Chapter Thirty-One

Despite knowing Zuko and Katara were together, there were lines the two of them didn't cross. One of them was lunch. Zuko and Sokka locked eyes as the group watched the scarred boy sit himself next to Katara.

"Hey." Katara greeted, surprise clear in her voice.

"Hi." He responded quickly stroking her hand underneath the table before darting his eyes at Sokka who shot back a glare.

"What are you doing here?"

"Sokka!" Katara exclaimed.

"I know; usually I'm not trusted but I need some.... advice." Aang rose a curious brow.

"So you came to ask Katara for advice?" He asked. Zuko sighed looking down with a small sigh.

"No." He responded before looking to Sokka again. "I came to ask him for advice."

"Sokka?"

"Why?" Sokka cocked his brow at him, his eyes narrowing in distrust.

"It's an older brother thing." Both Aang and Katara looked to Sokka, confusion on their face. His own face hardened at the shaggy haired boy. "I know you don't trust me."

"And I have every right not to." He replied coldly ignoring the harsh glare his sister gave him.

"You do. But I'm just worried about my sister. She's...off. She's more vicious than usual, a little more unhinged and even Ty-Lee and Mai can't figure out what's going on in her mind. I know she's not the best person, but she's still my little sister." He leaned his head on his hand, his face softening with concern. "And I think I have an idea as to why she might be acting like she is, but we're not exactly like you and Katara."

"Close." Katara affirmed.

"We used to be." Zuko sighed. "Hell, there were times where she wouldn't leave me alone. I can't even count how many times she came to me for help with nightmares."

"I cannot imagine your sister having nightmares." Aang said, amazed. "She just seems like the type who doesn't fear anything." Zuko gave a wry chuckle.

"My sister is a great actress." He looked to Sokka once more. "Seriously though, I do just want to help her." Sokka glanced over at his pleading sister's face before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Fine. What do you need?" His glare softened as he watched his sister's gentle smile as she mouthed thanks towards her brother. Unknowingly to them, Azula's eyes were on the group, specifically her older brother as she watched his arm causally wrapped around Katara's waist as he talked to her older brother. Mai watched as her friend's fists tightened, her jaw clenched.

"Look, he might just be talking with his girlfriend and his friends about their dumb little project they have, Zuko's talked about it with me over a dozen times."

"What project are they even doing anyway?" Ty-Lee asked, curiosity laced in her voice.

"Some writing project with pain in the theme. From what Zuko's told me it's so damn dramatic it deserves to be in one of those lame film festivals." Ty-Lee sniggered at the thought.

"In black and white I assume?" Mai gave a small smirk as she crossed her arms.

"More like sepia." She responded. Azula glared at the both of them.

"Enough." She growled lowly, making both of the girls eyes widen slightly. Without another word, Azula walked out of the room not even acknowledging those who parted to get out of her way as she slammed the door shut behind her gathering the attention of many. Zuko rubbed his temples after noticing she had left the two girls behind, dumbfounded.