesitate and just jump immediately into the lake to rescue you. He swam really really fast, even faster than Lu Kai."

Li Han?

"After all, you also did those bad things to him years ago." Only Jin'er understands that this master of hers is a green-tea woman. She's the only one who knows that Bai Suxin was never concern about the Dog Prince.

"I really thought, His Highness Nan King also resented you. But after what happened, I decided that I'm not going to be afraid of him anymore. Because now I'm sure that Nan King will never retaliate against you, my lady. He cares too much about you my lady. The way he carried you. Oh! It's even the second time. Even though he looked mad, he still held you so gently in his arms. Oh my god!"

I feel like.. I might pass out.

"You my lady became the damsel in distress and Nan King was like the hero who saves the beauty. It was so dreamy!"

I instinctively pressed my belly as I'm starting to have a discomfort in my stomach.

"Hmp, let see who dares to ignore us  now? If Nan King really ascend the throne, I'm sure, he'd choose you to be his bride!" Jin'er clapped happily.

"Congratulations my lady!"

'What.. Jin'er, what are you.. congratulations?'

'Congratulations your father.. your mother..!'

Then I recalled the scene at the lake. 'The Kiss? How about the kiss? He kissed me right? Why did he..'

My mind went blank for few seconds. Suddenly, I feel like my world turned dark. I hear my soul screaming, 'Your father! Kill me now!'

"Ah!" The pain in my stomach became more intense. I think I'm going to pass out.

"My lady! What happened?! My lady, are you okay? Physician! Someone! Help! Call the physician!"