Chapter Twelve

Katara sighed looking over at her family, both Sokka and her father's arms crossed. Though fury was in Hakoda's eyes, Katara could see the tension and unease in her brother. She wasn't the only one who was going to get chewed out tonight. Especially knowing this incident called him back from his work.

"Katara, you are going to tell me everything." She nodded reluctantly hearing the dark fury in his tone.

"Where do you want me to start?" She asked. Hakoda just sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I don't exactly need every detail. Sokka filled me in with the notes from Jet." Sokka flinched at the tone in his name. Ah, so Dad yelled at him first. "Tell me what happened at the school. I can just do the report then. I'm sure it's easier talking to me rather than another officer." No. No it's not. She thought knowing to keep that thought to herself catching the disbelieving look on her older brother's face realizing he and her just probably had the same thought. That'll be something to laugh at later. She caught her own laughter when noting her Gran-Gran roll her eyes at her son. Oh yeah, we'll definitely have a laugh about that.

"I guess I can start when I saw Zuko get dragged back into the school grounds."

~~
Zuko groaned as Jet dragged him down the hall with his hooks, grinning wickedly with a harsh chuckle.

"Not so tough now are we, daddy's boy?" Zuko snarled at the nickname, gripping the hooks wiggling to get out of the grasp. Feeling the struggle, Jet gleefully pulled the crossed hooks upwards savoring the sounds of the gargled gasping that came from his captive. His body felt like dead weight as it was helplessly flopping, the brunt of impact made his body weary with each hit. Jet growled as he slammed Zuko to the ground once he found a secluded area. A cough wracked through him as he sneered victoriously at the red rushing to his cheeks. Releasing the boy from his grasp, he slammed his hook on his shoulder watching him roll in pain as his face scrunched in agony. Fuck. He mentally hissed. This crazy bastard might really kill me. His heart pounded as he clutched the ground beneath him, ignoring the flames of pain lashing against his body, shaking from the blow. Jet smashed his weapon against Zuko's head this time glee on his face as he heard the pained grunt coming from his victim.

"Oh...I'm just getting started with you, you disgusting bastard." Jet growled raising his arm up once more to strike him. "I hope you got more in you than this! Cause otherwise this is gonna be a boring ass kill!" Zuko growled and grabbed the hook as it descended down towards him quickly getting up, despite the quick blur that invaded his eyesight. Breathing a little heavily, Zuko snarled and pushed against the freedom fighter with a strained grunt as he did his best to stand strong against the rapid smacks from Jet's weapons against his arms and sides as he was trying to get him off of his body. Despite the scorching in his legs and the lashings against his back, the gold eyed boy snarled and used his body weight to push forward and slam his attacker against the wall, his hand gripping Jet's forehead and slamming it as hard as he could against the brick wall behind them. Feeling the body in front of him lose its tension, the boy abandoned his grip and bolted down the hall plagued by the blurring of his surroundings. His stomach churned as he decided to hide in one of the open rooms, gripping his stomach trying not to panic from the sounds of the hooks scraping against the floor faintly behind him.

~~

Katara slammed open the doors rushing after the sounds of grunting and blows landing choking down tears. This can't happen again. Not again. Stopping for a moment, she fell silent only to be returned with the same silence. "Shit." She mumbled to herself. Biting her lip for a moment, she took one path and hoped she'd find Zuko or Jet. Hopefully, either way Zuko will still be breathing. She thought to herself forcing herself to ignore the way her heart dropped at the thought. With each door she found, she tested the handle to see if it was locked and listened for anyone still inside. After about the fifth locked door, she pushed herself inside the door only to find one of the custodians cleaning a room, eyes widened from the abrupt entrance. Panting, she braced herself against a table.